Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 11th October 2007, 01:22   #1
clementj

stop() ontitlechange generates promiscuous ontitlechange

If a skin intercepts ontitlechange() and then does stop(), the title change indicator had not been set so subsequent play() generates another ontitlechange(). So that the skin then generates stop()... ad finitem.

I had found a workaround that the play button only did this, but the play() in the skin did not. So you obligingly killed the workaround.

PLEASE GET THIS RIGHT.
clementj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 03:28   #2
clementj

OK, I have fixed my skin with a kludge to almost bypass the bug. The actual bug is that ontitlechange is invoked whenever you push play, and it is in stop mode, and it may actually happen multiple times. This is incorrect because you have not necessarily changed titles. The kludge, of course, is to check the title, and see if it matches the previous title. This introduces a smaller problem that a second copy of the same track in the playlist will not be recognized as being a new track.

However, the bug that the track info was not available when title changed, is now fixed, but at a cost.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:33   #3
clementj

I misspoke about the stop bug. When a track is slected in stop mode, for example by using the arrow buttons, the information about the track is not available in MAKI.

With a bit more reflection and poking, it seems that ontitlechange() is now really on beginplayingtrack() or ontitlechange(). But there is no reliable way to distinguish between these. There is also the problem of keeping my skin somewhat backward compatible.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports