Old 14th December 2006, 20:24   #1
besonen

ml_pmp.dll - enabling/disabling

i noticed that after i installed the ml_ipod plug-in (during the installation i agreed to the removal of ml_pmp.dll), when i looked in the 'Media Library plug-ins' section of the winamp preferences i still saw the ml_pmp.dll plug-in.

ml_pmp.dll is also still "physically" located in the actual plug-in directory.

so it would appear that ml_ipod simply disables ml_pmp.dll. is this the case? if so, how would one go about re-enabling the ml_pmp.dll plug-in? and on a realted note, what exactly does ml_ipod do to disable ml_pmp.dll (change some registry settings)?

thanks,
david
besonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 13:34   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

It is not ml_pmp that is disabled. ml_pmp is only a framework for all portable devices in Winamp. We only remove the pmp_ipod.dll, which handles iPods. So you can still have other pmp_* plugins working, e.g. pmp_usb.dll.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 15:44   #3
besonen

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
It is not ml_pmp that is disabled. ml_pmp is only a framework for all portable devices in Winamp. We only remove the pmp_ipod.dll, which handles iPods. So you can still have other pmp_* plugins working, e.g. pmp_usb.dll.
thanks for the clarification of the distinction between ml_pmp.dll and pmp_????.dll files. now i understand why ml_ipod didn't work when i tried to install it after i uninstalled ml_pmp.dll :-)
Old 16th December 2006, 08:42   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by besonen
now i understand why ml_ipod didn't work when i tried to install it after i uninstalled ml_pmp.dll :-)
Hm, if that happend, I don't understand it.
ml_ipod is completely independent of the ml_pmp framework. ml_ipod is much older, ml_pmp only started with Winamp 5.2 I think.

ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Old 16th December 2006, 21:00   #5
besonen

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Hm, if that happend, I don't understand it.
ml_ipod is completely independent of the ml_pmp framework. ml_ipod is much older, ml_pmp only started with Winamp 5.2 I think.
well, i don't understand either then. i assumed ml_ipod used the ml_pmp framework.

if i have a chance i'll see if i can replicate the failure and report back here.
Old 17th December 2006, 19:55   #6
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, if it works now, let's be happy with it.

Old 17th December 2006, 21:09   #7
DrO

really you should only need to remove/disable pmp_ipod.dll seeing as that's the part responsible for interfacing with ipods whereas by disabling/removing ml_pmp you're essentially disabling the support for the other pmp_* plugins which i know people do use combinations of (like pmp_ipod and pmp_usb).

it sounds like winamp hadn't properly closed or something to that extent which is why the ml_pmp dll was still present

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 08:04   #8
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
really you should only need to remove/disable pmp_ipod.dll seeing as that's the part responsible for interfacing with ipods whereas by disabling/removing ml_pmp you're essentially disabling the support for the other pmp_* plugins which i know people do use combinations of (like pmp_ipod and pmp_usb).
Yeah, that's exactly what the ml_ipod installer does: removing the pmp_ipod.dll if it is present.

Old 18th December 2006, 12:58   #9
DrO

rightio, just from all of the talk about ml_pmp being removed some clarification was needed. well as you're just removing pmp_ipod then i'll keep quiet now

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion