Old 9th December 2005, 15:18   #41
randman
Ol' Dirty Loser
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to randman Send a message via AIM to randman Send a message via Yahoo to randman
I've found my dream mate!

I see no stinking sig! Do you see a stinking sig?
randman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 15:55   #42
xzxzzx
Forum King

I couldn't "design" my perfect mate, besides a few restraining factors - namely she'd have to be roughly as smart as I am, and relatively easy-going. The rest is what makes life interesting.

Oh, and I could tell you what I'm physically attracted to, but that's not that interesting. Think "hot scandinavian".

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2005, 01:06   #43
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by randman
I've found my dream mate!

Get a leftie if you can. I swear by mine
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2005, 01:18   #44
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Thick ink lines, blue hair, big eyes, has a 2D demeanor, and speaks Japanese...
Sounds good to me although I do like girls with a third axis too.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2005, 01:22   #45
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
256-BIT CG GRAPHICS!

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2005, 02:43   #46
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
'chev is gonna ban you soon i fear...
Not if I do it first.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2005, 04:18   #47
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Sarge! Sarge! Sarge! Sarge! Sarge! Sarge!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 07:19   #48
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
Well it's done and over with.

She came over as expected on Friday night, and during our walk she started talking about the movie Chicken Little and how she wanted to see it real bad. I waited until we were heading back towards her house and the conversation had died a bit, so I figured I'd just try something simple and I just asked her if she wanted to go see the film with me some time this weekend.

She stopped dead in her tracks and said something to the effect of, "Oh... Well... Uh... I've never really thought of you in that way before. You're a nice guy and everything but you're just not for me. I was just happy going on our little walks every once in a while, I hope you're not mad." I tried to act like it was no big deal, but I guess she could tell that I was feeling bad and let down by that so she just said, "Sorry... I'll see ya later," and walked off.

Well I'm certainly upset by it, but I guess I'm more pissed off by the way she said it, the tone of her voice and her shitty attitude about it.

So yeah, this sucks. I don't know what I did wrong, or if I mixed up the signals, but I have a feeling that I won't be hearing that familiar knock on my window for a while.

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 09:24   #49
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

Sorry to hear that denkensiefursich )o:
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 10:06   #50
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Quote:
Originally posted by denkensiefursich
She stopped dead in her tracks and said something to the effect of, "Oh... Well... Uh... I've never really thought of you in that way before. You're a nice guy and everything but you're just not for me. I was just happy going on our little walks every once in a while, I hope you're not mad."...
This is where you could have widened your eyes, held your hands up (motioning "stop") and said, "Whoa there, cowgirl. I go see movies with friends all the time, male and female, sometimes one, sometimes many. I think you just stepped in a proverbial hole there, with your other expectations."

Then watch her reaction...

(You wouldn't be losing anything, since she's just made her feelings clear...you'd only be making her feel like she just put her foot in her mouth in a big way, that's all. It's harmless, and completely reverses the shoot-downer/shoot-downee positions in just a few seconds. Not to mention it's funny as hell, and works just as well with either gender on either side of the conversation.)

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 10:30   #51
Mach

Savant Femme Varie

Often does a woman change

If you think its worth it, don't concede defeat!!! Besides you got her thinking about you in a new way so give her a chance to get comfy with a new concept
Attached Images
File Type: gif ping-pong.gif (1.5 KB, 180 views)
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 13:43   #52
Guest232

Quote:
or if I mixed up the signals
No you didn't, she just gave you the wrong signals. Dropping by every saturday night, talking about how bad she wants to see that movie... It's her mistake if you ask me.
Old 11th December 2005, 17:19   #53
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach
Savant Femme Varie

Often does a woman change

If you think its worth it, don't concede defeat!!! Besides you got her thinking about you in a new way so give her a chance to get comfy with a new concept
this guy reminds me of obedo, must be the avatar
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 17:47   #54
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Only the 'banned' title is missing

Dude stop attaching random stuff.

---

Eric: Try not to lose her in the way you were together before. That would be even a greater loss for you two both.
This happened to me earlier in a likewise situation, she just didn't see me as the one to share her entire life with. Perhaps she just likes to wait a bit longer so that she wouldn't have to wait so long before she can get married, girls think about that stuff. That really doesn't mean that you did 'something wrong' or anything.

