Old 18th May 2019, 16:11   #1
Heretic

Site certificate error

Hello,

I came to check the latest news, and when I saw that there was a new version I could download, I proceeded to do so. However, download.nullsoft.com came up with a certificate issue. It appears your LetsEncrypt cert has expired as of May 15th. I also checked the main site with https and the same issue came up.

While this isn't alarming to me (I'm a netwokring / systems admin), to an "untrained eye" it may be alarming and cause users to not want to trust the site. Just thought you would like to be aware of this. I would also like to mention that LetsEncrypt can usually be configured to automatically renew themselves for convenience (Due to the short lifespan of the certificates). I would have e-mailed but there was no contact info, so I though this forum would be the easiest way to make your admins aware.

Thank you for your time,

Jason
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:29   #2
greyaria

Hello, noob here. I made an account specifically to reply to this thread in hopes that it's addressed.

I was looking to download Winamp and I came across the same thing OP mentioned.

And since I don't have the same expertise that OP has, I will say that yes, that certificate error is going to definitely have a negative impact on people trusting your software and website.

Thanks to OP for posting about this.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
greyaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019, 10:16   #3
old and quite mad
Major Dude

Confirmed.

The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019, 15:25   #4
gerryharris

I live in Spain and quite often get the above message when visiting variuos official/ government websites here.
It's just that they can't be bothered to renew their certificates.
Doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be trusted.
Cheers
Gerry
gerryharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design