Tips for a successful online internet radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram130
    • Sep 2009

Tips for a successful online internet radio?

I've seen a few successful station owners post on here. I'm wondering, what's your tips for getting heavy listener-ship to your stations? Other than you know, listing your stations on many directories (if you found a good few, which are the best?) .. I hope someone can share some secrets to your success, and in turn help many of us still trying to break through.
    Ramon
  • NJK
    FRISIAN
    • Sep 2003

Nothing special about that
    --> decent website
    --> facebook site about the station
    --> twitter account

once you have all this, invite your friends to like the facebook , twitter etc
    and it will take off from there
    latest version of Winamp
    DSP Plug V2.41
    Language Packs

Comment

• ram130
      • Sep 2009

Originally Posted by NJK View Post
      Nothing special about that
      --> decent website
      --> facebook site about the station
      --> twitter account

once you have all this, invite your friends to like the facebook , twitter etc
      and it will take off from there
      Thanks, interesting, this is what is usually done on the startup front. But what ensures future growth in gaining new listeners? Especially getting upwards of 100+ simultaneous.
      Ramon

Comment

• NJK
        FRISIAN
        • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
        Thanks, interesting, this is what is usually done on the startup front. But what ensures future growth in gaining new listeners? Especially getting upwards of 100+ simultaneous.
        and what makes you think that all broadcasters want that?

some of us are happy with just a steady few listeners...

but given the fact that i only have a stream running with non stop music and with max 25 slots , it's maxed out in the weekend and i made a facebook page, nothing special and it's over 800 people following that page, so that should get you over a few listeners.

Oh and major point, don't be just another pop station , there's plenty of them ,be different.
        latest version of Winamp
        DSP Plug V2.41
        Language Packs

Comment

• flax
          • Jun 2018

It is essential that you register in the radio directories. If you have the option to integrate "jingles" that have good quality and that the programming is also of quality. Whatever you do, you have to be the best at doing it. The "online" listener has it very easy to change the radio station. An audio streaming that does not fail and everything commented on in this post and ... success!
          https://www.oracionescristianas.eu

Comment

• MadJack
            • Oct 2013

I concur with NJK. Be original. You have an opportunity to program your station however you want it. Consider your audience too. Who you want to tune in and what would keep them there. This with time, experimentation, it's really an ongoing process.

I also recommend consistency. I would personally recommend a programmed station to a playlist on random or loop. Consider the time of day or the day of the week and what you want to play. Whatever you want to do, your format, I strongly suggest your station be reliable and consistent.

Don't trade budget for sound quality, either. I worked with a guy who worked hard to build a local unique station that I thought would work. Got investors and everything. But when I tuned in, he was on such a low bit rate, I thought I was listening to a Casio SK-1 from the 80s. Made it hard to listen. Low quality for music only creates listener fatigue.

Cheers!
            Event Horizon Radio - It's radio for your head.

Comment

Working...
            X