Old 12th July 2008, 21:52   #81
chimichanga15

Send a message via AIM to chimichanga15
Quote:
* Improved: Zero padding option for playlist item numbers
Could this be extended to "space/underscore/anything padding" as well, so instead of
09. Song 1
10. Song 2
it would display as
_9. Song 1
10. Song 2
?

"00001" just isn't that visually appealing
Old 13th July 2008, 01:09   #82
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
[Image]

I love alpha channels! Here you go, extract the images over the old ones. controls.png is bento, componentcontrols.png is big bento. They don't work so well with a colour theme.
Just to say my point of view; J_Darnley, those buttons you have there look way better than the standard ones.. Your buttons are white, the same as all of the other buttons (which it should be).. So, why are they black in the middle as standard? :S

Last edited by Kn0tte; 13th July 2008 at 01:35.
Old 13th July 2008, 04:11   #83
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
for all of you complaining about those buttons in MCV / shade:
believe me this was the best solution and i don't want to give any more details on this.
Old 13th July 2008, 07:49   #84
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by chimichanga15
Could this be extended to "space/underscore/anything padding" as well, so instead of
09. Song 1
10. Song 2
it would display as
_9. Song 1
10. Song 2
?

"00001" just isn't that visually appealing
Even I would support this request... I turned it off immediately when I saw how it looks... With > 3000 in the playlist, there are simply too many zeros.

May be you could integrate the playlist item number in the ATF string itself, so that the number and title are shown from the ATF string together and not separately.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 13th July 2008, 09:53   #85
DrO

it was done with 0's since that's what was logged in the wishlist thread - now i don't know why i bothered since all that seems to be going on is bitching about shit with this release and i'm just plain tired of it all as the community/users + winamp itself are going in the wrong direction. no wonder people (including myself now) don't want to do work on things for the player anymore.

-daz
Old 13th July 2008, 11:03   #86
greqmaster

Powinny być listy listy odtwarzania które można łatwo przełączać tak jak w foobar2000
Old 13th July 2008, 14:01   #87
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Quote:
Originally posted by greqmaster
Powinny być listy listy odtwarzania które można łatwo przełączać tak jak w foobar2000
Gregmaster,
This is english forum. Use this, if you want to speak polish: International Connection

Ps: Apropo list odtwarzania, mamy je przecież w bibliotece mediów. Także, instalując Essentials Pack, mamy dostęp do list odtwarzania bezpośrednio w edytorze list odtwarzania (w skórce nowoczesnej).
Pozdr
Old 13th July 2008, 16:57   #88
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
it was done with 0's since that's what was logged in the wishlist thread - now i don't know why i bothered since all that seems to be going on is bitching about shit with this release and i'm just plain tired of it all as the community/users + winamp itself are going in the wrong direction. no wonder people (including myself now) don't want to do work on things for the player anymore.

-daz
I hope you don't think that. There are thousands of us that don't necessarily post who are very grateful for everybodies contribution to the player....i know it was your jtfe plug in that finally made me move from winamp3 to 5 (yes, i was one of the few that really liked winamp3)

You've all done really great work, i look forward to all new releases and truely enjoy what you guys have done. Please don't give up winamp development! For every 1 hater i'm sure there are hundreds of anonymous lovers.

Nikhil
Old 13th July 2008, 18:03   #89
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DrO & All:
I know there are much bitching going on these days, but it is not as bad as it sounds..
I agree with niktheguru, Winamp is the best player ever, dont give up!

Like the zeros-option for the playlist, that was a good implementation.. And I see that people asked for __ too, but that is just a suggestion to make it even better (more options).. I myself like zeros best of those two though

I repeat; Winamp 5.54 is/was a good release.. There will always be people bitching about something, but there will also be someone who are always enjoying the new things

Btw, what do you guys mean with Winamp going in the wrong direction? It is still fast, secure, and a nice looking player

Keep up the good work
Old 13th July 2008, 20:17   #90
TheUniqueTiger

@ DrO,
I'm a long time fan of Winamp and I wouldn't easily go away from it... I have tried all of the mainstream Media players and none of them really amused me. I really think Winamp is surely improving with each new version. There are a lot of Winamp users including me who really want several more features in their favorite player that they use day in and day out, but even if it is said fewer number of times, all of them are really thankful to the devs to have always improved Winamp with several of those requests.
As Kn0tte said above, Keep up the Good Work!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 14th July 2008, 03:12   #91
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO

-daz
Don't worry about it. Just take a deep breath and relax.

What's this about going in the wrong direction?
Old 14th July 2008, 06:56   #92
mynameisnobody

@DrO:
I've to say for me and many others winamp is going the right direction(as far as I can estimate from outside).

Especially since the 5.5 release, with the big steps like albumart-support or the localization, winamp is the best player!

So I hope you will continue your good work!
Old 14th July 2008, 15:15   #93
samthepeach

I downloaded v5.5 and its really cool, but when i use it like i used to with the audioscrobbler v1.7 plugin, it kept giving me an error which required me to shut down winamp, so i could not use winamp at all. The error goes away when the plugin is uninstalled but now my problem is that i cant log my listening stats on last.fm

Anybody have a solution for me? Or a link to an audioscrobbler that works on Winamp v5.5??
Old 14th July 2008, 15:25   #94
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Perhaps try DrO's modification of the audioscrobbler plugin. As you will see when looking at the responses in the thread I just linked to, it works perfectly well for forums member dypsis.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 15th July 2008, 04:36   #95
DBGARZA

Question and I know this may sound stupid but how in this green earth works the Winamp playlist sidecar? of course on the Winamp Modern Skin, I searched and searched and nothing, I did installed it since I did marked it on the installation of the essentials pack but I can't find it on Winamp

So please tell me how does that work?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Nevermind, I got it, gee, I feel so idiot for this

Then again I barely started to get used to the modern skins, mostly since I always have been a fan of the classic skins, they make me remember the classic Winamp 2.9
Old 15th July 2008, 08:33   #96
DBGARZA

Sorry for the double post but the time to edit my other post ran out.

Anyhow I was testing the youtube support that comes with the essentials pack and it does work great except for one thing.

The video plays perfectly flawless smoothly and the sound even came out great since now it takes also the equalizer presets too but I noticed that the osciloscope, the time elapsed/remaining counter and the beat vis animations got all out of synch with the video, for example the elapsed/remaining timer jumps seconds since it can read exactly the timing of the video plus Winamp delays a bit in respond when say you click on pause or open a menu.

I think the youtube support still needs a bit of tweaking on the performance since I noticed the CPU usage when playing a FLV video goes up to 70%, also the playlist doesn't shows the total time of the video nor the part with the player controls, it only shows the name of the video.

If you use the workaround with FFDShow and the Directshow Decoder of Winamp all goes fine, timer, osciloscope and beat vis work correctly and the CPU usage at least in my case doesn't goes up not even to a 20% and even with full screen enabled, also this method shows all the data of the video as in total time of the video correctly on both playlist and player.

Oh another time I noticed is that the issue with the osciloscope, timer and beat vis varies depending on how long the .flv video is, with short videos as in say 1:30 minute long to 2 minutes the behavior is less deep than with long videos that last from 5 minutes and up, with 5 minute long videos and up is when you notice more the slow down on Winamp oddly enough just in things like the already mentioned, or open a menu, moving between the tabs, etc. but the video keeps playing smoothly, not a single slow down there.
Old 15th July 2008, 11:33   #97
samthepeach

Thanx man, at last i can fully enjoy winamp v5.5

Scrobbler submits my tracks, just to see how stable it runs!!
Old 16th July 2008, 05:21   #98
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Yer welcome
But thank DrO - not me
Old 16th July 2008, 14:43   #99
Alborz777

Very shiny and nifty released
Thanks guys
Old 17th July 2008, 09:35   #100
pacotole

* Improved: [ml_nowplaying] Redesigned 'Now Playing' artist experience

¿How I can remove the new buttons of "Find artist info" in minimode?
Old 17th July 2008, 14:40   #101
homes32

read the entire thread and you will find out!

homes32
Old 18th July 2008, 22:33   #102
Markus.B

An old bug is back in the neighbourhood!

forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2323176#post2323176

Old 19th July 2008, 00:51   #103
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus.B
An old bug is back in the neighbourhood!

forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2323176#post2323176
Look here mate! =)
#6 - It is a known bug..

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....156839#regress
Old 19th July 2008, 03:04   #104
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte

Btw, what do you guys mean with Winamp going in the wrong direction? It is still fast, secure, and a nice looking player

now i agree winamp is a whole lot more secure than windows media player and real player((c) to both 2008-beyond)i have yet to hear of a virus to come through winamp unlike the other players
now i do admit that i use real player but i only use it to burn audio cds that are compatible with all cd players (new and old(ones who cant handle cd-/+r cds)(something about the cd text not recorded with other audio cd burner software)and also use the browser plugin to grab videos off of the internet ie. youtube music videos, but i like the fade in/out of tracks with winamp and the visualizations are a whole lot better looking than the other players (anyway to make a screen saver out of them)now i do admit that the program itself is getting a little bulky, but its easy to disable parts you dont want to use
so i hope you (the designers) keep up the work and help by getting rid bugs and by developing new features that others would probably appreciate and if they dont (let them figure out how to disable the feature)

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 20th July 2008, 21:38   #105
DBGARZA

I solved the problem with the youtube videos using the support for them that comes with the essentials pack, actually it were the videos themselves, I noticed that even the standalone FLV player from Riva software couldn't get which was the full lenght of it, not even which codec they had, I converted them to FLV videos with Sorenson H.263 and that worked well to get them playing correctly on Winamp using the FLV plug-in that comes with Winamp and the extra codec support that comes with the essentials pack.

I think my problem was that most of the videos I have aren't recent, they were from the first years of youtube, guess at that time they were using a different FLV codec or something.

And very different since the Riva FLV player in the info dialog had all the fields as unknown, it couldn't get any info no length, no video codec used to encode it, no audio codec used to encode the audio, no bitrate, nothing.

Ah well I solved the problem now and all is fine
Old 20th July 2008, 21:42   #106
Wolfgang
Forum King

Great update. Keep up the good work, chaps!
Old 20th July 2008, 23:18   #107
robdog2004
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DBGARZA

I think my problem was that most of the videos I have aren't recent, they were from the first years of youtube, guess at that time they were using a different FLV codec or something.

flv codecs are always changing as each version of flash changes so so the codecs the only reason they are doing this is to keep exploits out (and even trying to keep us from downloading the files(try nick.com or disney.com for example(you try to download with any plugin or add on itll lock you out of the server and the file you get will either play a stupid message or wont let you play at all))) so as long as you can find away to transcode the files you will be able to play them in winamp

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 21st July 2008, 09:35   #108
DBGARZA

Quote:
Originally posted by robdog2004
flv codecs are always changing as each version of flash changes so so the codecs the only reason they are doing this is to keep exploits out (and even trying to keep us from downloading the files(try nick.com or disney.com for example(you try to download with any plugin or add on itll lock you out of the server and the file you get will either play a stupid message or wont let you play at all))) so as long as you can find away to transcode the files you will be able to play them in winamp
Yeah, oddly enough before doing the transcoding Winamp did played them, I mean Winamp 5.54 with the extra codec support for other FLV Codecs, but since it couldn't how to put it? decipher the codec they were created with, it played the video smoothly alright but it was causing a slow down on anything else on Winamp plus a lack of info as in to show the total length of the video, sound bitrate and such plus the osciloscope and beat vis weren't in synch with the video playback due to the high cpu usage the video was giving off, up to 70% in my case, but when I encoded them with a converter I found to a known code that showed well all the data even on the standalone player that did the trick for Winamp as well.

For what I heard with Adobe Flash you get a Flash Video Encoder with the one you can encode with the new codec, the VP6 but spend much money just to get an encoder isn't precisely smart and more if you won't use the rest of what you're buying namely the Flash program.

Fortunately there are other options, mostly due to the fact the FLV has become a very popular video format thanks to Youtube and other sites.
Old 21st July 2008, 12:24   #109
robdog2004
Major Dude

yeah flv is getting popular but what im hearing is that there is more than one type (what i read (cant remember where)i think from adobe) but the principal is the same you will still need flash player installed (for anyone interested in using the plugin)

thanks rob

Old 21st July 2008, 22:17   #110
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Winamp can decode the VP6 based FLV videos as it already has a license to the VP4, VP5 and VP6 from back with NSV. Newer FLVs use h.264. That codec cost a lot of bank. $0.25 per user, I think.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 22nd July 2008, 04:18   #111
DBGARZA

Yeah, but with transcode the ones you download from Youtube to H.263 or VP6 is enough, no need to worry about H.264 at least for now
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:52   #112
alizia

Winamp is standard

Winamp is standard media player, which always comes in the market with new features. I like to use winamp while listening music.
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:56   #113
alizia

winamp

I like to use winamp while listening music. It is one of the most stylish player.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:14   #114
Barista

Media Library Missing Genre Info In Some AAC M4A Files

I have just installed Winamp Pro 5.54. I uninstalled the previous version 5.531 before installing 5.54.

For some strange reason, after I add (import) existing AAC (.m4a) audio files to the Media Library, the "genre" information in the Media Library (both modern and Bento skins) on SOME (but not all) of my AAC (.m4a) audio files cannot be seen. Only the genre column is affected. The Artist, Title, Length, etc. columns look fine. All of my AAC (.m4a) audio files were tagged with Apple's iTunes 7. These are NOT iTunes DRM locked files. The .m4a files play perfectly fine in Winamp.

I never had any missing "genre" column information in any of my previous versions of Winamp. Winamp 5.53 and earlier version showed all of the "genre" information without any problems in AAC (.m4a) files.

This seems to affect only AAC files tagged with iTunes. I tested AAC files ripped with Winamp and they show the "genre" info without any problems.

Is there anyone else experiencing this strange issue?

Thanks for your help.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:29   #115
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmmm. strange.
To be able to reproduce it, we would need a download link to a sample file that exhibits the problem.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:46   #116
robdog2004
Major Dude

i would check the id3 tag first sometimes they dont save correctly check and make sure the genre is on both versions of the id3 tag

thanks rob

Old 24th July 2008, 15:01   #117
Barista

Thanks for the reply DJ Egg. I'll see what I can do to post a sample of the offending iTunes tagged AAC files. This is obviously not a big issue and probably only affects my current PC configuration.

By the way, thanks to all the Winamp developers and forum moderators over the past many years for producing and supporting an EXCELLENT versatile media player! I have tried many different media players on my PC and Winamp Pro is still the best $20 US dollars I have ever spent in my life. ;-)
Old 24th July 2008, 22:55   #118
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DJ EGG: - A test to be 100% sure;
ML window bug;
I know its fixed for the next release, but for me its so weird in 5.54 that I want you to test it the last time with your latest internal beta to be 100% sure.
Follow the instructions:

1) Make sure you are using the Winamp Modern Skin (or any other non-SUI Modern Skin..)

2) Close Winamp, and wait for a few sec..

3) Start Winamp!

4) Press the ML button in the Main Window;
Does it open in the front the first time you tried?

For me, with 5.54, no it doesnt the first time. But the second time and so on, it DOES open in the front (until I restart Winamp of course..).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kn0tte; 25th July 2008 at 00:02.
Old 25th July 2008, 00:13   #119
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Barista
Zip it up, upload it to one of sendspace.com, mediafire.com or stashbox.org, and post the download link here (don't worry if it says 'url submitted by user' in your post, mods & admin can still see the url).

@Kn0tte
Please just trust me when I say that the latest internal Winamp 5.5x beta is now 100% kn0tte approved :-)
Old 25th July 2008, 12:42   #120
ujay
Forum King

You even get a special mention KnOtte !!!

UJ
Attached Images
File Type: png sp32-20080725-123613.png (21.2 KB, 328 views)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion