Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 7th April 2009, 17:46   #961
DrO

are you using the skinned or un-skinned version of the jtf dialog? also is 'Restore last position of the dialog on opening' under prefs->jump to file->display enabled?

i'll have to check out the escape handling as i know 5.53 broke a number of keyboard handlers so it's possible i've not fixed that to work with the newer api.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 07:43   #962
schulze

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
are you using the skinned or un-skinned version of the jtf dialog? also is 'Restore last position of the dialog on opening' under prefs->jump to file->display enabled?

i'll have to check out the escape handling as i know 5.53 broke a number of keyboard handlers so it's possible i've not fixed that to work with the newer api.

-daz

ah shame on me... "restore last position" was turned off I wasn't aware of this one, sorry.
now it's working flawlessly. even when restarting winamp.

it would be awesome if you could fix the ESC key.

thx for your quick help

btw:I use the skinned version of JTFE
schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 08:24   #963
DrO

what skin are you using since i've not been able to reproduce the escape key not working.

-daz
Old 8th April 2009, 12:06   #964
schulze

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
what skin are you using since i've not been able to reproduce the escape key not working.

-daz
classic skin, winamp 5.551, jtfe 1.0.5 b779 distro

i'll tell you what i do:

-press J
-enter song to queue
-press ALT-Q

-> ESC not working

after ALT-Q the focus is lost or something because if i click into the search field ESC is working again.

i get the same behavior with classic/modern/bento

hope this will help you.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:08   #965
DrO

ah, that wasn't something i tested since doing alt+q i think will focus the queue button (should just be able to see the dotted line around the test on the button) and then eat the key message (can't test that out at the moment).

will see what happens when i can try it out (will be a day or two i think as some other changes i'm working on won't give a working jtfe build currently) and will send you a test build to check the change works.

-daz
Old 8th April 2009, 13:48   #966
schulze

you are right, focus changes to queue-button (dotted line).

your work is really appreciated!
Old 10th April 2009, 03:54   #967
Ruramuq

JTFE is not jumping to next file in queue if "Manual Playlist Advance" is checked
Ruramuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 08:35   #968
DrO

@schulze: confirmed the issue and i've got the fix implemented but working on another issue with the alt+q shortcut (since it's used also by the queue manager window and i need to allow alt+q to work correctly in the jtf dialog - how i love the new keybaord handling since 5.53). will pm a test build later today

@Ruramuq: it's not meant to do so, it's only meant to go to the next item in the queue when winamp's next action is invoked or are you saying it's not following that behaviour?

there was my next on stop plugin which was sort of setup to advance the playback position onto the first queued item with manual advance enabled but i think that plugin is broken with the last few winamp releases.

-daz
Old 18th April 2009, 11:56   #969
Daniel_Sturza

Tested with 1.05 build 779 (distro)
I'm sorry to say that it's the same ... almost.
The error message says :
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.5.5.2419 ModName: gen_jumpex.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002fe2

But I noticed something else : the titles are not added to playlist instead of queue as I said before, they are added to playlist and queue.
Tested again with v1.0.4(Build 767) and v0.99.4 (Build 749) -> same result.
And one more thing (if it helps) : the only setting that I altered in "Queue Options" is "Remove file from queue when it is already in queue" which is unchecked.

Tell me if I can help you with anything else ... test older versions/combinations of winamp+gen_jumpex etc ..
Daniel_Sturza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:59   #970
Ruramuq

Quote:
@Ruramuq: it's not meant to do so, it's only meant to go to the next item in the queue when winamp's next action is invoked or are you saying it's not following that behaviour?
Yes something is different than it used to be in previous versions:

pressing Next, ignores the queue when "manual playlist advance" is checked. and jumps to any other track. for example if shuffle is on, it will play another random song but the next in the queue.

It works fine on previous versions of Winamp.
I've copied the last JTFE to a previous version of winamp and the problem re-appears.

Thanks for this plugin!
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:29   #971
DrO

@Ruramuq: i had a feeling i may have messed up something with the changes to the queue advance handler in trying to fix it to work better with newer Winamp clients so will have a check off things. will pm you a test build when i've had a play with things. can you confirm if when you're doing it with manual advance enabled, is winamp already playing at the time?

@Daniel_Sturza: i've still to have a further look into things (reference back) but when i quickly tried it out i wasn't able to see the issue happen (unlike with the fix that the older 0.99.4 test build showed up). i'll have to see what i can do, i'm just wondering if something else is conflicting with the plugin's interaction with things since i was testing with a 7k playlist using default settings (which will remove already queued files).

-daz

----------------------------------------------
Issues with current builds (this is mainly for my memory):
1) Queue advance issues with manual advance
2) Keyboard shortcuts on the JTF dialog (working this out with schulze)
3) Possible random crashes when altering the queue too quickly (reproduced - fails to detect file already in the queue and so duplicates and corrupts the queue in worst case causing a winamp crash)
4) Winamp Library font messing up with JTFE installed - looks like it is a gen_ml/ml_local issue
5) Renaming a favourite queue isn't correctly updated to reflect the name change in most cases, doh!
6) Quickly queuing file(s) will lead to duplication of the file(s) at the end of the playlist editor
7) Up/Down buttons inverted on Queue Management pages
8) MAC mode not honouring 'current' song correctly from here
9) On end of queue standby & hibernate options not working/swapped
10) Favourite views -> the right-click menu affecting the current queue and not the favourite playlist (the evils of shared code)
11) Not correctly registering keyboard shortcuts as per 5.53+ api specifications

New features to implement:
1) Better localisation support via unicode lang files and customisation off dialog resources (dialog handling is implemented now)
2) 'Linked queues' from here (a 1.5 feature maybe?)
3) Playback excluder integration (still uncertain if this is better kept as a standalone plugin or not - then again i'm getting lazy and installing 2 plugins on clean installs is a pain )
4) Playback Scheduler (a 2.0 feature maybe?)
5) Improve speed of queuing larger selections (have too much duplicated processing going on currently)
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:26   #972
Daniel_Sturza

@DrO
I've recorded a video of how this "bug" occurs.
In the first part I press "q" slowly (you can see how the title is added the end of playlist also), then a little bit faster (when winamp crash). Perhaps it'll help you.
http://stashbox.org/495899/2342009_175_20.zip
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:18   #973
jph6t
Major Dude

JTFE v1.0.x - lang file v2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
And here is the example language file (same as that posted to the xlat list)
for use with the v1.0.x builds of the plugin - example file
Sorry it took me so long to update the existing (v1.8) US language file.
Attached below is the updated 2.0 version.

jtfe_english (american) v2.0

Please PM me if you find any omissions or errors.
NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!
Attached Files
File Type: zip jtfe_english (american) v2.0.zip (2.5 KB, 180 views)
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:56   #974
jph6t
Major Dude

JTFE v1.0.5 - 'Rename Favourite' Bug

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
1.0.5 (Build 779) is out::
I just installed JTFE v1.0.5 and noticed the following bug:
  1. While focused on the "Queue Manager" right-click and select "Add to favourite queue".
  2. Select the newly created Favorite Queue, right-click and select "Rename Favourite".
  3. Change the number at the end of the name and hit Enter (or select the "Ok" button).
The name as it appears in the left frame of the ML will NOT change.
  1. Select this same Favorite Queue, right-click and select "Rename Favourite".
The original value will still appear in the "Rename Favourite Queue" window.

Note however that if you have multiple Favorite Queues and delete one other than the one you just created, that the list of Favorite Queues will refresh and display the updated name.

Can you replicate this issue DrO?

PS: Thanks for all the recent updates DrO!
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:05   #975
DrO

Daniel_Sturza: the video really helped as i was a bit confused just what you were doing from your post. i've been able to reproduce part off the issue on my old p3 laptop but haven't been able to get it to crash though i wasn't able to get it to consistantly fail in way the video shows.

jph6t: thanks for the updated language file, will roll it into the next installer. i've been thinking off making the americanised version a native form in some way so when it is in the 'auto' mode but i'd need to think it through a bit more as i don't want to have to specify anything for myself to have it britified

as for the favourite queue naming issue, i'm seeing that as well now for the right-click menu, when done in the view it is working fine - is most likely something in the code cleanup before 1.0 that i broke but hopefully is an easy fix.

-daz
Old 24th April 2009, 01:37   #976
Ruramuq

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
can you confirm if when you're doing it with manual advance enabled, is winamp already playing at the time?
It happens even if Winamp is not playing anything. Can't see anything else suspicious. But I think this is happening at least in the last couple of releases/updates of Winamp.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:53   #977
Daniel_Sturza

@DrO
I've made some more tests ... and it seems the problem does not resides in gen_jumpex.dll.
If I click a title -> right click -> "Jump to file" -> "Queue selected" nothing bad happens (no crash, no added titles to playlist). And I did this (using a script) at a rate of 370-380 clicks/minute (after 10 minutes of script running I had 3784 entries in queue).
So perhaps this "bug" is not your fault after all. If you also think the same, please forward this problem to whoever you know is entitled/capable to fix it.
Thank you.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:00   #978
DrO

@Daniel_Sturza: i've sent you a test build which i'm hoping will resolve the quick 'q' issue - looks like i'd left enabled some legacy code that hasn't been needed since i improved some other areas (inbetween the 1.0x release and the later 0.99x builds). hopefully it'll all be ok with the newer version for you *fingers crossed*

@Ruramuq: i've still to properly check out the issue but i've not forgotten about it

-daz
Old 16th May 2009, 16:20   #979
Daniel_Sturza

YES !!! It works
At a rate of 240-250 queue requests/sec processor usage stays at 5% , no added titles to playlist, no crashes ...
You've done well I only hope you didn't spent too much time and energy on this.
Thank you again for your support.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:33   #980
DrO

that's good to hear! thanks for the quick reply

-daz
Old 28th June 2009, 15:36   #981
karl.ranseier

I found out:

When I have checked "Allow 'Move after current' to move files as a list" and then add by drag & drop a file above the momentary played song, the "active" (or highlighted) song is always the one above the new one. But still the right song is played.

Is this intended?
karl.ranseier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 06:49   #982
bemymonkey

Is anyone else having a problem with JTFE's highlighting when queuing large amounts of songs?

Sometimes when I select, say 10 songs and then press Q, all the songs get queued (checked in the queue manager), but don't become highlighted in the playlist editor.

Screenshot below.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...key/jtfe-2.gif

Not exactly a horrible bug, but it did confuse me for a few minutes

This is a relatively clean install, with the Essentials Pack and Tagger installed.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 07:39   #983
evgom

Don't work "Queue album from playlist"

JTFE 1.05
Winamp 5.56
S.O. Windows XP

I hope quickly fix the bug. This feature its my favorite
evgom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 18:25   #984
DrO

bemymonkey: i wouldn't call a 10 song queue large. however if you select them in the queue window, pressing space should flash it's position in the playlist as this may be related to some other things that have been fixed with the 1.0.6 build of the plugin (which had been intended to ship with 5.56 but i've only just found out that has been released...)

karl.ranseier: you're going to need to provide me with a bit clearer info on how you're doing this as i'm not able to reproduce this with the ways i've tried.

evgom: you've given me no information with which to work on. is there even a playlist in the folder of the file that you're trying to do this action on as it's a feature request to deal with cases where there's no playlist in the folder.

-daz
Old 5th July 2009, 20:57   #985
bemymonkey

Hmmm, I should have chosen my words more carefully - I meant "more than one song"

Like I said, it's nothing more than a minor annoyance, really - just thought you should know. Thanks for all the hard work and great help around the forum :thumbsup:

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 5th July 2009, 21:23   #986
DrO

pm sent

-daz
Old 6th July 2009, 15:26   #987
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
pm sent

-daz
Testing... testing.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10th July 2009, 13:03   #988
vovchik23

DrO,

Have a problem with using JTFE under limited windows accounts.

I'm used that after clicking on media files in Windows Explorer they are enqueued into the playlist and played.

If check option "General Preferences -> File Types -> Shell Options -> Set Enqueue & play as the default file action" I've got such a behaviour only under admin account. Under users account after clicking on the file I get a strange item "QUEUE" in the playlist then desirable media file and no playing of it.

Whats the matter with it? Is it possible to fix this?

Option "General Preferences -> File Types -> Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer" checked.

Thanks for the nice plugin
vovchik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 13:33   #989
bemymonkey

Hi DrO, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue any more... looks like it's gone away (although it was relatively hard to reproduce in the first place - relatively unreliable).

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10th July 2009, 13:57   #990
DrO

vovchik23: it's an area of the plugin that i need to work on since anything to do with the registry with a restricted account is likely to go wrong. is on the todo list but not sure when i'm going to get it resolved. then again, if it's allowing you to see the 'QUEUE' entry (which is meant to be swallowed up by the plugin) i'm wondering if running as a restricted account is prevent some of the interfacing. will look into it as soon as i can but really can't say when that'll be at the moment.

bemymonkey: i think it relates to the work i did trying to resolve Daniel_Sturza's issues as there were a number of race conditions going on that were messing with the internal cache (like the one i've found in the shift+r option for queueing and randomising the playlist a few times in quick succession).

Kn0tte: i did try getting my XP64 box running but it looks like the install is hosed and i'm struggling to find the time to get it reinstalled/fixed so i can test it out (not helped that it's a basic box and most of the hardware doesn't have proper XP64 drivers *shrugs* ).

-daz
Old 12th July 2009, 17:09   #991
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DrO: I understand. Take the time you need.
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 06:47   #992
evgom

Quote:
Originally posted by evgom
Don't work "Queue album from playlist"

JTFE 1.05
Winamp 5.56
S.O. Windows XP

I hope quickly fix the bug. This feature its my favorite
This option don't work anymore. In previous versions this option work correctly but, in the ultimate 2 releases not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg queue album from playlist.jpg (66.9 KB, 151 views)
Old 15th July 2009, 08:00   #993
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
evgom: you've given me no information with which to work on. is there even a playlist in the folder of the file that you're trying to do this action on as it's a feature request to deal with cases where there's no playlist in the folder.
i need more information (as requested) to work with as i've tried it on my Vista and XP machines and it's working as expected when there is and isn't a playlist present in the folder of the file(s) selected.

-daz
Old 16th July 2009, 22:47   #994
evgom

well... what more information you need?

i have 16591 tracks in my library, and all tracks its in currently playlist (default playlist).

i tried delete and add the library, but don't work.
i tried clean installation but don't work.
the same error happen in another pc with xp.

thx.
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:02   #995
PhilM

My apologies if this is the wrong thread, but it seems like the appropriate place to discuss "bugs". Not entirely sure if this is a problem on my end or on the plugin's.

Previously, I would toggle the "Jump to File" dialog box (ctrl-alt-J, as it were), and queue a file up and things would be good. The file would proceed to have a number after it and it would appear in the queue list. As of late, I follow this same simple procedure but it takes a lot longer to "refresh" the list of MP3s. I will provide my relevant system specs on the bottom including the Winamp version currently being used. Has anyone else run into this problem? My playlist has not grown substantially in the past couple of weeks. I've maybe added 100-200 songs at best. Thanks in advance for any help!

If this post is in the wrong spot, please let me know and I will post in the appropriate section.

Specs and Software Versions:
Phenom 940
8GB RAM
320GB Velociraptor (HDD where winamp is located)
1.5TB Seagate (HDD where MP3s are located)
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Winamp 5.56
PhilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 22:22   #996
DrO

PhilM: apologies for the slow response. what size is the playlist in total and also are the limiting features enabled (and if so what is the limit set at).

i'm not aware of any real changes that would have caused a noticeable slow down though things still seem to be nippy for me on my A64 3200+ main dev machine (and it's pretty much instant on my E7300 @ 3.66Ghz based box) both with a 7000 track playlist in a classic skin.

-------------------------------------------------------

general update on development is that points #1, #10 & #11 from this post need to be resolved before i'll release the next version (and if i can setup my XP64 box again i'll look into #4 again as well but with two reports compared to some of the other issues it is at the bottom of the list). the next build is mainly a bug-fix release from things found from the 1.0.x line now it's been out in the open for a while but there are what i hope are a few little additions that will make using the queue features easier (i hope - i know they do for me).

[edit - 31/07/09]
make that #10 & #11 to sort out now as #1 was confirmed as fixed last night, yipee

-daz
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:56   #997
PhilM

DrO, just got your response. Haven't been back in here in a couple days. First off: thank you. Looks like it has to do with me attempting to queue a file while the entirety of the playlist is in the window. The refresh time is roughly 1-2 seconds. Performing a specific search eliminates these delays entirely. I don't know why it's still taking a while to refresh... seems strange, but I'm not a programmer, so my ignorance could be taking the lead on that one. haha

In any event, looks like my problem is my own. Thank you for the response. And for the record, "jump to file" is the best plugin - if you will; seems more like an integral part of the experience to me - is awesome. Thanks so much for all your time and effort that goes into this project.

If you have any thoughts or ideas as to a way to remedy the refresh time - or if you just want to tell me to suck it up and deal with it - let me know. haha. Thanks!
PhilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 23:57   #998
thewang767

Before I downgraded to Winamp 5.53, I used to be able to hit "J" and search for a song on my playlist (5000+ songs). The JTFE search window would display the playlist entry number: ####. Artist - Album - Song. I've upgraded back to 5.552 and was wondering how I could get that back.
thewang767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 21:22   #999
DrO

thewang767: if you right-click on the search list, there is a 'display position in playlist' option which i think is what you're looking for.

Kn0tte: it all depends if i can get the box to install XP 64 correctly as i've currently spent the last 3 hours trying to get it to just run the install process after swapping out different memory modules. so we shall see...

-daz
Old 8th September 2009, 20:02   #1000
dj_titan

I'm having a problem with JTFE. From what I read, this plugin is suposed to enqueue a media file into winamp playlist (not deleting the previously played file) and play the file at the same time, is that right? It seems it's working only on playlists for me. Do I need to change some settings?, how do i need to set to make it work? If this plugin works like i think, I'm very grateful.
dj_titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion