Old 24th December 2011, 07:25   #1
ihavnoclue

Winamp Playlist View Info/Sorting

I switched from Songbird to Winamp a few weeks ago and like it for the most part, but there is one problem that constantly irritates me.
Why when viewing a playlist can I not view more columns of information and use these to sort the playlist? Every other media player I've used has let you do this. Am I doing something wrong/is there a fix?

Thanks,
ihavnoclue
ihavnoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 17:17   #2
DrO

because that's not how Winamp's playlist editor works.

the main playlist editor only shows what it can obtain via the ATF string (preferences -> titles) as the playlist editor has always been effectively just a temporary list showing title information about the listings which can be played during that session.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 20:05   #3
NiMareQ

Hi, I hope you haven't given up on winamp. There is a way and I think it will exceed your expectations. Just look at the pictures below.

Local Media view

Top Rated

Most Played

Of course I highly customized each Smart View and added few new.

Showing ratings in Winamp Playlist Editor (title of track - this also affects "Sort by title" in playlist editor)

*this is just a quick example, you can do there whatever you want, just see ATF help.

And these are features I started using recently and I love them.
RSS feed

Downloads

Qwerty

PS:I recommend setting Global Hotkey for Winamp Media Library as you will be using it often.
Normally you would open WML by pressing ALT+L, while winamp is focused, so I set the global shortcut to CTRL+ALT+L. I also use global shortcuts for ratings, etc.
NiMareQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
info, playlist, sort, view, winamp