Old 5th November 2014, 05:18   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

cProXUI Unity 2014 - Christmas Edition

What I've been doing last weeks..

Russian fan-video (!!):

Part of the Unity 2014 community project.

-- Download Winamp skin Final version here --
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cProXUI_Unity2014_WinampSkin_by_Victhor.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	562.9 KB
ID:	51466  
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 12:04   #2
DrO

well i would give feedback if i'd been able to try it out but it seems i've possibly broken my dev build of the modern skin engine a bit more than i'd expected (as it crashes on loading this skin though i do see a bit of the main window and what i could see i sort of liked).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 12:44   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Well you should've seen the first version.. I tried to do a SUI skin with 1 container and 2 layouts. Nothing strange, I've seen it in a lot of skins before.. but the SUI part makes everything weirder, so it did let me work fine for a couple of days until I had the horrible idea to open the AVS window.. to make the story short: THAT was the end of that skin, now in this I just use a hide/unhide groups script to provide the "modes".

So, there are a couple of scripts that could be trouble, but so far it is working fine on my ends, so it's most likely something in your install is not doing ok (which isn't really reassuring thinking in future compatibility.. :/ ).

Thanks for trying anyway!
Old 5th November 2014, 13:02   #4
DrO

my dev install when it comes to modern skin support is funky anyway due to trying to go over most of it and clean up things (which seems to have a habit of breaking things). may give it a go with 5.666 when i've got a chance as i like the style of the themeing, is just how practical the skin is to use which is the more important thing.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:29   #5
DrO

managed to get it loading now. was actually an issue i wanted to catch for some time but was intermittently happening as the skin engine wasn't able to get some of the metadata needed for the stream which was the last playlist item - so now its handling that situation and doesn't crash

i like the way the header can be changed, but it's not obvious - only found it by mistake. only other obvious thing is the menu colouring is too light, but as that comes from the skin itself, isn't much to do about that without darkening it overall.

and this has shown up a few more issues with my work to get the main playlist editor using a 'standard' style scrollbar instead of the different one it uses currently for everyone else.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:42   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Aaaahhh now that you mention it, I did use a little "hack" to syilize PL scrollbar more or less like the ML one, but it shouldn't interfere I believe.. just a line pointing to replace the grip with a whole button:

code:

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.grip" file="sui.png" x="159" y="39" h="18" w="8"/>

That's why it looks funny when you pressed it.. (otherwise, cPro is designed to use the generic wasabi buttons gfx)

About usability, there are a couple of things I wouldn't do like I did, but most are part of the project's "guidelines", minimalism was the main idea so it lead to only a couple of buttons actually visible.
Maybe in the future I'll do a more "Vic" skin ..
Old 5th November 2014, 14:03   #7
DrO

my scrollbar is what's used in the library window, so i'm not even seeing what you've provided (unless i re-build my Winamp copy with the old behaviour).
Old 5th November 2014, 18:30   #8
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Some hours ago I have copied & pasted both .wal-files into my Winamp's on my PC & notebook. I began with my notebook and I wanted to see both versions, of course. I have loaded them and they came immediately. They look very differently from the other cPro & cPro2 Skins the first time, but they look very good (I didn't resize them by dragging, I left them by default)...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 03:52   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Thanks Sabine, I'm glad you like it, long time no see!

I've updated the skin: http://sta.sh/012d7l8a4o78

- Added new start up animation.
- Fixed several color themes on ECNMY.
- Fixed Volume bar not showing in modes 2 & 3
- Fixed "Seeking" news text not showing in modes 2 & 3
- Minor optimizations (cleaned some lines of the code, removed duplicated script's calls, etc.)
Old 6th November 2014, 15:19   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

More great work!

The CoolVU widget reworked by ravermeister works well as a replacement for the removed spectrum analyzer and beat vis.

Still working thru the color themes (tons as usual). ECNMY gets a slight edge, imo. I may now have a new favorite.

Edit:
I'm having trouble assigning different skin sizes and screen locations to function keys.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 16:26   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I'm having trouble assigning different skin sizes and screen locations to function keys.
That function isn't available here, remember this is a XUI skin, it means that it uses the SUI part of cPro but not necessarily all of its other features (i.e.: Aerosnap is implemented separatedly from the cPro engine). You'll see the same happening to Winamp for MAC sync or the DivX skin in beta out there..
Old 6th November 2014, 17:26   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
That function isn't available here, remember this is a XUI skin, ...
Ok. Unity ECNMY is my 2nd favorite.

Before I ask any more dumb questions, is there a chart somewhere that lists the cPro XUI and SUI features side by side?

I really like the 'Winamp 5.5 color theme'. How about a couple more like it with red and blue highlights instead of the orange in 'Winamp 5.5'.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 6th November 2014, 19:01   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yeh.. I like ECNMY more than the original too. Don't forget to check other skins and themes the other artists were doing (here you'll find most of the final skins). There is another Winamp skin (a windowed Modern skin) and several Visual styles matching for Windows 7, 8.1 and even 10TP.

I'll have to check closer for that list, but it's a good idea. Right now I can tell you that every SUI related feature (like Playlist search, web reader, tabs and widgets) will be on any XUI skin, plus Notifications. Everything else that rely on the skin's size / shape, would be optional (like aerosnap, shadow, custom sizing & positioning hotkeys, beat vis, multibutton, etc).

And I'll try that color theme, would look nice and agressive. It'll probably be on the final release on my DeviantArt account .
Old 6th November 2014, 19:47   #14
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

The red and blue highlights are a good suggestion, Aminifu. Then I can also suggest red and mint with black and white...

Old 6th November 2014, 22:11   #15
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Red and mint with black and white.. You mean something like this?

Old 7th November 2014, 15:14   #16
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... Everything else that rely on the skin's size / shape, would be optional (like aerosnap, shadow, custom sizing & positioning hotkeys, beat vis, multibutton, etc).

And I'll try that color theme, would look nice and agressive. It'll probably be on the final release on my DeviantArt account .
Losing the custom sizing & positioning hotkeys is too bad. That's a real handy feature. The multibutton is there however, I use it to cycle thru the color themes. It's hidden until you mouse over the top left corner of the skin. Hope you can find an XUI/SUI comparison list or get Pieter to make one.

Please post a note here, if and when you add more color themes. To be clear, I meant a red and a blue 'Winamp 5.5'-like themes, not red and blue mixed.

Old 9th November 2014, 17:54   #17
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Your screenshot looks very good, just compared it with the downloaded Mixlr-Screenshots in D > SabineKlare2 > Bilder2 > Mixlr Fotos > Tutorials > Windows.

I didn't use the installed Mixlr Software for a while, maybe I should use it again. Currently I am more a listener on Mixlr, but if I listen, then I let run also "linein://"...

Old 10th November 2014, 09:59   #18
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Launched!!

::
Added 7 color themes (3 on Forum's requests)
Fixed some CTs here and there not showing tooltips correctly.
Fixed Notifier
Smooth corners (fixed tricky shadow vs container missing pixels)
::

Later I'll upload a version with always-visible control buttons.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:01   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Thank you for the additional color themes. How about telling us what was added (other than the 3 requested ones), there's too many to remember what was there before.

The 'Winamp 5.5 (red)' looks more like a shade of orange on my system. Maybe I need to recalibrate my monitor. I've updated my graphics driver several times since the last time I did it.

I didn't notice that there was a problem with the notifier or the corners (I'll take your word for it).

Can you make showing or hiding the control buttons an option? Hiding them until moused over fits in with the minimalist approach of the ECNMY version, imo.

Old 10th November 2014, 16:21   #20
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

New themes are:
"Default Take 2, 3 & 3a" // "ECNMY 01, 02, 03 & 04" on ECNMY version
"Mixlr"
"Winamp 5.5 (blue)"
"Winamp 5.5 (red)"

About the auto-hidden buttons; can't do it configurable, I tried to do something better; making it visible whenever the mouse enter the top area (anywhere). But it was trickier than I though, so I'll leave it for another release..
Old 16th December 2014, 12:07   #21
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

New version 1.3 preview: http://sta.sh/0e3n5mvwfhi

- Added Live seeker with flashing light like in cPro2 skins (to clumsily disable it delete infoseek_light.png in the skin folder / file)
- Added visualizer (Bento like)
- Added a couple of color themes (not present on this compilation I think..)
- Changed "minimum width" so you can make it smaller, until displaying only time.
- Changed fonts
- Changed / improved volume pop-up
- Fixed double click not going fullscreen on substyles
- Fixed some bits here and there on most color themes
- Fixed "notification" area colors on style 2
- Minor fixes

ECNMY:
- Changed close button on standard windows

TO DO:
- Min and Max buttons will have a bigger hover area so it's easier to aim it.
- Bring all these changes to the "normal" version =)
Old 16th December 2014, 16:49   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Thanx for the update.

Still checking it out, but there are 2 things I've noticed.
1. The "Close draw" command on the Select Drawer menu doesn't work.
2. There is no way (that I can find) to select the modern text scrolling option (back and forth) for the main player's title box.

Old 16th December 2014, 16:57   #23
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
1. The "Close draw" command on the Select Drawer menu doesn't work.
Yeah, it's a known cPro (1&2) bug. Already on Pieter's list.

Quote:
2. There is no way (that I can find) to select the modern text scrolling option (back and forth) for the main player's title box.
There wasn't before, I doubt there will be now, I can't find a proper way to implement it without messing with a lot of unneeded code.. sorry.
Old 16th December 2014, 17:30   #24
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
There wasn't before, I doubt there will be now, I can't find a proper way to implement it without messing with a lot of unneeded code.. sorry.
I was so intend on looking at all the color themes, I totally missed it before. From using the control on the tab bar (hidden on this skin), I've missed the close drawer bug, too.

Another minor thing, the text of the selected tab goes dimmer than the text on the other tabs. Most other skins do the opposite (highlight the selected tab in various ways to make it stand out).

I still like this skin, I just need to get used to how it does things and the lack of some features that cPro SUI skins have (still would like to see a XUI vs SUI features list).

Old 16th December 2014, 18:20   #25
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

You're right about the tab font, I'll look into it when returning home.

I'll do that list later, now I've experimented a bit more with this skin I know better what are the limits.
Old 16th December 2014, 23:15   #26
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
(still would like to see a XUI vs SUI features list).
Your wishes in brakets are my command!
Old 19th December 2014, 15:27   #27
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

New version 1.4 preview: http://sta.sh/0267s7gsvkyw / ECNMY: http://sta.sh/01jto6kmqhw9

What's new from v1.3:

- Added Tabs icons "hover" and "inactive" states (strangely missing before..)
- Added Songticker options to right click (due to how the styles are implemented, you'll have to un-check the options you don't want (I know it's awkward but ey, it's better that nothing) (thanks Aminifu)
- Added feature: "Size and Positions Presets" (assign specific size and position to F9, F10, F11 and F12 keys -Shift + Key to set it-)
- Changed Songticker behaviour (it moves to the left / right according to the time width).
+ Minor fixes

ECNMY:
- Improved Minimize and Maximize buttons (easier to find / aim now)
- New about skin pic
Old 19th December 2014, 17:05   #28
Aminifu
Forum King

Thanx for the update (especially adding the size & position presets).

I just noticed that an ECNMY style change does not persist after a Winamp restart or switching skins back and forth.

Old 19th December 2014, 17:08   #29
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
I just noticed that an ECNMY style change does not persist after a Winamp restart or switching skins back and forth.
I know, see my reply to ShenleyD comment.
Old 19th December 2014, 17:59   #30
Aminifu
Forum King

Ha Ha, I need to start reading the comments on Deviant Art. I've only gone there to grab something that I'd heard about somewhere else.

Old 19th December 2014, 19:47   #31
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

In Unity ECNMY the F10 key can't be used to store a size & position preset. Shift + F10 activates the main menu and erases the presets stored to the other 3 function keys. The shadow outline around the skin stays in the previous position when the skin is moved to another preset (using F5 erases it). How do I disable the shadow until this is fixed (if it can be)?

You have been very accommodatingly in listening to my comments and suggestions. 1 more maybe pushing my luck, but a contrasting color for the peak levels indicator in the spectrum analyzer would help the peaks standout better.

Anyway Unity ECNMY is now my default skin, until something better comes along.

Old 19th December 2014, 20:47   #32
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
In Unity ECNMY the F10 key can't be used to store a size & position preset. Shift + F10 activates the main menu and erases the presets stored to the other 3 function keys.
Strange, mine is working just fine, it does pop out main menu when Shift+F10 (it always does on my skins), but it stores the preset ok and also the next ones. Try renaming the skin so it tries to use a new record in studio.xnf.

Quote:
The shadow outline around the skin stays in the previous position when the skin is moved to another preset (using F5 erases it). How do I disable the shadow until this is fixed (if it can be)?
Yep, it happens in some cPro2 skins. To get rid of the shadow just disable Desktop Alhpa Blending.

Quote:
You have been very accommodatingly in listening to my comments and suggestions. 1 more maybe pushing my luck, but a contrasting color for the peak levels indicator in the spectrum analyzer would help the peaks standout better.
I half followed your suggestions, half just find it while researching for the list (the preset thing is just one line of code!) and another half I tried to solve because it was something I already noticed missing. So, don't get cocky .

Quote:
Anyway Unity ECNMY is now my default skin, until something better comes along.
Yeah!!
Old 20th December 2014, 15:15   #33
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

All downloaded versions from this thread look very fine. I have maximized them all, and currently I have one of them in use.

Keep up Your good work!!!...

Old 20th December 2014, 15:31   #34
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Strange, mine is working just fine, it does pop out main menu when Shift+F10 (it always does on my skins), but it stores the preset ok and also the next ones. Try renaming the skin so it tries to use a new record in studio.xnf.
Duh, I didn't have to rename the skin, the presets work fine. Stupid me, I was removing the focus on the skin when clearing the main menu pop-up, so of course the function keys seemed to not work.

Quote:
Yep, it happens in some cPro2 skins. To get rid of the shadow just disable Desktop Alhpa Blending.
Maybe Pieter can fix this. I assume he's just busy and hasn't abandoned us. The shadow was very subtle and I don't notice any other missing effects after disabling DAB.

Quote:
I half followed your suggestions, half just find it while researching for the list (the preset thing is just one line of code!) and another half I tried to solve because it was something I already noticed missing. So, don't get cocky .
Cocky! And I was trying to sound humble.

Whomever ideas they were, I'm just glad the changes (improvements, imho) were made.

Now figure out how to highlight the peak levels indicator in the spectrum analyzer for the next update, please.

Old 23rd December 2014, 05:08   #35
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Updated!!

Updated! >>>> cProXUI Unity 2014 - CHRISTMAS EDITION!!

Full list of changes v1.4:

+ Added option to show minimize & maximize buttons (CTRL + Click on the styler changer button).
+ Added Live Seeker with flashing light like in cPro2 skins (to clumsily disable it delete infoseek_light.png in the skin folder / file).
+ Added Visualizer (Bento like, with reflection and all, even right click option to deactivate it 8D ).
+ Added a couple of color themes (Christmas time!!).
+ Added Tabs icons "hover" and "inactive" states (strangely missing before..)
+ Added Songticker options to right click (a bit buggy: due to how the styles are implemented, you'll have to un-check the options you don't want. I know it's awkward but ey, it's better that nothing) (thanks Aminifu).
+ Added feature: "Size and Positions Presets" (assign specific size and position to F9 to F12 keys -SHIFT + Key to set it-).
+ Changed "minimum width" so you can make it smaller, until displaying only time.
+ Changed Songticker behaviour (it moves to the left / right according to the time width).
+ Changed to better fonts.
+ Changed Volume pop-up so it doesn't cover the... cover .
+ Fixed double click not going fullscreen on substyles (thanks ShenleyD).
+ Fixed "notification" area colors on Style 2.
+ Improved some bits here and there on most color themes.
+ Minor fixes

ECNMY specific:
+ Changed close button on standard windows
+ Improved Minimize and Maximize buttons (easier to find / aim now)
+ New about skin pic

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview_cProXUI2014 C.Ed 730.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	51606  
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:57   #36
Aminifu
Forum King

I already mentioned that I like that the secondary controls in the header panel (multi-button, style changer, minimize & maximize) for Unity ECNMY are hidden until moused over. It makes for a cleaner appearance, imo.

If it is simple to do, could you do the same thing for the controls on the bottom right side (options & drawer selector) in the File Info drawer.

In fact, I think it would be cool to hide all such controls (until moused over) wherever they appear.

I also think it would be nice if the skin's name effect that appears on the left side of the header panel (when the skin is loaded) is displayed more often, like when a different view tab is selected or at random intervals while the skin is loaded.

Old 26th December 2014, 23:03   #37
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
If it is simple to do, could you do the same thing for the controls on the bottom right side (options & drawer selector) in the File Info drawer.
I went as far as I could without compromising usability by hiding the min/max buttons + some others not so commonly used (drawer buttons + some in video windows). It would best to adjust your skin to your need, I can tell you how. But in this respect, hiding those buttons would only leave the blank backgrounds (can't be removed without changing a big part of the cPro engine..) so I'm not sure if you'll like that..

Quote:
In fact, I think it would be cool to hide all such controls (until moused over) wherever they appear.
This is a good idea, I'll propose it to Pieter. It should be optional, and the best way to implement it is in the same way it already works on the Album art drawer; buttons appear wherever you enter to the Album art area, not only when hovering the button itself.

Quote:
I also think it would be nice if the skin's name effect that appears on the left side of the header panel (when the skin is loaded) is displayed more often, like when a different view tab is selected or at random intervals while the skin is loaded.
Mmm... this is harder, and not really the purpose of an intro animation. What you want I think is more like some sort of animation triggered on song change, that is more doable..
Old 27th December 2014, 14:08   #38
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... It would best to adjust your skin to your need, I can tell you how. ...
If it involves recompiling, then I'll pass for now (still haven't learned how to do that).

Quote:
Mmm... this is harder, and not really the purpose of an intro animation. What you want I think is more like some sort of animation triggered on song change, that is more doable..
Then let it stay as it is. The 'intro animation' or anything else on every song change would be too often, imo (and would compete for attention with the notification pop-up, if used). An animation on every song change might also cause issues with history/recently played tracking, crossfading, etc.

Old 11th January 2015, 14:59   #39
Aminifu
Forum King

I just noticed that the png image on the left-hand side of the header panel is not displaying properly while playing SHOUTcast radio stations. Kinda a shame, since it's such a good design, imo.

Old 11th January 2015, 15:30   #40
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of the graphic you see wrong?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
2014, community, cproxui, unity