The way I hear(read) it, I think she really appreciated that you told her like this, but didn't know how to say she doesn't want it.. Don't forget it's been quite a shock for her too.
Please don't let this sadden your heart, everything went in a fair way but she just didn't want to. That's life, and her decision. Better keep your head up and keep going.
Not as if she shouldn't mean anything to you, but with the knowledge that it's just as it is.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 20:31   #55
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior of the Light

Eric: Try not to lose her in the way you were together before.
Nah, men and women can't be friends. It's either romantic or it's nothing. No matter what the rhetoric about platonic relationships is, it does not pay to make emotional attachments to members of the opposite sex. Someone always wants it to be more than that and somebody always gets hurt.

I've been on both sides of that in my life.

Being 'just friends' with a woman means you get to do all the stuff a boyfriend would do, just without getting anything back. It's the same for women.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 23:40   #56
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Nah, men and women can't be friends. It's either romantic or it's nothing. Being 'just friends' with a woman means you get to do all the stuff a boyfriend would do, just without getting anything back. It's the same for women.
I am sorry, but once again I will have to correct you. Scor and I are good friends. And that is it - Just friends. I am a girl and by all of his nipple pics here in the forums he has proved to be a guy Yes, he does help me out with things but I am always there for him when he needs me.
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 19:39   #57
rockouthippie
Banned

Again, I think experience will contradict your "correction". I've seen this a million times both ways. Men and women are not close friends.

My last girlfriend had a "friend" like that named Sal. Sherry knew she could just use Sal and treat him like a dog. I don't think it took a man to understand that this "platonic" relationship wasn't exactly unilaterally "platonic".

I told Sherry that it was Sal or me. Not because I was jealous of Sal, but because I guess I got tired of seeing him follow her around like a dog getting his ass kicked. That and it created gossip I didn't need.

If you think you can maintain friendships with close male friends while you are in a serious relationship, you are a fool.

I know this isn't politically correct, but it's the truth. Men or women who you are involved with are not going to tolerate Sal or Sally.

You can put down the politically correct propaganda about how women and men interact, and base your opinions on observation. If you do that, you might be able to avoid the politically correct 50% divorce rate.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 21:24   #58
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
code:

OPTIMISM PESSIMISM
Missy ^ rockouthippie
Reality

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 05:56   #59
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Quote:
Originally posted by missyob
I am sorry, but once again I will have to correct you. Scor and I are good friends. And that is it - Just friends. I am a girl and by all of his nipple pics here in the forums he has proved to be a guy Yes, he does help me out with things but I am always there for him when he needs me.
She's right. And I also want to add that I've never had a relationship, friends or otherwise, in which I felt as comfortable with as I do with Missy. When I don't know who else to call, I can always call her. Between us there is never a need for apologies or regrets.

We can also read each other's minds, almost. She can say one word, and I can tell exactly how she's feeling, and sometimes even what she's thinking, and I bet she can do the same with me. With her I never need to edit my thoughts or feeling or words.

If I were to create a perfect imaginary friend in my mind, it would be just like her.

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 18:07   #60
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
So yeah, this sucks. I don't know what I did wrong, or if I mixed up the signals, but I have a feeling that I won't be hearing that familiar knock on my window for a while.
Dang, I'm sorry my advice led you wrong. Tell her it was all some dumbshit on the internet's fault or something. Actually that'll probably just make things worse if she knows you're talking about your relationship to people on the internet.

I hope you can keep the friendship with her.

Girls are weird.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 02:35   #61
morgado
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to morgado
I used to have the grl I dreamed ... She's too much older, too much poorer ... my family won't agree .. I can't let them down, for now ... I've had to split with her ... now I can't stop thinking about her, and it's been 4 months almost I splitted ... just look at my sig you'll know her name ... too bad !

I Love You Ana Luiza
MSN
morgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 05:54   #62
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
Dang, I'm sorry my advice led you wrong.
I hope you can keep the friendship with her.
Don't worry about it. I think she was lying, and she had thought about it before. She was probably just shocked that I asked her then. I like Michgelsen perspective of it: she was giving me the wrong signals. I mean, damn, no other girls I know would sneak out in the middle of the night and come to my house in below freezing temperatures just to go for a walk around the block.

Well anyway, I talked to her today and she said she would stop by sometime this weekend, so we'll see how it goes. I hope it won't get all weird, though I have no idea what to talk about now.

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 16:12   #63
Mattress
Forum King

what do you usually talk about?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions