Old 31st July 2004, 17:14   #1
siebe83
Forum King

When right-clicking Playlists in the left pane of the Media Library, one of the menu entries is 'Import playlist from folder...'.
When clicking Import in the playlists view, it says 'Import playlists from folder...'.
In the dialog it says 'Import playlist from folder'.

I'd say 'playlists' is correct.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 1st August 2004, 01:03   #2
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
When right-clicking Playlists in the left pane of the Media Library, one of the menu entries is 'Import playlist from folder...'.
When clicking Import in the playlists view, it says 'Import playlists from folder...'.
In the dialog it says 'Import playlist from folder'.

I'd say 'playlists' is correct.
usually you have one playlist per dir

so i don't see this as a bug.
Old 1st August 2004, 08:16   #3
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazog
usually you have one playlist per dir

so i don't see this as a bug.
ok, it's not a bug...
it's a typo:
in the right-click playlists menu it says 'playlist', under the import button it says 'playlists'
so, wether playlist or playlists is right: it should be the same

(not a big deal, just a typo...)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 1st August 2004, 19:50   #4
jeordie_white

Otachan 0.47 ASIO Audio Output plugin (latest, exe, sse)'s gapless feature is bugged, it works in conjunction with Otachan's In_Mpg123 input plugin.

Im not sure whos to blame, but Its almost as if winamp has hard locked a setting of somesort, and its lame.

even seems my sound quality is lower!!... Just kidding.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
We do NOT support 3rd-party plugins here.
Please read the instructions before posting. This post will be deleted
Old 1st August 2004, 20:05   #5
ivand67

Shift+Enter not working on Jump To File 0.96a.

I made a whole thread for this on the Winamp Technical support forum just a few minutes ago and then I did a search and found this thread. I now think that it is a bug.

Pressing enter alone jumps to the file like it should, but shift+enter closes the Jump To File dialog and then it doesn't put the song in the enqueue list, this is with shuffle on or off.

I'm on a media library view and I've also tried it with a regular playlist and it still doesn't work.

This was NOT happening with 5.03c's version of Jump to File, 0.94.

Jump to File in my opinion is one of the coolest plug-ins as it lets you quickly move to a favorite song right away or after the current song.

I'm thinking of uninstalling 0.96 and replacing it with 0.94...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Crossposted & dealt with here.
This post will be deleted.
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:12   #6
Hoshikuzu

Send a message via AIM to Hoshikuzu
I have replicated the problem I had with 5.03 (I did it in 5.04 and with only official plugins). The problem I'm referring to is that when you "Add file(s)" and leave it on "All Supported Types", if there are a large number of plugins, the window where you choose the files doesn't show the formats toward the bottom of WinAMP's list. I've tried to see exactly what makes it happen... while the number of plugins has varied when it happens, and the number of items on the "Files of type:" list when you go to add files has also varied... I think I've narrowed it down to one possibility. It seems that WinAMP only shows media files that have extensions from the first 40 in the list that resides in Preferences (where you go to set file extensions). Using different extensions, WinAMP would show the file in the "Add file(s)" window only if its extension was one of the first 40 in the list. Any time an extension was 41st or farther down, it wouldn't show up. I've tried this on both Windows 98SE and Windows 2000 (the only two operating systems I have between my 4 hard drives). I used only the official plugins that come with a clean, full install of WinAMP 5.04, and the system specs were varied so much, the problem couldn't be hardware-dependent, even if that SOUNDED possible under the circumstances.
Old 2nd August 2004, 18:16   #7
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

@Hoshikuzu
This is actually a Windows limitation. The extension list is limited to 256 characters. It's been brought up a few times, reproduced and nothing we can do about it. Go through the plug-in configs and remove some of the lesser used extensions (especially in in_mod, in_midi and in_wave)

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 4th August 2004, 18:06   #8
bluh

media library bug

my system : (though i don't really think it's relevant)

pIV HT 3 GHz
1 gig DDR 400 MHz Dual Channel
ati radeon 9800 pro 128 MB RAM
C-Media AC97 onboard sound
WinXP all updates/patches installed
Winamp 5.04 , clean

bug :

the option to enqueue a file in the playlist upon a double-click in the media library is activated in the preferences menu
then, when i delete a file from the media library, my entire media library is suddenly enqueued in the playlist

i'm terribly sorry if this has been posted before, but i did check the entire forum and didn't see it...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, but we can't reproduce this.
Please include the exact steps and configuration required to reproduce it.

Last edited by bluh; 4th August 2004 at 18:30.
Old 6th August 2004, 22:32   #9
Carno

JTFE 0.96b bug?

Since I installed JFTE 0.96b a feature I've come to rely on is no longer working. Pressing 'M' to move file after current no longer does so, nor does right-clicking & selecting move after current. I did a full uninstall/reinstall yesterday, and the only additional plugins installed are ipod support, Dynamic Library, McTosd, Wincue, & items from DrO's plugin pack (CaC, FFoD, NoS).

I have an Athlon XP 2000+ w/ 256 megs of DDR SDRAM, OS is 2k with SP4.

Is this affecting anyone else?
Old 7th August 2004, 01:42   #10
amano
Major Dude

HMM. It only works from the JTFE dialog. Not from the PL anymore.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 7th August 2004, 01:49   #11
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Carnobot
JTFE 0.96b bug?

Since I installed JFTE 0.96b a feature I've come to rely on is no longer working. Pressing 'M' to move file after current no longer does so, nor does right-clicking & selecting move after current. I did a full uninstall/reinstall yesterday, and the only additional plugins installed are ipod support, Dynamic Library, McTosd, Wincue, & items from DrO's plugin pack (CaC, FFoD, NoS).

I have an Athlon XP 2000+ w/ 256 megs of DDR SDRAM, OS is 2k with SP4.

Is this affecting anyone else?
it should be affecting everyone, for whatever reason a message was removed from the code (and i don't see how it could have happened )

can you confirm this temporarily available version works -> test me

-daz
Old 7th August 2004, 02:58   #12
amano
Major Dude

I can confirm that it works again now . From the JTFE dialog, from the PL right click and with the "M" shortcut. Tnx, DrO, for the quickfix!

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 7th August 2004, 11:30   #13
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
I can confirm that it works again now . From the JTFE dialog, from the PL right click and with the "M" shortcut. Tnx, DrO, for the quickfix!
yipee, the fixed version is officially updated and available from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....58#post1432258

-daz
Old 7th August 2004, 15:34   #14
Carno

Thank you DrO... I use the M like you wouldn't believe. :-)
Old 17th August 2004, 16:26   #15
bugmenot

Media Library doesn't like some characters

It is probably well known that Media Library refuses to import files with names that contain characters with diacritic marks. If this is not known, then let me just tell you I have this problem on a Win2k system (English, but with the default locale set to Russian). Cyrillic names are imported fine, but names with diacritic are not. Perhaps, Western European (and American) users do not experience this problem, though they may be unable to import songs with Cyrillic names.

But the bigger and stranger problem is that Media Library refuses to import a song with a particular name:
"Seinaru Doukei - 10 - Free Bird, Mahiru no Tsuki e To (Toward the Midday Moon).mp3"

All characters are low-bit ASCII (I retyped it manually to be sure). If I change the "d"s in Midday to "f"s (or some other letters) the file is imported fine (Seinaru Doukei - 10 - Free Bird, Mahiru no Tsuki e To (Toward the Miffay Moon).mp3), but when I change it back to "d", it doesn't. Odd, isn't it? The file itself doesn't have any problems and it doesn't have ID3 tags.

If you have additional questions, send e-mail to winampforums.tippo.10@xoxy.net
Old 28th August 2004, 00:10   #16
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Fixed bugs & useless posts etc split from sticky thread
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports