Old 10th September 2011, 15:00   #1
sebekos

Crossfader on shoutcast

i crossfade tracks on winamp but in shoutcast there is a pause bwtween the tracks
what can i do????????
sebekos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 14:14   #2
DrO

i'm assuming you're referring to the output heard on your speakers being cross-faded?

if so then there's not too much you can currently do since the Source DSP takes the song data before it gets to the output stage which is where the cross-fading is generally done in Winamp.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 16:56   #3
sebekos

and how can i do this,crossfading without pause on shoutcast??i have tried many plygins but not result
Old 28th September 2011, 17:03   #4
DrO

unless it's done before the data goes to the Source DSP, there's not much you can do unless you re-route the Winamp output and then use the soundcard capture options in the Source DSP in a different Winamp instance to grab that (or by messing around with virtual audio cables or OS 'listen to what you hear' options depending on the OS used). either way it just gets all a bit messy.

the other option would be to use the Transcoder (or an equivalent) which can do cross-fading.

it's just probably an unfortunate design that Winamp's cross-fading is done by it's default output plug-in rather than at an earlier / configurable stage.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 17:22   #5
sebekos

Thanks my friend
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support