Old 16th October 2018, 10:42   #1
SteveBannister

Shoutcast to Radionomy Problems

So I've just been told to migrate my station from Shoutcast to Radionomy before being forced to do it. I have received a new URL, Port and Mount Point to add to my software, but it will not connect to Shoutcast/Radionomy any more.

Really annoyed that, a) Being forced to do something I didn't want to do, b) being told I now have to pay for the privilege, and c) the thing isn't working anymore anyway.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks,

Steve
SteveBannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 16:17   #2
outpostradio

Were you using Shoutcast Streaming Service (SCSS)? They announced big changes in email on 9/26 and put them into effect immediately. They say they sent a previous email, but nobody here on the forums received it. Anyhow, yes, continued use of SCSS will cost money. I never heard anything about switching to Radionomy.
outpostradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 18:30   #3
WowMachine

Nothing since May

I've gotten anything from shoutcast since May about the change in privacy policy.

Wow Machine Radio
Inspired by The Clifford Ball’s Ball Radio, Big Cypress’ Thin Air radio, and Magnaball’s The Bunny, WMR streams Phish-inspired Randomness, WMR is our huge collection of eclectic music, spoken word, and TV/movie quotes playing from a randomized playlist, played on ‘shuffle’ by Winamp v5.666.
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 11:44   #4
silversilver

No email went out, even DJ Egg was surprised about it all. It came out of no where.
silversilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 18:36   #5
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
They are so all over the place. Lack of support. No one double checks anything or follows up. Dumb statistics. Always claiming “we are busy.” Like it’s hard to believe this is a business we are gonna pay monthly to.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 09:42   #6
silversilver

Exactly, there is a REVENUE button that doesn't show money, stats randomly work, does shoutcast thing anyone is going to stick around, perhaps that is the plan all along.
Old 27th October 2018, 15:03   #7
flax

There is all the new development, in the testing phase and the DNAS are Betas. Hopefully, soon, everything is "functional", but like everything new, it will take a while to go "fine".
flax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 16:40   #8
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by flax View Post
There is all the new development, in the testing phase and the DNAS are Betas. Hopefully, soon, everything is "functional", but like everything new, it will take a while to go "fine".
Doesn’t matter. The team is lazy. Point blank. Let’s all keep thinking “it’s new.” For another five years. It’s a business. We are paying now. Money is involved. There is no excuse for piss poor support and software. No “we’ll reply in two months with a copy and paste answer.” And not confirm if we, their customers are good.

I LOVE the idea of what they are doing, the direction they are taking and the expansion. It’s just they don’t pay attention to feedback, answer questions, fix the important stuff first. We must just “take it.” Deal with it. See you in five years when they’ve added 3 features and fixed 2 bugs.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 06:54   #9
silversilver

Take a look at this image, on the left you see revenue.... It is a lie, it does not show in your manager, even if you are pushing big impressions. Shoutcast do NOT respond to emails about it... it's pissing me off!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM DJ EGG?!

Source:
https://help.shoutcast.com/hc/articl...spubreport.png
Old 28th October 2018, 08:46   #10
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
. Shoutcast do NOT respond to emails about it... it's pissing me off!
then there is still no need to use bold text as it's shouting in forum language.
your post has been modified, next time your post will be deleted if you can't stick to the forum rules.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization