Old 28th March 2019, 15:57   #481
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
... He did not have to share it. ...
Well, he did didn't he ... and he also responded to many who had posted. Regarding 'decency', your opinion (as well as mine) is noted.
MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 18:32   #482
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Hi MourningStar,

Peter's email address (...) is where ariszio stated it is at. It has always been there, starting with his 1st update version (in 2016). It is also listed in the Skin information box in the Winamp Preferences dialog
...and should have remained there.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. Maybe ask a mod to remove it from your post?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 19:50   #483
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post

..., but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. ...
Old 28th March 2019, 20:21   #484
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post

I'm sure you meant no harm, but if somebody doesn't post their address in a public forum (overrun with spambots) themselves you shouldn't do so either. Maybe ask a mod to remove it from your post?
You are correct. My 1st thought (without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.

Pawel has edited my post (removing the email address). Thank you, Pawel.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 20:28   #485
NJK
The Frisian

Quote:
You are correct. My 1st thought (without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.
and there is nothing wrong with helping out others

next time --> PM

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 20:49   #486
MourningStar

Quote:
...(without thinking it through) was to provide MourningStar the info he said he couldn't find.
yeah, ... PeterK informing the community he would no longer participate I still cannot find and with all the activity this has produced, - still not found.
Old 28th March 2019, 21:36   #487
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
PeterK informing the community he would no longer participate I still cannot find
No, he has not explicitly stated so but you can infer it by checking when he was last active and from his not announcing the latest release of Quinto Black CT.

Latest and greatest modern skins: Big Bento Modern v1.13 & Quinto Black CT v3.1
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 21:59   #488
Aminifu
Forum King

I don't really care if PeterK posts here or not.

I'm happy that as of earlier this month he was still working on this skin. The animated speakers in v2.8 is a nice addition, imho.

Thank you ariszlo for the heads up in your updated signature.

Those who want v2.8 can Google search for the download link.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 28th March 2019, 22:38   #489
MourningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
No, he has not explicitly stated so but you can infer it by checking when he was last active and from his not announcing the latest release of Quinto Black CT.
thank you. I do not 'infer' from when one is 'last active' because activity here has mega-drastically gone down. -laters, and see you on 'the other side'.
Old 2nd April 2019, 04:22   #490
Renan.Spolon

This skin is a spectacle, to be perfect you only have the option to remove the "Side Panel Color", leaving everything transparent.

It would be interesting a way to auto-update Skin, or that it warns that it has a new update.

Hugs and thanks for your work.

Esta Skin é um espetáculo, para ficar perfeito só falta a opção de remover o "Side Panel Color" deixando tudo transparente.

Seria interessante uma forma de auto-atualizar da Skin, ou que ela avissase que tem uma nova atualização.

Abraços e muito obrigado pelo seu trabalho.
Renan.Spolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 21:46   #491
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan.Spolon View Post
Is it possible to remove the reflection in the panels?

These reflections are an important component in PeterK's vision for this skin, but they can be removed.

Shutdown Winamp or switch to another skin. Then you can use an archiving app (eg. 7zip) to open the Quinto Black CT v*.wal file (version 2.5 or newer) and delete, rename, or move the image files ("light_reflection.png" and "light_reflection_big.png") in the PNG subfolder within the .wal file that provide these reflections.

These 2 images are not critical to the operation of this skin and an error message should not be generated when the skin's associated calling routine can't find them.

Old 14th April 2019, 04:40   #492
Renan.Spolon

Quote:
These reflections are an important component in PeterK's vision for this skin, but they can be removed.

Shutdown Winamp or switch to another skin. Then you can use an archiving app (eg. 7zip) to open the Quinto Black CT v*.wal file (version 2.5 or newer) and delete, rename, or move the image files ("light_reflection.png" and "light_reflection_big.png") in the PNG subfolder within the .wal file that provide these reflections.

These 2 images are not critical to the operation of this skin and an error message should not be generated when the skin's associated calling routine can't find them.

Wow!!!

Worked, thank you.
Renan.Spolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2019, 13:06   #493
ariszlo

Quinto Black CT v2.9 is out:

Old 1st June 2019, 03:02   #494
ChozoSR388

Is there any place I can let him know about a graphical issue (layer positioning) that I found? I don't know how long it's been in the skin, or if anyone else has noticed it, let alone him.

Here's the layering issue:
ChozoSR388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 03:07   #495
ChozoSR388

And when I say layering issue, what I mean is that in all the other component elements that have the lights at the top, the lights all go over the top "display" layers, but under the plastic layer
Old 1st June 2019, 14:14   #496
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChozoSR388 View Post
Is there any place I can let him know about a graphical issue (layer positioning) that I found?
Yes. You can find his email address in the skin.xml file inside Quinto Black CT v2.9.wal.

Old 1st June 2019, 17:04   #497
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
And when I say layering issue, what I mean is that in all the other component elements that have the lights at the top, the lights all go over the top "display" layers, but under the plastic layer
It appears to me that the effect is the same with all the components with lights at the top. It is more or less noticeable depending on the colors (or color theme) being used.

Old 11th June 2019, 20:50   #498
ariszlo

Quinto Black CT v3.0 released

Now with RGB Color Changer!

Old 24th July 2019, 14:57   #499
ariszlo

Quinto Black v3.1 released

Old 24th July 2019, 22:00   #500
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ariszlo,

I tried version 3.1 and the analog VU meter doesn't work for me. Does it work for you?

Old 25th July 2019, 16:25   #501
ariszlo

It works like this for me:
quinto31.mp4
Be careful, the video is too loud! Flashback Express seems to boost the volume.

Old 25th July 2019, 22:38   #502
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ariszlo,

Thank you for verifying that 3.1's analog VU meter works and taking the extra step of providing a video.

After making a copy, I deleted my "studio.xnf" file (which lets Winamp rebuild it). After that, 3.1 totally works for me too. I tried comparing the .xnf files, but I have no idea which entry or entries from previous Quinto Black CT versions was messing with things. As you know, some of a skin's settings are grouped together and some aren't. This makes it very hard to just remove the data pertaining to 1 particular skin.

Anyway, this cleans out the data for all of the modern skins I no longer use and gives me an excuse to play around with new arrangements for those I still use.

Old 7th August 2019, 03:11   #503
ChozoSR388

I'm having a couple issues with v3.1; for one, I can't apply any color themes: when I RMB > Options > Color Themes, the only option I get is 'My Colors', which when clicked, does nothing. Secondly, I can't hide the peaks on the Spectrum Analyzer. There's simply no option. It just has 'Show Peaks', even though they're on by default.

Aside from that, v3.1 is amazing! The feet options for the components is something I've been hoping would make into the skin, and the new look of the new speakers is fantastic!
Old 7th August 2019, 10:56   #504
kleopartitia

I very like skins witch looks like retro radio
kleopartitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 18:28   #505
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
I'm having a couple issues with v3.1; for one, I can't apply any color themes: when I RMB > Options > Color Themes, the only option I get is 'My Colors', which when clicked, does nothing. Secondly, I can't hide the peaks on the Spectrum Analyzer. There's simply no option. It just has 'Show Peaks', even though they're on by default.

The pre-selected color themes has been replaced with the "RGB Color Changer". It allows you to change the color of some of the items in the skin. It is listed in the Options - Quinto Black CT context menu command.

The options for Quinto Black CT also has an option for 'Show Peaks' in it's Visualizer - Visualizer Options. To turn the peaks indicator off, select this option (which causes the window listing all of the Quinto Black CT options to close). Then return to (re-display) the 'Show Peaks' option, you should see a check mark in front of the option, select the option again. This should turn the peaks indicator off (and remove the check mark if you re-display the option again). The need to double select the 'Show Peaks' option is probably a bug.

Having to reopen the Quinto Black CT options window to enable or disable each option is a nuisance, imo. But, I agree this skin is one of the best available for Winamp.

Old 8th August 2019, 10:42   #506
ChozoSR388

Quote:
The pre-selected color themes has been replaced with the "RGB Color Changer". It allows you to change the color of some of the items in the skin. It is listed in the Options - Quinto Black CT context menu command.

The options for Quinto Black CT also has an option for 'Show Peaks' in it's Visualizer - Visualizer Options. To turn the peaks indicator off, select this option (which causes the window listing all of the Quinto Black CT options to close). Then return to (re-display) the 'Show Peaks' option, you should see a check mark in front of the option, select the option again. This should turn the peaks indicator off (and remove the check mark if you re-display the option again). The need to double select the 'Show Peaks' option is probably a bug.

Having to reopen the Quinto Black CT options window to enable or disable each option is a nuisance, imo. But, I agree this skin is one of the best available for Winamp.
Unfortunately, while selecting 'Show Peaks' in the Visualizer Options did put a check mark in front of the option, selecting it a second time didn't disable them.

Also, with the RGB Color Changer, is it supposed to dynamically change the color as you're messing with the sliders, or is there something you need to do to apply the chosen color? The reason I ask is, if it is supposed to be a dynamic thing, it's not doing it; I seem to be stuck on the default bluish-white color. I mean, it's not at all unpleasant, but I've gotten partial to the 'Goldenrod' color theme, and I missed the v3.0 release, so v3.1 is my first experience with the skin without the predefined color themes.
Old 8th August 2019, 17:33   #507
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ChozoSR388,

When you selected the 'Show Peaks' option a second time, did the check mark go away? That worked for me. Maybe you need to shut down and restart your Winamp. What visualizer style and bandwidth (set by the visualizer presets options) are you using?

The RGB Color Changer is not dynamic. After you select the color you want, the "Apply New Color" button (at the bottom of the window) should become active. Then click on it to apply the new color. It will probably take you awhile to learn how to select the exact color you want. When you click on a color (that is close to the color you want) in the primary colors box, the numbers associated with that color appear in the red, green and blue boxes in the color preview panel. Then you can use the sliders (carefully) to increase or decrease the number(s) by 1 or more to slightly change the color shown in the color preview panel. You can also click ahead of the digit you want to change in the applicable numbers box, delete it, then enter the number you want to use. Numbers in the range of 0 to 255 can be used in each box.

I had to think back to what I learned in elementary school art lessons about how to mix red, green and blue to get other colors.

Old 8th August 2019, 20:08   #508
ChozoSR388

Yeah, the check mark did go away, but the peak thingies stayed, and I've tried it in all three variants of the Spectroscope Bandwidth preset. They still persist. And as to the RGB Color Changer, I actually don't have that 'Apply New Color' button. There are a couple spots above and below the color selection area that look like they should have something in them, but they're just blank, dark rectangles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RGB Color Changer.png
Views:	128
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	54478  
Old 9th August 2019, 05:42   #509
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ChozoSR388,

Yes, your RGB Color Changer is incomplete. The upper spot should contain the control that lets you select the item whose color you want to change.

It appears that you are having the same types of problems I had when I first tried using version 3.1 after using previous versions of Quinto Black CT. I assume some of the configuration data from previous versions somehow corrupted or interfered with the configuration data for 3.1.

The fix I used is rather drastic, since I could not determine what the error(s) was/were. It requires losing the configuration data for all of the modern skins you are using, which will then require re-configuring each of them all over again. You do this by shutting down Winamp, then deleting or renaming the file that Winamp uses to store the configuration data for modern skins. This file is created or updated each time Winamp is shutdown. The modern skins configuration data file is located in your Users - Appdata - Roaming - Winamp folder. The same folder that your "winamp.ini" file is in. The file is named "studio.xnf". This is a text file that you can use the Windows notepad app to view and edit (if you know what to fix or change).

Sometimes, letting Winamp recreate the "studio.xnf" file is the only way to get a new modern skin working correctly or 'fixing' a modern skin that used to work and stopped for some unknown reason.

Old 9th August 2019, 10:05   #510
ChozoSR388

Yeah, that fixed it! Thank you so much! I can change the color of elements now AND, it even fixed the Spectrum Analyzer peaks issue! I will have to file this away for future reference.
Old 9th August 2019, 17:22   #511
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ChozoSR388,

I'm glad 3.1 is working for you now. Hopefully the next version update will not require removing the "studio.xnf" file.

Quinto Black CT has a ton of stuff that enhances the enjoyment of using Winamp. Enjoy and good luck going forward!

Old 18th August 2019, 07:05   #512
sheeeiit

Is there a way to get the version of the equalizer here? https://winaero.com/blog/quinto-blac...6-winamp-skin/

I prefer having the Balance on the equalizer's toolbar so I can turn it off and on easier. On 3.1 I have to go through the menus and find Frequency Response Graph which is annoying.
sheeeiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor