Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 16th December 2007, 23:01   #1
jph6t
Major Dude

WinampSwitch doesn't recognize ML window over left screen border

I have happily been using the WinampSwitch plugin for years as a means to Shutdown my computer upon the completion/end of the current Playlist playing within Winamp.

I like to use the “Over the left screen border” option (circled in screen-shot below) to enable the Shutdown of my computer when appropriate (I don’t always want the Shutdown to occur at the end of a Playlist … only sometimes).

Recently I discovered a challenge with using this option. The left screen border option only works when the Player window itself is over the left screen border. This is easy if one has arranged their Winamp windows with the Player on the left side, but what if the Player is on the right side?

Recently I re-arranged my windows with the Media Library on the left and the Player
on the right (so that the close button was in the top-right corner as it is with most Windows programs). See screen-shot below. Putting the Media Library window over the left screen border does not trigger the Shutdown option via WinampSwitch as the Player window does.

It would be nice if the capability was added to recognize other Winamp windows, besides the Player, as being placed over the left screen border
... for the purpose of using WinampSwitch's Shutdown option.
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 00:00   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well, jph6t...

You've been around these Winamp forums long enough (since 05-03-2004 with over 600 posts to date), to know what to do (I think)

It's always been the case here that since no support is given for 3rd-party authored plugins, that you would need to contact the plugin author, to see if he will update his plugin to work properly with the newest Winamp.

Now, since no contact for the author was indicated at the WinampSwitch plugin page itself, I performed an online Google search for the author's name --> Fred Schaettgen, hoping that I might find a website (or even an email contact). The only thing I was able to quickly find was an email address on this page of the KDE Developer's forums.

And the contact listed here is strange since his name there is spelled Fred Schättgen (differently from Fred Schaettgen as you can see). There is also a "dead" URL there --> www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uddw/programs/winampswitch.html

Similar Google search results for Fred Schättgen too.

I just did a very quick search though for you. Perhaps you'll have better results in your searches, since it's you who are interested in getting this plugin to work properly, and not me.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 00:14   #3
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: WinampSwitch doesn't recognize ML window over left screen border

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Nunzio390.

My original thought, before posting, was the same as yours. But much like your quick search, I found no reliable means of contacting the author of the plugin. I put my post here hoping that either the author still looks at this forum, or someone else who does knows how to contact said author.

But alas, given the age of the plugin ... my hope for getting a new version are low.
At least the idea/issue is now documented.

It was NOT my expectation that anyone from the DEV team would do anything with
the above request. I realize that 3rd-party plugins are the not their responsibility.
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 04:09   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Re: Re: WinampSwitch doesn't recognize ML window over left screen border

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
It was NOT my expectation that anyone from the DEV team would do anything with the above request. I realize that 3rd-party plugins are the not their responsibility.
I know that
Anyway, good luck in finding the author!
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion