Old 1st August 2005, 15:39   #1
webshit

Fuking shop

I use winamp sinds version 5 beta. and love it. Thats one of the reason why I wanted to buy the pro version, that and be able to rip in MP3. But when I went in the shop I got a FUCKING error. off course I send tot the shop support an e-mail:
Quote:
Hi, I live in Belgium and when I try to buy your product I get the error: We're Sorry. The products you have selected are not available in your area. Please contact a local distributor to obtain your product. (Error Number: 30053013 - 0) However I can see you refer tot Belgium in your question about tax Can I order winamp or can't I order it?
But received a answer that doesn't make Anny sens:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting the On line Store Customer Care Center. This is an automated response created to respond immediately to your message. The error message you've received indicates that your order was not completed and no charges have been applied to your credit card. The following instructions should allow you to successfully complete your order: - Return to the store front and select the item(s) you wish to purchase. Click the "Place Secure Order" button within the shopping cart after selecting any applicable shipping charges or additions to your order. - Enter your billing information exactly (or as close to) as it appears on your credit card billing statement. If your middle initial appears on your credit card, please enter it after your first name in the "first name" field (without any punctuation). Your credit card number should be entered without spaces or dashes. - If you receive another error message, please reply with the error number as well as your order number (available in the shopping cart before you selected "Place Secure Order"). Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Care Center. If you have any further questions or concerns, please "reply" to this e-mail. Sincerely, Customer Care Center Case ID 10083640
It didn't even came close to a solution and send one back. Again a reply:
Quote:
That the problem.I can't get into the shop. I get the error: We're Sorry. The products you have selected are not available in your area. Please contact a local distributor to obtain your product. (Error Number: 30053013 - 0) I just want to buy winamp pro. Is It really that hart just to answer correctly on my question?
And an answer:
Quote:
Dear Customer, Please reply with additional information so that we may assist you. If you are receiving an error message, please include the error number and/or message. Also include the order number if available (found above the shopping basket before you click the "Proceed to Checkout" button). If you do not have this information, please try to place a new order. We apologize, however, the online store is unable to complete an order for your location in Belgium. Thank you for contacting the online store's Customer Support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please "reply" to this e-mail. Sincerely, Peter K. Customer Care Center Case ID 10083640
No shit sherlock... On this point I was getting a little pissed. so I answered Again For the 3th time with still the same error message and a few words:

Quote:
Okeey. It's foking simple. Can I order a copy of winamp in Belgium? If no, I just crack the shit. I want to give you money for your program. I want to do spend my time on it (because I have to pay with money transfer) The only thing I demand as a costumer is that I get some FOKING service. You know the error. FIX IT.
Only this time No answer. Instead I got 2 warning mails and one error mail after 3 days with the massage:

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: orders@store.winamp.com
Whoopie-fucking-do. Well until this day. I still didn't crack te program. Even I have the crack and i can do it any moment. It just took me 30 seconds to find one. placing this order is taking ma already 2 weeks and I'm still not been able to do it. I'm not planning to send another fucking mail tot that support address, I'm also not planning to crack the program if I can order it. But I hope you people will read this shit for once and don't be retarded to understand the the error is standing here 3 time and infect is:

Quote:
Error Number: 30053013 - 0
I'm not going to wait forever. I give you people 3 days to mail me with an solution. Elle's you don't have to bother and I Will post this message on a blog site with 60.000 visitors a day with the title "winamp customer service sucks big time". And will try it to post is also on a famous blog site called tweakers.net. And don't see this as a thread but as the truth.

(sorry for my bad english)
webshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 16:04   #2
siebe83
Forum King

Simply said, the third-party company they chose to do the selling sucks (Digital River). Sorry, but there's nothing we can do about that, here on the forums.

So, if you're gonna post it on that blog site, be sure to say "The company that does the selling of Winamp sucks big time"

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 21:59   #3
webshit

Wel whi don't you send a mail to them to fix the fucking problem.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:05   #4
DrO

supposedly it was being looked into when i mentioned it to one of the devs but that was a few months ago and i've never heard back.

the choice of digital river is a bad one if it negates a large proportion of the user base who could and do want to purchase the pro version (though essentially pro is just covering licensing costs, etc).

as such there's not much that can be done until the nullsoft/aol management push things further and attempt to get things dealt with. also the forums are essentially looked after by volunteers so [we] don't have any ability to affect such things either.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 22:12   #5
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Have someone in the US purchase it for you and send you the key. If not in the States, try another country in Europe. jmat
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 22:41   #6
webshit

I respect allot of people of this community. they helped me in the passed really fast and correct. even in 2 hourse on a Sunday. But I'm not going to do much more trouble and mail a thousand e-mails to give the makers of winamp money. I find 2 weeks to buy a program is a Little to long. When i bought opera online it just took 5 days to get my key and just needed to fill in one form. I'm not really for piracy and try to use as much as possible a free alternative (I'm not going to say I'm a saint ;-) ) However if the people of winamp or the people of Digital River aren't able to give support for people who needs its or not even bean able to put a way to buy the item, I wonder if this program is Worth paying for. However if I crack the program and they find out I'm risking to pay huge amount of money for a program I can't buy. Fun don't you think.
Old 1st August 2005, 23:02   #7
DrO

i can understand where you're coming from and i'm fed up with the issue myself since it makes having a pro version pointless if the full user base can't get it if they wanted to whilst the normal/free version isn't affected. it makes me sad this is the case since as you've said the crack is easily available so it comes down to user decency and if those who want to can't purchase it then it defeats the whole point of a legitimate purchase.

i don't know what can be done other than getting digital river to sort themselves out or for the purchase system to be changed/moved to someone else. but as i said i never heard anything back when i asked so i'm as much in the dark as well

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support