Old 10th January 2004, 12:19   #81
mark
Forum King

I'm mark, and im not an alcoholic. ( ^ although i drink milk...)
Erm..... Damn, I can never find much to say about myself..

well, Im 15. Live a short walk from outlawjim (rik) in belfast, northern Ireland.

My favorite band right now is megadeth, but i have a new favorite practically every week. As a general rule, im into metal, rock, 80s rock and a bit of punk. I dont haev a favorite movie, but i like star wars, lord of the rings, etc.

I'd be a pacifist if i couldl hold my temper.

If I grow up, i want to be a spaceman!
actually, Im more suited to a job in computing...

I've finally decided to put my picture in the post yer picture thread, so I'll do that today.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 12:22   #82
mark
Forum King

oh yeah, and i firmly believe i deserve a CT....
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 21:07   #83
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Now wouldn't it be funny if your CT was "I firmly believe I deserve a CT"?

Milk is always good for a growing lad.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 21:18   #84
psyfive
Forum King

My name is Jon. I am a 21 year old male. I live in Denver, Colorado. I drive a school bus for a living. I am single but I am in love with a girl who lives around 400 miles away.
psyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 09:10   #85
slideyfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drooling Dog View Post
I spend the vast majority of my free time training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Sorry for the necro (my pattern of posting on here tends to be "something is wrong with my Winamp. Ah, forum has the answer when I google the problem! And oh yeah, haven't logged in for a long while..."), but now I'm curious, especially as this is one of the few threads that pops up when I search 'Brazilian jiu jitsu'.

Anyway, in In the unlikely event Drooling Dog is still subscribed to this thread, are you still training? 2004 was still fairly early days for BJJ in the US, so you would have been in the second or possibly third wave of Americans taking it up (if we're not counting the comparatively very small group of non-Brazilians that trained in the '80s and early '90s, pre-UFC).
slideyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 00:48   #86
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
Wow... I'm 30 years old now. Work at Walmart and like working on my car(94 Corolla).

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:41   #87
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

I live in music city usa now!
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 01:34   #88
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Currently live in Calgary, Alberta... I work for the railroad. I've given my soul to this company and have lost any and all social life I once had.

I no longer have hobbies, I only work.

With the amount I work, I still cannot stay in the positive month to month.

I'm stuck.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 01:44   #89
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

That sucks.

ShyShy and I were looking at moving from Australia to Canada. Maybe we could do a Trading Places type thing...?

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 01:55   #90
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
That sucks.

ShyShy and I were looking at moving from Australia to Canada. Maybe we could do a Trading Places type thing...?
Sure man, I'm clearing about $3800 CAD a month after taxes. Rent is 1375 in a nice two bedroom basement suite that doesn't have a functioning toilet because the landlords insist that it works.

Will you be taking on my insurmountable debt as well? Because that's the rest of your paycheque. Oh and don't screw up at the food bank and reveal how much you make because free food is based on monthly income and not monthly expenses.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 6th March 2015, 03:14   #91
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Last I saw of you was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-db View Post
Well it looks like I've gotten the start I want finally...

Even though this place shutting down I have found some great employment. I now work for a company that deals with offloading brand new cars off of trains. They are then stored in the yard for a bit and then are delivered via truck and trailer to their respective dealer ships.

It's a pretty sweet gig, the crew I work with is great and hell I get to drive a variety of brand new cars every day!
You were trying to get together a deposit for a mortgage; If you are in debt other than a mortgage... there's your problem.

The mortgage on our unit (in which three people and two cats live) is ~780 CAD per month – 595 CAD/mth less than your rent. My take-home salary, which varies due to intermittent periods working in "Higher Duties" roles, is between 3500 and 4150 AUD per 4 weeks, which is comparable with your pay. Assuming your pay covers just you, I would estimate that the ~$600/mth difference would be just about swallowed up by my pay covering an additional adult and one teenager.

Aside from the mortgage, we have zero debts. Our cars are paid off, and... that's about it. Our recent USA trip was funded from the mortgage – I pay $270/mth extra into the mortgage to pay that back.

We're barely getting by at the moment, as we have only one income stream. What will help us, and what may help you, is to add another income to the equation. Either hooking up and living with a girl, or living with a platonic housemate. Split that rent bill in half.

Some of the above may be of some assistance to you, or not. I don't know.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 09:05   #92
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
Last I saw of you was this:

You were trying to get together a deposit for a mortgage; If you are in debt other than a mortgage... there's your problem.

The mortgage on our unit (in which three people and two cats live) is ~780 CAD per month – 595 CAD/mth less than your rent. My take-home salary, which varies due to intermittent periods working in "Higher Duties" roles, is between 3500 and 4150 AUD per 4 weeks, which is comparable with your pay. Assuming your pay covers just you, I would estimate that the ~$600/mth difference would be just about swallowed up by my pay covering an additional adult and one teenager.

Aside from the mortgage, we have zero debts. Our cars are paid off, and... that's about it. Our recent USA trip was funded from the mortgage – I pay $270/mth extra into the mortgage to pay that back.

We're barely getting by at the moment, as we have only one income stream. What will help us, and what may help you, is to add another income to the equation. Either hooking up and living with a girl, or living with a platonic housemate. Split that rent bill in half.

Some of the above may be of some assistance to you, or not. I don't know.

Haha thanks man.

I'm just stressing because the slow times at work have not stopped yet like they did last year.

I should be making a lot more. I'm currently paying off a car at a stupid, STUPID, interest rate. I was able to get my self a better deal but it's still terrible. Been trying to talk with my lender on making this more manageable because I pretty much pay $1500 CAD a month for my vehicle (insurance and fuel included) don't get enough work to pay more than the minimum and the minimum is pretty high. That post you quoted was when I was still on probation making a very different amount an hour than I am now. Back then was when I got the car. After a $7 raise, give me less than 40 hours a week? I starve. Three months of very little work has darned near killed me.

Whole reason I got the car was to improve my credit so that I can apply for a mortgage. lol

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions