Old 26th August 2006, 05:34   #1
Hoshikuzu

Send a message via AIM to Hoshikuzu
Question: Music Search on the Site Nonfunctional

I searched the forums and wasn't able to find anything about this, so I figured I'd start a new thread and ask.

As the title says, whenever I try to run a search in the Music section of the site, there are always no results. It's not that the song isn't there. I actually picked a random song that I saw with a simple title, and I searched for it (it was "Me & U", btw). As I thought, I ended up with no results. Searching for an artist turned up the same problem. Then I thought that maybe since the titles were surrounded with apostrophes, I'd add those. Well, that actually led me to a blank page containing only the standardized header that *every* page on the site has.

This problem normally wouldn't bother me so much, but since there is no way to make more results show up on one page, it becomes quite tedious to look at 3-5 artists, then have to go to the next page (which means loading time). Doing this 40 times gets very annoying when I'm looking for a single song. And I noticed that they're in alphabetical order (except for new updates, it seems, which come first), but trying to find out if "Vanilla Ninja" becomes too much of a chore. Is there something I'm missing with this seemingly standard search option, or this a bug?

Last edited by Hoshikuzu; 26th August 2006 at 05:59.
Hoshikuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 06:41   #2
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Winamp searches on plugins, skins, etc. have had temporary problems countless times.

Yes, it really sucks.

But, the good news is that it is usually temporary, and if you just drink a few beers and come back when you run out, it works again.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 08:25   #3
Hoshikuzu

Send a message via AIM to Hoshikuzu
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just wait it out then.

That's really weird, though. Is there a known reason for that (like some kind of overload), or is it an unfixable reason? Just wondering out of curiousity, as it really is quite odd...
Hoshikuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 10:29   #4
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Who knows it's been like that for as long as I can ever remember, usually one of the many servers that makeup winamp.com goes screwy so that when it comes into use the search if screwed, when it drops out of use and another one takes over it works again.

Something is always going wrong on one of them at sometime.

Long time users of the site just get used to it and shrug it off, it's how things work around here
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 23:37   #5
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Here's what winamp/AOL officials don't want you to know:

They have business partners within the beer industry, and often find more and more ways of getting you to buy and drink beer. If you spend any time here on the forums, you'll see we have a lot of threads/discussion topics about beer to get you in the mood for it. They put up AOL survey popups so that you get pissed and drink beer to feel better. The search function occasionally stops working temporarily so that you are given the opportunity to drink beer while waiting for it to work again.

Now I'm going to be banned for passing on their corporate marketing secret.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2006, 04:20   #6
zootm
Forum King

"You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you, don't you?"

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist