Old 11th January 2015, 16:12   #41
Aminifu
Forum King

Sorry, false alarm. The graphic is there. The color scheme I'm using makes it hard to see. Turning off the spectrum visualization while making the attached screenshot, allowed me to barely see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unity_header.png
Views:	140
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	51619

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 18:30   #42
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
from +4096 to -4096 in an RGB style.
grey="1" makes the images in that group grayscale before applying the colour change.
Boost blends with 50% white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteaicedtea View Post
Well it's not a dark art, IMO, it's just weird math.

For RGB values of 0 to 127:
take 128, subtract the RGB value, then multiply by 32, and make it a negative number.

Eg. RGB value 3:
128-3=125
125*32=4000
make it negative, it's below 128: -4000
so 3 would be -4000.

A value of 128 would be zero.

For values above 128, subtract 128 and multiply by 32.
eg. 150
150-128=122
122*32=3904
It's above 128 so it stays positive.

If you aren't sure if your number is right, remember that the closer the RGB value to 0, the closer it will be to -4096, and the closer to 255, the closer it will be to 4096. Again, if it's 128, it will be 0.
I'm been experimenting with modifying colors for the spectrum analyzer (in the top left corner). I mentioned before that I like the way the "Fire" color option for this UI element works in the official classic skin.

If the above quotes are correct, what does "7444" mean in "<gammagroup id="n.beatvis" value="7444,1201,-3722" gray="2" boost="0" />" (which is in the default color theme for the Unity skin)?

I've been trying to get the color for the peak indicators to be different than the color of the spectrum (to make the peaks stand out more). I don't think it is possible, I can only get a lighter shade of the same color for the peaks. It appears that the best that can be done in cPro skins (to make the peaks stand out more) is to slow down the peak indicators' fall off rate.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 26th April 2015, 23:36   #43
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Well, the truth is I never understood the mechanics behind Winamp's gammagroups colorization, so I have no idea about those numbers hehe. We as "designers" only need to know all the possibilities of the TOOLS and how much can we blend it before it reaches the "not necessary - not worthy - rarely used" line =D.

Don't worry too much about the values in ECNMY (that's actually where you took that number from) because I handled some aspects in a very un-professional way. I.e. for the visualization -among other parts- instead of modifying the original values (too time consuming) I tweaked it with the Color editor and renamed the theme as "default".
If done properly, the "default theme" should have most values in 0. This way I got in time for the release =D.

The thing is, you can't have the "peaks" much more different when doing color themes, nor you can have a separate gammagroup to colorize it separatedly (not that I know).

But there are some things you can do to achieve -more or less- what you want:
01. Tweak the original values (found in "Skin folder/xml/player-normal.xml"). The #80 line has the key (colorbandpeak="162,193,204"). Those are plain RGB values, the more different you get it from the colorbands the more contrast you'll get (i.e. "255,255,255" will get you a plain white).
02. At the bottom of that group, you'll see alpha="170". Make it "255" to have absolutely no transparency (ergo, obtaining a more solid color).
03. In some color themes I used "boost=1", which makes the gammagroup absolutely saturated, forcing all the colors / shades of the gfx to match one specific color (and losing almost all contrast along the way).
So, in the color theme you want to tweak, duplicate it and check if "Saturate channels" is enabled. Disable it if it is and try to achieve the color you want like that (or just check "Avg grayscale" to get a more accurate coloring).

Good luck!
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 05:21   #44
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Well, the truth is I never understood the mechanics behind Winamp's gammagroups colorization, so I have no idea about those numbers hehe. We as "designers" only need to know all the possibilities of the TOOLS and how much can we blend it before it reaches the "not necessary - not worthy - rarely used" line =D.
Oh well, it's back to 'trial & error' then. As an ex-engineer, I like to know the theory of things to help guide my messing around. I'll find something I'll be happy with eventually. It's kinda silly for me to be so fixated on such a small part of the UI.

Thank you for the tips.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
2014, community, cproxui, unity