Schon4o

Broadcasting Shoutcast+Traktor+Fast Track Pro

Those two links for setting up Traktor+Winamp are:
h t t p ://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/flash/New_Tutorials/Decks_mic/

h t t p ://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=253144
Schon4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 15:13   #2
Schon4o

Broadcasting Shoutcast+Traktor+Fast Track Pro (First Question)

I am trying to broadcast my live/recorded mix sessions using Traktor as my mixing program with M-Audio Fast Track Pro as my external soundcard (in order for me to preview my tracks) and I would like to broadcast over ShoutCast because of the range of audiences that can listen to me.
My problem is this: Traktor is automatically configured to use IceCast as it's broadcasting server. I have found 2 forum links that could help me but they do not. http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/fla...als/Decks_mic/
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=253144
The main problem is that by using M-Audio Fast Track Pro, that external sound card bypasses Windows Kernal Mixer so when I try to configure the open mixer on the DSP option in Winamp, it does not register any sound coming from it. I have even attempted to have a line out from Fast Track Pro to my internal sound card but to no avail.
So my question is this, how can I use Traktor to broadcast my live/recorded sessions over Shoutcast radio using M-Audio Fast Track Pro? Thank you for your help and hopefully this issue can be resolved.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:38   #3
fc*uk

I merged your two threads. Ignore the "url submitted by user". The forum regulars know how to find out what your links are.

When you ran the RCA outs into the sound card, how did you have it setup (line-in or mic)? It needs to be line in and you need to set the winamp dsp to what you hear.

What sound card and what OS are you using?
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 04:08   #4
Schon4o

Broadcasting Shoutcast+Traktor+Fast Track Pro

Thanks for your reply.

I tried both line in and mic set up on Winamp and the input sound bars were stuck not moving at all. Also, when I selected the open mixer button, only the Fast Track Pro volume control opened with only the Wave/MP3, SW Synth and CD Player volume controls being displayed. When I select options then properties in that volume control, the mixer device opens and the only recording option is with Fast Track Lines IN and with selecting the SB sound card.

I am using winxp sp 2 with SB Live! Audio 9400 soundcard.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:46   #5
fc*uk

OK, lets try this. What you have done should be working, unless, I am thinking, Winamp is simply trying to use the wrong sound card.

Open preferences --> Output --> Nullsoft Direct Sound Output --> Configure --> select sound device in the first window. Try this both ways with the SB and the Fast Track and see if the SHOUTcast dsp will pick either one up for you.

I know the obvious comment here is that I told you to play around with Winamp's sound output settings, which is not what you are having problems with. The reason why I suggest this is I believe reading or being told that the SHOUTcast DSP will take it's input device from the default soundcard being used for Winamp.

It is worth a shot anyway ...
Old 17th May 2009, 17:32   #6
Schon4o

Ok, different route:
I installed edcast dsp plugin for winamp
h t t p://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/
and I configured it for live recording using my internal sound card line-in selection. I have outs from Fast Track Pro going into my internal sound card and I also have installed the MP3 encoder. On edcast I double clicked the encoder and opened the configuration for that encoder. I've selected shoutcast as my server type and I have entered all appropriate ip/port info. Their is also a yellowpages setting in which I have made my stream a public one and I have named my station, genre and description. Ok, so the sound is being broadcasted from pc and my network administrator that I use to broadcast from and he is able to hear me. Good. But when I open Winamp and goto Shoutcast Radio and type my station name, it can't be found. I've also gone to shoutcast.com and searched for my station and to no avail. I have broadcasted my station for over 10 minutes thinking that the shoutcast server may take a few mintues to update, but still my station is not listed.
So, another question: How can I get my station listed on the shoutcast directory? Thanks
Old 18th May 2009, 00:58   #7
fc*uk

Sometimes it can take quite a while to be listed. Wait it out and let me know what happens....
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:11   #8
Schon4o

Problem Solved!!! :D

First of all I would like to thank you and anyone who helped me with this issue. For anyone who would like to use Traktor + Fast Track Pro + Winamp to broadcast their mixes, follow these instructions and you'll have no worries.

First you will need to download/install the edcast plug-in for Winamp.
h t t p://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/
Follow the instructions (included with the download) and enable the plug-in. You will need to select the mirophone icon on edcast so the red X will disappear. Then select your internal sound card and Line In on edcast next to the microphone icon. (Don't forget to configure your settings for whatever server you use to broadcast in onto Winamp.)

Next for Fast Track Pro. Connect the 1/2 outputs to your speakers and then get a double 1/4 inch to single 1/8 inch wire. You will connect the double 1/4 into the TRS outputs on Fast Track Pro and the single 1/8 inch to you internal sound card.

(Make sure all sounds on your PC are switched off because they will also be detected by edcast.)

Go to control panel on your PC options and select sound and audio devices. Select Audio and for sound recordings select your internal sound card.

Finally start Tracktor and also do not forget to press the connect icon on edcast. Now play something on Traktor and you will see the sound bars on edcast react to whatever you are playing!

This sounds easy and it really is. It took me about a month to sort this out but it works perfectly and if you are trying to broadcast on Winamp, this will solve it.

Also, it takes Shoutcast about 15 minutes to detect and register your station on its directory. Have fun and don't forget to bugaloo till you drop!

If you like, check out my record/live sessions on my station: Bugaloo Beats for your Mind

Old 9th December 2010, 10:43   #9
bimbongr

Hey man can you help me out here. I want to broadcast to shoutcast with my traktor scratch pro but i don't know how to make the connection between icecast and shoutcast. I would appreciate your help.
bimbongr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions