Old 14th December 2006, 20:24   #1
besonen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 37
ml_pmp.dll - enabling/disabling

i noticed that after i installed the ml_ipod plug-in (during the installation i agreed to the removal of ml_pmp.dll), when i looked in the 'Media Library plug-ins' section of the winamp preferences i still saw the ml_pmp.dll plug-in.

ml_pmp.dll is also still "physically" located in the actual plug-in directory.

so it would appear that ml_ipod simply disables ml_pmp.dll. is this the case? if so, how would one go about re-enabling the ml_pmp.dll plug-in? and on a realted note, what exactly does ml_ipod do to disable ml_pmp.dll (change some registry settings)?


thanks,
david
besonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 13:34   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)
 
abu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,457
It is not ml_pmp that is disabled. ml_pmp is only a framework for all portable devices in Winamp. We only remove the pmp_ipod.dll, which handles iPods. So you can still have other pmp_* plugins working, e.g. pmp_usb.dll.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 15:44   #3
besonen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by abu
It is not ml_pmp that is disabled. ml_pmp is only a framework for all portable devices in Winamp. We only remove the pmp_ipod.dll, which handles iPods. So you can still have other pmp_* plugins working, e.g. pmp_usb.dll.
thanks for the clarification of the distinction between ml_pmp.dll and pmp_????.dll files. now i understand why ml_ipod didn't work when i tried to install it after i uninstalled ml_pmp.dll :-)
besonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 08:42   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)
 
abu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,457
Quote:
Originally posted by besonen
now i understand why ml_ipod didn't work when i tried to install it after i uninstalled ml_pmp.dll :-)
Hm, if that happend, I don't understand it.
ml_ipod is completely independent of the ml_pmp framework. ml_ipod is much older, ml_pmp only started with Winamp 5.2 I think.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 21:00   #5
besonen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Hm, if that happend, I don't understand it.
ml_ipod is completely independent of the ml_pmp framework. ml_ipod is much older, ml_pmp only started with Winamp 5.2 I think.
well, i don't understand either then. i assumed ml_ipod used the ml_pmp framework.

if i have a chance i'll see if i can replicate the failure and report back here.
besonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 19:55   #6
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)
 
abu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,457
Well, if it works now, let's be happy with it.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 21:09   #7
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
really you should only need to remove/disable pmp_ipod.dll seeing as that's the part responsible for interfacing with ipods whereas by disabling/removing ml_pmp you're essentially disabling the support for the other pmp_* plugins which i know people do use combinations of (like pmp_ipod and pmp_usb).

it sounds like winamp hadn't properly closed or something to that extent which is why the ml_pmp dll was still present

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 08:04   #8
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)
 
abu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,457
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
really you should only need to remove/disable pmp_ipod.dll seeing as that's the part responsible for interfacing with ipods whereas by disabling/removing ml_pmp you're essentially disabling the support for the other pmp_* plugins which i know people do use combinations of (like pmp_ipod and pmp_usb).
Yeah, that's exactly what the ml_ipod installer does: removing the pmp_ipod.dll if it is present.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 12:58   #9
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
rightio, just from all of the talk about ml_pmp being removed some clarification was needed. well as you're just removing pmp_ipod then i'll keep quiet now

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump