Old 14th November 2003, 18:29   #1
dkijc

video problem

hi... i was just wondering..

i just installed my winamp...

and all my videos are showing upside down.. actually.. short clips comes out fine but movies come out up side down...

am i just weird? =)

thanks
Old 18th November 2003, 05:25   #2
dkijc

bump ^^
Old 18th November 2003, 16:13   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quoted directly from the Winamp3 Trouble-Shooter Guide > Winamp3 FAQ...
Quote:
Videos are upside-down
Completely un-install all versions of the DivX codec then re-install DivX 5.05. If that doesn't work get the Configurification Registry. Open it from the Windows Menu. Video option. Select "Force vertical flip"
BUT... Winamp3 v1.0 hasn't been officially updated since Dec 2002 (although there have been internal developer builds). Since then, we've had Winamp 2.81, 2.90, 2.91 plus a leaked and unsupported 2.92 & 2.95. Then came 5.0 Beta 1 and Beta 2, and the current release candidate. Also, Winamp3 is effectively dead. Winamp 5.0 (the direct upgrade from 2.xx) is the latest and greatest Nullsoft product.

To avoid confusion, Winamp and Winamp3 are and always have been two different Nullsoft media players / products)...

Winamp = Winamp 0.x | Winamp 1.x | Winamp 2.x | Winamp 5.x
Winamp3 = Winamp3

1. The name of one product is Winamp
2. The name of the other product is Winamp3 (note that there is no "space" between Winamp and 3 and there is no mention of a version number)

You may not be aware of it (especially if you had not been reading through and participating in these forums), but Winamp3 is now effectively dead (although Wasabi development will continue) and will be removed from Winamp.com very soon. There will be no further support for Winamp3. All Winamp3 forums (including this one) will be locked and archived for read-only purposes (legacy support). We will no longer actively support Winamp3.

All development has been and will continue to go into Winamp 5.0 (the direct upgrade from Winamp 2.x). Winamp 5.0 supports both Winamp 2.x skins and Winamp3 skins (now referred to as "modern" skins), along with many other great features that Winamp3 had.

So, I suggest that you install Winamp 5.0. Read more about it here.

btw... when you download Winamp 5.0, go ahead and download the latest release candidate of Winamp 5.0 (until the final public release comes out, at which time you can upgrade). The latest release candidate of Winamp 5.0 is linked to in this discussion thread and also read through and perhaps participate in the thread.

Put ALL Winamp 5.0 RC Bugs In HERE!

*Note: If you are a Winamp3 "die-hard" and decide to keep Winamp3 installed and you also want to install Winamp 5.0, make certain that you do not install Winamp 5.0 within your current Winamp3 directory. Winamp 5.0 is a direct upgrade from Winamp 2.xx and is a separate program requiring installation within its own folder (or within your existing Winamp 2.xx folder if you just want to upgrade).

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 27th November 2003, 13:09   #4
dkijc

hey.. cool!

thanks alot for the info!! I'll definitely uninstall winamp 3.. lol

buh bye 3~

thanks!
Old 27th November 2003, 15:56   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Yer welcome
Old 8th December 2003, 18:57   #6
Shiny Knight

Another thing fixed

This solution also worked for the problem I was having, I had just upgraded Divx and found it would let me view the video of files it previously wouldn't when suddenly when I tried to view another video (All Avi files) it just gave me a black image for video. It did this for all my video's ones that had and hadn't worked before but once I uninstalled Divx rebooted adn reinstalled it the problem was solved and I can now see with the video image again.
Old 8th December 2003, 22:31   #7
Shiny Knight

Color

Althou I have noticed a new problem with some of the videos now with many the color's are reversed as if i'm watching the negatives.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support