Old 12th July 2020, 12:24   #1
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Windows 10 Update 2004

I'm curious if any other users with Windows 10 installed have had Stereo mix wiped out by a Windows update

Stereo Mix will not work no matter what setting I try. Audacity threw its toys out of the pram when I wanted to record something.

Its annoying because I wanted to do something and now I can't because of a MicroSNOT update wiping out my sound settings.

Currently having to use Virtual audio cables through Voicemeeter to get any audio to play with stuttering.

Proud USER of RadioDJ free radio playout software since 2010

Running RadioDJ on a 16GB AMD10 Computer

New Blog - Winamp - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 13:30   #2
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

story of my life, each time a windows 10 update happens several of my software fails to load or do as it should.

Zara Radio , Cool Edit , Winampsetting, VLC mediaplayer etc etc

so it's system recovery to an earlier bookmark of the system and everything is up and running again.

than why not disable update, I do a manual update of the things i need that didn't cause problems but you can do this only after you found out which update part did it.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 14:41   #3
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I do have an app that stops windows updates BUT because I'm doing important stuff on this computer I need the updates to keep me secure.

Stereo mix stopped working last year after an update which was fixed in the next update I just hope its an oversight on Microsofts coders and that they release a fix for it soon there are people talking about it on other forums.

Proud USER of RadioDJ free radio playout software since 2010

Running RadioDJ on a 16GB AMD10 Computer

New Blog - Winamp - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 22:39   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Major updates like 2004 often reinstall drivers (sometimes upgrading or downgrading them) and change their configurations to what Windows wants to be the defaults.

Use the Device Manager to check for driver versions and warnings for hardware that is not working as it did before.

Use the Sound Control Panel to make sure the playback devices, recording devices, sound schemes, and communications settings are selected and configured the way you need them to be. You may need to also re-select the output and recording devices in your apps.

After update 2004 reinstalled my sound device drivers, I had to re-select the correct output device for Winamp before it would play music again.

After you get your sound devices working again, I suggest you check the configurations of all your other hardware devices. After this happened to me a couple of times, I now keep a list of all my settings so I can quickly get things back to normal.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2020, 20:47   #5
Wineroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
[...]
After update 2004 reinstalled my sound device drivers, I had to re-select the correct output device for Winamp before it would play music again.
[...]
Wouldn't coping to

C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp

your old working setup do the trick of restoring Winamp to working conditions?
Wineroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2020, 22:15   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineroz View Post
Wouldn't coping to

C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp

your old working setup do the trick of restoring Winamp to working conditions?
If I had used the Windows Sound Control Panel to correct the default sound output device before starting Winamp, it probably would have worked.

Instead I started Winamp, after the 2004 update, before re-selecting the Windows default sound output device I need to use. I use the DirectSound ouput plug-in and it's configuration data for the sound device is stored in winamp.ini (in an indirect manner based on the Windows default), so it was pointing to the wrong device. Seeing that the wrong device was selected in the DirectSound configuration Device tab reminded me that I needed to correct the Windows default sound output device.

So to keep from shutting down Winamp, fixing the Windows default and restarting Winamp, I used the device tab to select the proper sound device for my system to get Winamp working. Later after I finished using Winamp, I used the Windows Sound Control Panel to correct the default sound output device.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions