Old 26th November 2000, 11:00   #1
mjc

The download page doesn't specify whether or not Winamp will work in Windows 2000? Anyone know? Thanks...
Old 26th November 2000, 11:58   #2
Sawg

Works fine

=========
sawg
Old 26th November 2000, 15:56   #3
ocelot312

sometimes...

------------------
D€FRAG ©
ocelot312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2000, 18:48   #4
Ice
Moderator Alumni
Americas Favorite Smut Peddler

the only prolbem i've had with win2k and winamp are that i can't use ds out... but i wasn't using dx 8, so that might be fixed. also, i couldn't use the winamp i installed on my winME partition.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2000, 21:20   #5
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Y2K was simply something that everyone got worked up for for nothing, however, from what my friends tell me, 2000 was a bad year for Windows.
I'll stick with 98, a good year for them.

------------------
I don't know Karate....
But I do know Karazy!!!

[This message has been edited by ElChevelle (edited November 26, 2000).]
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2000, 16:37   #6
mattjsimps

yeah, so good they releasedd it twice!!!!

having said that, i use it.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElChevelle:
Y2K was simply something that everyone got worked up for for nothing, however, from what my friends tell me, 2000 was a bad year for Windows.
I'll stick with 98, a good year for them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
smoke me a kipper, ill be back for breakfast
mattjsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2000, 16:48   #7
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
98 was a good year for them, thier product was refreshing and light, to an extent. Also still, some nice subtle undertones of DOS. I great vintage, I say. I'd keep it around for a while. ****

2000 was not a great year, the product was rushed to the market in haste since the were doing 2 OS's. Sure, they may have made it more mellow with less clashing(crashing) on the tounge, but that nice undertone of DOS is painfully absent. **

I'm sticking with Win98 b/c I'm not sure if my hardware is compatible with 2000/Me. If I did upgrade, I'd go 2K pro. Pro, however, will die out in the same fashion as O/S 2, with Me becoming the standard like the early versions of Windows did.

------------------
I used to be ocelot312, but then Mike kicked me in the head and the rest is history.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2000, 21:57   #8
Sparky!

"98 was a good year for them"? I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that point. I would describe each new Windows OS as "not-a-step-backwards-from-the-last-version".

I have yet to see a step forward.
Sparky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2000, 15:59   #9
geoCee

NT4 is the best of all the windows OS i've used...2000 is supposed to be based on NT but it's so moody i can't stand it, it moans about every little thing, i think it needs some kind of therapy
geoCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2000, 06:44   #10
endless17

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John M:
I'm sticking with Win98 b/c I'm not sure if my hardware is compatible with 2000/Me. If I did upgrade, I'd go 2K pro. Pro, however, will die out in the same fashion as O/S 2, with Me becoming the standard like the early versions of Windows did.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AROO? i think you're referring to Whistler, because windows2000 and ME are two totally different products.

windows 2000 is a totally different product catered to a different audience. WinME doesn't have any of the features that makes windows2000 essential to power users - protected memory, true multi-tasking, multi-processor enabled, etc. windows98 requires a restart at least once a day because system resources dwindle like hell. windows2000 doesn't have that problem.

if you have at least 128 megs of ram, go to windows2000. though games might run a bit slower (chalk it up to inefficient video drivers, like 3dfx's), system stability is increased tremendously. newer video cards with updated drivers (radeon, g-force 2) actually run faster in windows2000 with the lastest version of directx (version 8).
endless17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support