Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
my problems, numerous they are!

hi all,

so egg wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Hey

Please could you post details in the Cloud forum?
(or send it to the feedback email address provided on Labs)

What error messages are you seeing?
Attach a log (saved via: Prefs > Cloud Sources > Logging tab > Save)
i'm not sure I am seeing any error messages? looks like normal to me.

I do see some files which are listed as incompatible which should not be. REQ: please allow the user to "retry" getting those files into the cloud from that dialog. and explain what "reset" does?

background on my travails:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....03#post2920603

Quote:
With Winamp closed, have you tried deleting the local cloud.db file? (%appdata%\winamp\cloud)
Make a backup of it first, in case we need to examine it later.
I will backup and try this later.

Quote:
What happens on Winamp restart? Can you log in to cloud ok (via Cloud Sources view)?
Note that you'll need to wait for "First pull complete" message (in Logging tab) before being able to use the Cloud features.
winamp always seems able to log into the cloud. and I seemingly can upload to it and play from it. but my computer when listed by pref in the nav tree seems to freeze up winamp, and the real bad issue is in the screenshot. when I go to the website proper (via IE10 win7) I get a blank song screen and my computer isn't even listed:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cloud.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	50397  

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 7th April 2013, 19:24   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

>> and explain what "reset" does

It deletes everything you've done/uploaded and resets cloud back to zero, as if starting again from scratch.
Did you do this? If yes, then this would explain why cloud.winamp.com is empty for you.

If you didn't do a reset, then please try (backing up then) deleting the local db file (with Winamp closed),
then restart Winamp and wait for the "First Pull Completed" message (in Logging tab of Prefs).

Also note that you may need to logout and log back in again (via Facebook login in: ML > Cloud Sources)

If there's errors, then please attach the log (created via the 'Save' button in the same Prefs dialog).

In the meantime, I'll ask Ryan to look at your account and make sure there's no problems (note, he won't be available until Monday).
I'm not seeing anything specific in the internal error log, but maybe I missed something....
Old 7th April 2013, 20:06   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
>> and explain what "reset" does

It deletes everything you've done/uploaded and resets cloud back to zero, as if starting again from scratch.
Did you do this? If yes, then this would explain why cloud.winamp.com is empty for you.
no, I think you misunderstand me. I meant the "reset" under the "exclusions" tab.

I did not do that, and I did not reset the cloud library either.

maybe under exclusions it should be called something else to eliminate the confusion? also, I still don't know what that does?

Quote:
If you didn't do a reset, then please try (backing up then) deleting the local db file (with Winamp closed),
then restart Winamp and wait for the "First Pull Completed" message (in Logging tab of Prefs).
I did do that, a few days ago. no change.

one odd thing, is that the resulting cloud*.db files were twice as big (about) then the ones I backed up.

Quote:
Also note that you may need to logout and log back in again (via Facebook login in: ML > Cloud Sources)
I tried that too, both in the app and at the website proper in IE. please note, that its the website proper in IE that doesn't seem to be working properly for me. see screenshot.

in winamp things seem to be working ok.

Quote:
If there's errors, then please attach the log (created via the 'Save' button in the same Prefs dialog).

In the meantime, I'll ask Ryan to look at your account and make sure there's no problems (note, he won't be available until Monday).
I'm not seeing anything specific in the internal error log, but maybe I missed something....
i'm not seeing any errors.

I am basically waiting for you guys to tell me what to do/try next.

--
Old 7th April 2013, 20:40   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Oh, the Exclusions Reset... right....

Are any files listed there? If no, then the button should be greyed-out (at least, it is in my (newer) build anyway, heh).

Ok, we'll need to wait for Ryan to take a look at your account tomorrow....

In the meantime, you could try deleting the facebook & cloud.winamp.com cookies from IE.
Though the cloud browser in Winamp also uses the same cookies, so you will need to login again....
Old 8th April 2013, 16:26   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

There's a timeout occurring when loading your metadata-snapshot, due to the size of your library...

Serverside work has been done to streamline this method
and these changes should be pushed to production within the next day or two.

Hopefully this will fix the problem of the web player not loading for you.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:57   #6
MrSinatra
Forum King

that's good news, thx for staying with me on this. but keep in mind, some people have libraries much bigger than mine.

i'll try it out again tomorrow and wed.

--
Old 10th April 2013, 04:27   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

just fyi, not fixed yet, but I am posting here about another reproducible crash I have reported in the beta 3364 thread in which I am apparently being childishly punished by being ignored by a dev who has a lot to say otherwise.

in the newest beta, if I right click and do seemingly innocuous things, like read metadata or send to RG, WHILE LOGGED INTO Cloud Services in the winamp desktop app, winamp will crash. if I log out, and do the same right click actions, NO CRASH. log back in, CRASH RETURNS.

hopefully, it is being seen and acted upon, even though i'm dead to them.

btw, it would be nice if you could configure the winamp error reporter email settings more, b/c I should be able to do gmail smtp, but I can't adjust your ports for your mailer. in other words, you are not going to get email reports from Hotmail, gmail, etc users...

--
Old 15th April 2013, 19:31   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
There's a timeout occurring when loading your metadata-snapshot, due to the size of your library...

Serverside work has been done to streamline this method
and these changes should be pushed to production within the next day or two.

Hopefully this will fix the problem of the web player not loading for you.
as of right now, posting this, its still not fixed. signing in and out has no effect either.

--
Old 8th May 2013, 18:54   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

[edit - merged from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=356750]

so I am giving it a whirl... i'd like to suggest that the "status" of what its doing with the cloud is never really clear. when is it done? how far is it in the process, either total or step? what steps in total are there? where is it explained as to what its doing?

when you scan your local files, you can watch, in prefs, a line showing the reading, checking for, etc, of all the files. you know where it is about and what stage and what the terms mean. can't some similar feedback be given here? i'd like a checklist to be displayed, and watch it go down the steps, one by one. and on each step show some kind of similar visual indication of how far it is within that step.

in addition, I have the same problem, where I am getting that code again. it shows in both the nav tree and in prefs. it appears to be a dupe of the "local library" under the cloud. previous times it went away on its own, but not so far this time.

and, for some reason, my specified name for local library wasn't there until AFTER the "pulling" showed, and even then, after that, it was only then seen in the pref, not the nav tree. is the user assigned name only supposed to be seen on other devices? not in the nav tree of winamp? when I click on it, it says "scanning" seemingly forever. it took a good 5 minutes.

if I click on the code, winamp crashes.

I have now restarted it, and the code was still there, but then went away. had to sign into FB via winamp again. I am also now seeing some kind of new icon in the nav tree that's NOT under the cloud services, but seems related, that has "my account" info, like for payment, FB and so on. whats the deal? please put it under the cloud stuff.

--
Old 8th May 2013, 19:14   #10
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@MrSinatra

The Sign-In/Account node is currently Cloud only related,
but eventually, we plan to use it for accessing Winamp account, Winamp Pro order details, Android Pro order details, Cloud account, etc...
by which time there might also be a ui option somewhere to hide it (e.g. for people who don't have Pro and don't use any online features).

For now, you can manually move (drag) it to above/below Cloud Sources...?

You can watch the progress of the Cloud database pull in either Prefs > Cloud Sources > Logging tab,
or by right-clicking "Cloud Sources" in the ML tree and selecting "Toggle status window".
Or are you saying there's not enough info/details shown there?

Alas, I'm still not sure what's going on with your Cloud Sources -> Local Library view issue. Benski/DrO? Anyone?
Old 8th May 2013, 19:40   #11
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
@MrSinatra

The Sign-In/Account node is currently Cloud only related,
but eventually, we plan to use it for accessing Winamp account, Winamp Pro order details, Android Pro order details, Cloud account, etc...
by which time there might also be a ui option somewhere to hide it (e.g. for people who don't have Pro and don't use any online features).

For now, you can manually move (drag) it to above/below Cloud Sources...?
well, I can drag it below, or above, of "Cloud Sources" but not INTO it, which is what i'd prefer. also, its named by my FB first name, which is "Mr" and I don't care for that in the nav tree tbh.

Quote:
You can watch the progress of the Cloud database pull in either Prefs > Cloud Sources > Logging tab,
or by right-clicking "Cloud Sources" in the ML tree and selecting "Toggle status window".
Or are you saying there's not enough info/details shown there?
not nearly enough info/details shown there. it frequently seems to be doing nothing, when in fact its not done. and there's just a general lack of info about the steps, how many, etc.

Quote:
Alas, I'm still not sure what's going on with your Cloud Sources -> Local Library view issue. Benski/DrO? Anyone?
I have nearly 500gigs, so I believe that's a part of it, checking them against the cloud storage to determine my ML cloud column icon status, but that's just a guess.

--

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp Online Services > Winamp Cloud