Old 16th December 2014, 23:13   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Classic Pro 1 / 2 / XUI Features

On request by Aminifu and also for personal use and curiosity, there you go, some useless information :

Question marks reveals my amateurism and / or lack of time, any of the 3 options could be applicable there .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CPro1-2-XUI Features v3.jpg
Views:	1485
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	51600  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPro1-2-XUI Features v3.pdf (35.2 KB, 284 views)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 04:03   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Note 1:
- "Now playing" is a Widget, and widgets are optional to install, that's why both appear like that. Currently, uninstalling Now Playing widget is not working, but it is on the next version.
- "Maximize / switch on double click.." also appears like "optional" because there is an option to enable / disable.
Old 18th December 2014, 15:51   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

Thank you for the chart. I didn't know about the 'ALT + Open' and the 'ALT + Prev/Next' functions. I also see something you left out, an incomplete description, and different behavior in a few places (maybe because I'm using the current beta of the cPro 2 plug-in).

Near the top left corner of the title bar on the cPro1 and cPro2 skins, a left click activates the main menu and a right click activates the explorer folder for the current song in the main player panel. With the cProXUI ECNMY skin (so far, the only XUI I've used in detail), a left click activates the selected multi-button function and a right click activates the main menu. With cPro1 skins, a Ctrl + left click activates the option to disable/enable the menu bar in the title bar. Some skins have a visible indicator in this area. If tooltips are enabled, a "main menu" pop-up appears when you point at the right spot.

cPro2 and cProXUI skins have the Web Reader and the Winamp internal browsers. cPro1 skins have the BrowserPro and the Winamp internal browsers. Web Reader is more versatile, while BrowserPro only lets websites be selected from a fixed list (however, the file containing this listing can be edited to customize the list).

cPro2 and cProXUI skins allow restart of playback when right clicking on the combo Play/Pause button, not left clicking. A left click on a cPro1 skin's Play button causes restart of playback.

cPro1 and cPro2 skins allow window preset positions to be assigned to the F9, F10, F11 and F12 keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
- "Maximize / switch on double click.." also appears like "optional" because there is an option to enable / disable.
Where is the option to do this?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 16:15   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Near the top left corner of the title bar on the cPro1 and cPro2 skins, a left click activates the main menu and a right click activates the explorer folder of the current song. With the cProXUI ECNMY skin, a left click activates the multi-button and a right click activates the main menu.
I'll add it, the first one (menu button), the second is actually there, it's the "multibutton" (the Winamp bolt in the cPro1&2 skins).

Quote:
cPro2 and cProXUI skins have the Web Reader and the Winamp internal browsers. cPro1 skins have the BrowserPro...
True, forgot about it. But the differences you mention are not such, actually the Reader from cPro2 is a mix of the internal Winamp browser AND the Browser pro from cPro1, so this is just a different way to access the same content.

Quote:
cPro2 and cProXUI skins allow restart of playback when right clicking on the combo Play/Pause button, not left clicking. A left click on a cPro1 skin's Play button causes restart of playback.
Indeed, I'll fix it, I meant "right", not "left".

Quote:
cPro1 and cPro2 skins allow window preset positions to be assigned to the F9, F10, F11 and F12 keys.
Yep, that "No" on cPro1 shouldn't be there.

Quote:
Where is the option to do this?
Right click menu > Options > Window sizing > Maximize window on titlebar doubleclick..
Old 18th December 2014, 16:42   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
I'll add it, the first one (menu button), the second is actually there, it's the "multibutton" (the Winamp bolt in the cPro1&2 skins).
Opening the song's Explorer folder is one of the selectable mulit-button functions, but that is not quite the same thing, imo. Some skins allow you to access the folder from this area and use the multi-button for something else.

Quote:
True, forgot about it. But the differences you mention are not such, actually the Reader from cPro2 is a mix of the internal Winamp browser AND the Browser pro from cPro1, so this is just a different way to access the same content.
I disagree. The Web Reader can be setup to have a functioning address bar where any website address can be entered (like Winamp's internal browser). BrowserPro's address bar will only accept things from it's drop down list. This is a significant difference, imo.

All 3 browser implementations can be setup to open to a particular site (like a home page sort of thing) and then you can go to another site, if you want. But BrowserPro makes it difficult to go to a site that is not on it's default drop down list (you have to edit the list when Winamp is shutdown).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 18th December 2014, 17:55   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
The Web Reader can be setup to have a functioning address bar where any website address can be entered (like Winamp's internal browser). BrowserPro's address bar will only accept things from it's drop down list. This is a significant difference, imo.
I think we already had this conversation, there isn't 3 browsers actually, there's only 2; the Winamp's internal browser (a) and Browser Pro (b).
The so called "Web Reader" from cPro2 is nothing else than those 2 browsers merged in a single window (a + b, switchable by the button at the left of the adress bar). It may look like it's another thing, but it's the same 2 browsers with a different name (and working together in a single window). In cPro2 if you hit Alt+X to open the internal browser, you'll see it opens the Web reader.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:19   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes, the number of browser implementations has been discussed. I talking about the way BrowserPro lets websites be selected. Anyway, Pieter has said he will look into if it is possible to have cPro1 skins use Web Reader instead of BrowserPro.

Personally, I've edited BrowserPro's list of sites so I'm all good.

On another note, I would like to see all the features carried forward unless they are implemented in Winamp natively, of course. Or is the last chart column for indicating what you think should be native to Winamp (I'm thinking a little slow today)?

Old 18th December 2014, 18:37   #8
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
On another note, I would like to see all the features carried forward unless they are implemented in Winamp natively, of course. Or is the last chart column for indicating what you think should be native to Winamp (I'm thinking a little slow today)?
Nah, just my thought on what I would like to see implemented natively.. (I also thought about putting yes on everything hehe)
Old 19th December 2014, 15:22   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Updated main thread, added 4-5 items, corrected 2 or 3. There is one corrected item in particular that you'll love to see changed.. let's see if you can find it in the v1.4 of my UNITY skin: http://sta.sh/0267s7gsvkyw / http://sta.sh/01jto6kmqhw9
Old 19th December 2014, 17:23   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Updated main thread, added 4-5 items, corrected 2 or 3. There is one corrected item in particular that you'll love to see changed.. let's see if you can find it in the v1.4 of my UNITY skin...
Yeah, I saw it and tested straightaway. Thanks again for adding the size & position presets!

Quote:
Right click menu > Options > Window sizing > Maximize window on titlebar doubleclick..
The cPro1 and cPro2 skins have this option and 4 more, cProXUI ENCMY only has a "Snap Window to Sides ..." option.

Old 19th December 2014, 17:27   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
The cPro1 and cPro2 skins have this option and 4 more, cProXUI ENCMY only has a "Snap Window to Sides ..." option.
Indeed, that's why it's optional. The "double click to maximize" feature is in my UNITY2014 skin, I just didn't add the option to disable it (and there is no shade mode to switch to).

[EDIT]: I've edited the list again, saw another error (Alt+Open DO WORK ON CPRO1) and re-phrased the Custom skin thing (the "about skin" feature is something common / optional to all skins, but the option to add THE SKINNER info as one of the items of the slide animation is actually implemented in cPro2)
Old 19th December 2014, 17:44   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

Ok, I was just going by what you wrote. ENCMY does not have an option to disable it.

Edit:
An "Optional" feature appears to have 2 meanings.
1. It may or may not be present.
2. It's present, but may be disabled.

Old 19th January 2015, 22:32   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Edit:
An "Optional" feature appears to have 2 meanings.
1. It may or may not be present.
2. It's present, but may be disabled.
(sorry for the delay) Yes, it has those 2 meanings in fact, didn't wanted to make the chart more complicated.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
cpro1, cpro2, cproxui, features, winamp 6