Old 5th December 2011, 21:54   #1
medxmedia

run application after AIR install

Hi,

I'm new to NSIS. I started investigating the system based on a post I found for creating an NSIS installer that would check for Adobe Air and install it if it wasn't installed or install a newer version if an older version was installed. This script then launched the an air application installer. I tried this and it worked.

But my client wants to run the AIR application directly from the CD once AIR is installed. I tried ammending the script to launch the exe but it appears that the command to run the exe launches before AIR installation is complete.

I'd be grateful for any help you may be able to give me.
medxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 10:41   #2
MSG
Major Dude

I assume you're using ExecWait to run the AIR installer. And I assume that after that you're using Exec, or something similar, to launch the installed software.

If that is the case, then you probably need to execwait the AIR installer including its child processes. You could try using this: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/ExecWait...th_Job_Objects
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 13:02   #3
medxmedia

Hi MSG,

Thanks for your reply-- I really appreciate your help. As far as I can tell it's working like a charm.
medxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
execwait, launch exe