Old 26th August 2003, 00:51   #1
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Sonic Attitude

What do you guys think of this? The volume and balance bars are very animated. Eventually I will post a wsz for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (24.6 KB, 442 views)
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 01:03   #2
Ghoti

Not my preference, but I'm sure there's some game-sters out there who'd like it.

Whoa! You see it too?!
Ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 01:47   #3
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Nice so far. Could use more rings. And what's a Sonic skin without those loop-de-loops? Gotta find a way to include that.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 01:53   #4
Namelessv1
Forum King

Sweet.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 01:58   #5
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

You gonna throw in Dr. Robotnik in there somewhere? He's my favorite.
GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 02:00   #6
LuigiHann
Forum King

Ah, the loop-de-loops. Maybe one of the other windows, like the minibrowser. :| We'll see.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
Old 26th August 2003, 02:03   #7
xenosomething
Major Dude

wheres super sonic?

i was playing sonic 3 a few hours before you posted this.....weird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sonic.jpg (40.6 KB, 241 views)
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 02:50   #8
LuigiHann
Forum King

Ahh, you people and your requests! Keep in mind, the average winamp button is like 20 pixels tall, and the average Sonic sprite is like 40 pixels tall. (And Dr Robotnic's stupid spaceship is like 7,000 pixels tall) But I'm workin on it, and I'm glad you guys like it. I'll try to fit everything in, but this won't be one of my cram-everything-in-fests like some of my more ugly skins are. This one is all about the style and the attitude.
Attached Files
File Type: wsz sonicattitude.wsz (28.3 KB, 186 views)
Old 26th August 2003, 05:52   #9
zwylle

Another masterpiece coming on
I like the volume animation, although it could be a tad slower and the EQ bars need some more action.
zwylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 07:56   #10
StillWater
Forum King

hehe, I've just been making a game skin where all the sprites have to be shrinked and somehow made to look good. Those little winamp buttons get frustrating - I feel your pain

-The volume and blance animations are cool ideas, but at the moment they're just a little hard to make out. Maybe if the grass was lower...

-I'm thinking that sonic would look cooler on the EQ if he was all blurred (doesn't he get blurred when he runs really fast? or is that my poor memory?)

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 08:17   #11
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by StillWater
hehe, I've just been making a game skin where all the sprites have to be shrinked and somehow made to look good. Those little winamp buttons get frustrating - I feel your pain

Is that the current flavour of the month, 'cos I've just spent the last week doing exactly the same, game skin + Shrink sprites = comprimise.

Gawd, I hope you are not doing the same one as me......
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 14:59   #12
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Gawd, I hope you are not doing the same one as me......
I wouldn't think so. My one is pretty old (it's an EGA game), but I'm putting my money on you skinning a game that pre-dates even EGA

///hmm, I said that because of various avatars you've had in the past, and because you loved the Space Invaders skin so much. But if you need to shrink the sprites, I guess that means it's probably not that old a game . Hmmm, well, if you're making a Commander Keen 4 skin, don't be telepathically stealing any of my ideas!

btw, Jones, you mentioned somewhere before that 'you wouldn't put too much effort into skinning the MB if you were us'. I don't know how much concrete info you have about the future of the skin engine, or how much you are allowed to divulge, but...is the MB.BMP really getting scrapped? I ask, because, well, I was going to put a lot of effort into this one, but....

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Old 26th August 2003, 15:04   #13
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by StillWater
I wouldn't think so. My one is pretty old (it's an EGA game), but I'm putting my money on you skinning a game that pre-dates even EGA

Your 100% correct, I'm skinning something that even pre-dates PC's, probably

I'm currently locked into the year 1984 for my inspiration....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 17:32   #14
Mr_007
Banned

Oh very good skin!
my some time game sonic 3!
Mr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 17:57   #15
LuigiHann
Forum King

Ooh, other game skins... interesting. I'll be happy to see them all, as long as the comments aren't all: "Wow, it's about time somebody made a good old video game skin LMAO"
It always annoys me when other people get those comments. Anyway, I don't feel like changing my volume/balance bars, unless you really need me to... And I don't think Sonic ever /actually/ got blurry, but I may be wrong. His feet do strech out tho. And do you think I should have the "sparkle" effect through the whole EQ bar, or should I try to find a different animation?

Old 26th August 2003, 18:26   #16
StillWater
Forum King

I'm sure you could find a separate little animation to put at the bottom as well as the rings. Or you could just, as you said, put the sparkle throughout the EQ, because the sparkle looks cool. Or you could do both!

Old 28th August 2003, 17:13   #17
LuigiHann
Forum King

update

It's still not done, so lots of stuff still looks pretty crappy. I just want to see if I can get some feedback on some of the buttons and windows I've added. And I put in a pretty weird balance egg, too.
Attached Files
File Type: wsz sonicadd.wsz (62.5 KB, 187 views)
Old 28th August 2003, 18:48   #18
StillWater
Forum King

The remove stack is great! Though Sonic is too big in the topmost one (the one where he is in a ball). That stack is kind of similar to one in my Commander Keen skin, which I'll probably post a WSZ of soon. Don't think I ripped of your idea

the Video buttons sure are hard to use if you don't know what they do off by heart

All of the new buttons look pretty cool, though it's pretty hard to make a lot of them out. It would probably be different if I was more familiar with the game.

It's quite unclear whether shuffle and repeat are on or off. Partly because the animation is very sublte, and partly because the red crap blends in somewhat to the brown background.

Old 28th August 2003, 22:14   #19
zwylle

I agree with Stillwater on the ShufRep, maybe a different background like a tree on that place would make it more visible. The animation of it is pretty cool.
Hope the GEN design is just temporarily, worth a try to make rounded buttons, in my opinion it just doesnt work out. The yellow is a little disturbing too.
Hope the above doesnt sound too hard, but I am really spoiled from your previous skins
I like the playslist stacks with the animations over yellow circle. Good usability for that!
zwylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 03:13   #20
LuigiHann
Forum King

It's been a long time, but I finally pulled it up and finished it. I didn't change anything that was finished, I just finished the unfinished parts. Check it out if you liked it.
http://www.1001winampskins.com/skin_...l?skin_id=3344 or
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8271579/ Check out the cursors! I was going to have no cursors, and changed my mind at the last minute.

Old 21st June 2004, 14:13   #21
HaloHQ

Awesome skin. You improved alot of things I didnt like in the previous versions, like the C buttons and some other things. The cursers are awesome, especially the one to move the main window. The only thing I'm not sure is the playlist colors.. but still a very good skin.
HaloHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 15:08   #22
HaloHQ

I really liked how you used the loops in the video window, so I changed up the playlist a little and added them to that. Looks pretty cool.
Attached Images
File Type: gif playlist change.gif (18.5 KB, 185 views)
HaloHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 19:05   #23
LuigiHann
Forum King

Wow, that actually came out quite well. If I ever have any reason to update this skin again, Maybe I'll do that. Right now, unfortunately, I've marked it "done" and moved on.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins