Old 25th August 2003, 04:38   #1
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Post Quality = Garbage?? Fuck 'em.

Many people on this forum, more as of late have been posting the stupidest shit that doesn't even deserve to be in GD. But what's worse is that people post in their dumb-ass threads to tell them to stop posting crap. I say fuck 'em.

They obviously won't listen because 3/4 of the first page of GD is trash. Then after someone tells them to stop, we see 50 more people tell them to stop also. Shit, just report the post to a moderator, that's what it's there for.

But of course we can't even start a serious discussion without having some fuckhead posting dumbassed pictures, and derailing the thread. I wish we had a serious discussion forum so I, or you for that matter wouldn't have to deal with this crap.

Oh and, yes I started the "Rate The Avatar Above You Game" thread, but only in fun. You can really see who post pumps bu looking at that thread because there is usually a select few who post most often in it.
Old 25th August 2003, 04:44   #2
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Ask the mods. I'ev been using the report this post feature a lot lately. but I agree with GoldenSphynx, I think some of what goes on here is a bit ridiculous, but still, this has all been said before, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 25th August 2003, 04:51   #3
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Re: Post Quality = Garbage?? Fuck 'em.

Quote:
They obviously won't listen because 3/4 of the first page of GD is trash. Then after someone tells them to stop, we see 50 more people tell them to stop also. Shit, just report the post to a moderator, that's what it's there for.
Yes, but if they hit the report this post to a moderator button they wouldnt get to post there one line response. Basically, post pumping without looking like post pumping - a lot of people here are masters at it.

Quote:
But of course we can't even start a serious discussion without having some fuckhead posting dumbassed pictures, and derailing the thread. I wish we had a serious discussion forum so I, or you for that matter wouldn't have to deal with this crap.
This is why i've been campaigning for a general tech support forum, so i wouldnt need to even bother checking GD.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:07   #4
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Part of the problem is the fact that the mods join in with the puimping. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....29#post1063229

hard for them to say 'stop it!' when their own kind partakes in it.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:11   #5
Germ
rules all things

That's not post pumping dude... people that don't give a shit about post counts can't "post pump".
Old 25th August 2003, 05:15   #6
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
That's not post pumping dude... people that don't give a shit about post counts can't "post pump".
that is how I feel, but I still get yelled @ for pumping.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:19   #7
Germ
rules all things

Screw em... Every single one of them does it or has done it.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:22   #8
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Screw em... Every single one of them does it or has done it.
Sad, but true. We are all guilty of "pumping" somewhere. Bring back post bump! keekeekee!
Old 25th August 2003, 05:25   #9
Germ
rules all things

I've never...
Old 25th August 2003, 05:26   #10
Germ
rules all things

Ever... post pumped.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:33   #11
sammythemc

Send a message via AIM to sammythemc
hehehe...
Goldensphynx has been spoiled by disputus. I think a serious discussion forum would be good here, but I don't know if people would respect the idea enough and refrain from posting garbage.
Old 25th August 2003, 05:34   #12
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

well u can always come to a "online community likeAjstone.org ( shameless plug I know )" that's focused on discussion...
the forums here are more of an "extra" incentive.. I don't think they ever meant for it to be a online community with discussions focusing on anything other than winamp product.. this was just a fluke.. a nice one but still this wasn't the main purpose of this place. it was just a "blah" whatever area.. ( I could be wrong though)
so one can't expect alot in terms of a community enviroment and this is why there are places dedicated to this form of comunication.. i agree with what you say though.. i don't bother joining in the " stop posting crudy threads" talks cause.. well its so old its boring, i just moove on to the next thread and hope for the best.. or just chuk it and joke right back
Old 25th August 2003, 06:10   #13
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Or just get drunk and post stupid thoughts on the weather that nobody pays attention to anyway.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Old 25th August 2003, 13:24   #14
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sammythemc
hehehe...
Goldensphynx has been spoiled by disputus. I think a serious discussion forum would be good here, but I don't know if people would respect the idea enough and refrain from posting garbage.
<shamless self promotion>
I have no life, I could mod it and just keep the crap out. I am on here enough so that not much woudl be able to slip though my watchful eye
</shameless self promotion>
Old 25th August 2003, 13:31   #15
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
This thread seems to have been quite well derailed, well done you mindless mass wich writhes far below the standard member itelegence, you have done well in you irrataing asswipe duties, here have a bucket of bullshit.

I am not having a good day as you can probably tell, GS created this thread for a purpose, get back to it.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Old 25th August 2003, 14:23   #16
mark
Forum King

i dont think its off topic at all, vie.
Old 25th August 2003, 16:08   #17
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

the thing is, this thread has no real topic. It was just a rant about the quality of the threads in GD. Why GS didnt jsut find one of the other dozen or so threads to place this in is beyond me. Everyone says GD is crap, everyone says "I wil do my part to help out!" Everyone holds everyone but themselvs to that. Bottom line, we all want this place to get better, but few are willing to put in the effort to change it. We can whine, bitch, moan, whatever we want, it doesn't make a shit of difference. Personally, I've decided to keep how I post the same, maybe try to cut out a little bit of the crap, but in general i'll just post what I want, weher it be serious, or a little bit of humour thrown in here and there. If I find something I feel excessive, I report it to the mods and let them take care of. There is nothing more I can do about that. I've actualyl stopped saying "wow, that was a shit post." So in a sence I haev improved. There is a thread in WA3 skins where a new member posted 3 times in a row, and I asked him to use the edit button, then I answered his question, and told him if he had any more questions to PM me so that we wouldn't derail the thread any further. Not saying I am perfect, but I am doing a lot better than "hey assfuck n00b! Use the freakni edit button for mike's sake!" Basicly, this thread was going downhill from teh fist post. The mods would be smart to lock it since everyhitng that can and will be said in here has already been said in other threads just like this one.
Old 25th August 2003, 16:31   #18
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
the thing is, this thread has no real topic. It was just a rant about the quality of the threads in GD. ...
well for some time there has been a place for threads like this..(( Bitch List ))
Old 25th August 2003, 16:41   #19
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

Re: Post Quality = Garbage?? Fuck 'em.

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenSphynx
Many people on this forum, more as of late have been posting the stupidest shit that doesn't even deserve to be in GD. But what's worse is that people post in their dumb-ass threads to tell them to stop posting crap. I say fuck 'em.

Oh and, yes I started the "Rate The Avatar Above You Game" thread, but only in fun. You can really see who post pumps bu looking at that thread because there is usually a select few who post most often in it.
Go somewhere else. I've tried and failed to get anything done about this, and it's annoyed me intensely at times. The mods in this forum are complicit with what's going on, so reporting the post isn't going to help (I sound rather bitter about this - I'm not - I respect the mods' views here and I'm not going to complain). That's the score, if you don't like it go somewhere else .

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Old 25th August 2003, 16:49   #20
HarsH

Send a message via AIM to HarsH
in my view, the gd is an excellent group of forums. have a look at the bullet-in boards on www.guinnessworldrecords.com now is the most post-pumping i've seen in my entire life.

anyway, all these pumped up forums will eventually sink into the abyss of the archive, to eventually be unearthed by some unsuspecting n00b.

perhaps if people used the report this post to moderator option more often, the forums might be a better place for your opinions.
Old 25th August 2003, 16:55   #21
teh Nightwing

Send a message via Yahoo to teh Nightwing
Remember when off topic forums were all about "domokuns, and starwars kid"? Those were the day.........

www.joellindow.com
Old 25th August 2003, 18:22   #22
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Re: Re: Post Quality = Garbage?? Fuck 'em.

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Go somewhere else. I've tried and failed to get anything done about this, and it's annoyed me intensely at times. The mods in this forum are complicit with what's going on, so reporting the post isn't going to help (I sound rather bitter about this - I'm not - I respect the mods' views here and I'm not going to complain). That's the score, if you don't like it go somewhere else .
I have gone somewhere else for the most part. I just keep coming back here for skinlove and some tech support. But it would be nice to look over GD and actually have an interest in reading some of the topics.
Old 25th August 2003, 20:21   #23
Ghoti

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
Sad, but true. We are all guilty of "pumping" somewhere. Bring back post bump! keekeekee!
Heh! I'm pumping the post as we speak!

nnnnnnnnnnnngah!

Whoa! You see it too?!
Old 25th August 2003, 20:49   #24
Raz
Forum King

I went on a large search spree and was getting all the threads like this in a list, i had around 15 and i just couldn't be arsed anymore. Just know that there's a lot. This thread is as useless as the rest in that nothing will change from it and it's been done before. More times than the spam threads.

Old 25th August 2003, 21:08   #25
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

http://www.beefcake.org.uk/nukegd/index.php

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Old 25th August 2003, 22:32   #26
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
http://www.beefcake.org.uk/nukegd/index.php
Supprisingly I have very few posts in those threads listed.
Old 26th August 2003, 10:48   #27
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Yeah thats right! I Agree!

I'm Back?
Old 26th August 2003, 13:04   #28
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Moving this to the bitchlist, since you've all one such a good job of turning it into such a thread

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 26th August 2003, 20:27   #29
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

fuck ethan's post i almost broke my tongue reading.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Old 26th August 2003, 21:24   #30
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

coman, you sig is 3 lines to big. Please edit.
Old 29th August 2003, 05:55   #31
godoncrack
Forum King

there are times when i think i do to many drugs
then i meet people such as these
and i realize i don't do enough
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist