Old 20th February 2004, 00:36   #1
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

"The old good racism"

Is it justified to insult a certain race if you belong to that race?

Cause I'm sick of this.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:39   #2
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
you can't be racist against yourself. i think that's the mentality behind it.

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:40   #3
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I think it's ok. It goes along with the "nobody beats up my litle brother but me" theology. (but then again, I make fun of all races, so what do I know?)
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:40   #4
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Of course not. If I was to call a black person a stupid c**n, then I am being rascist (as I am white). If I was black, I would just be being instuling.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:41   #5
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

I think there have been black people that have tried to join the KKK. I hate most white people(I'm white); I also hate most black people, but that's just because I hate stupid people who refuse to learn anything. NO matter what the race or skin color.

Procrastinators of the world unite!... Tomorrow!
Kinetik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:51   #6
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinetik*
I think there have been black people that have tried to join the KKK. I hate most white people(I'm white); I also hate most black people, but that's just because I hate stupid people who refuse to learn anything. NO matter what the race or skin color.

So your saying that black people are stupid and refuse to learn?? I know of quite a few that would disagree.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 00:54   #7
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinetik*
I also hate most black people
i think that's the keyword there.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Old 20th February 2004, 00:55   #8
Kinetik*
Forum Antagonist
(Major Dude)

Quote:
I hate most white people(I'm white); I also hate most black people, but that's just because I hate stupid people who refuse to learn anything
Next time: Read. You're just supporting my theory.

Procrastinators of the world unite!... Tomorrow!
Kinetik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 01:02   #9
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Re: "The old good racism"

Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
[]Is it justified to insult a certain race if you belong to that race?

Cause I'm sick of this.

what does that last senctance mean?

No sig here folks.
Old 20th February 2004, 01:06   #10
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
I belong to the human race, and I insult humanity all the time, so I'd say no.
As to the different skin colours etc., those are superficial, so I don't even mention them anymore (except when describing someone... it's easier) and I rarely think of myself or anyone else as "white" or "black" or etc. Why bother?

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Nimelennar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 01:10   #11
xzxzzx
Forum King

It's only racist if you're not white. You see, hating anyone but a white person is racist. At least, that's how it seems in the US.

By the way, certain races are stupider than others, but that's another thread.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 01:25   #12
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by GqSkrub
what does that last senctance mean?
That some talk shit about their races and people totally let it slide like it's perfectly ok. "oh he's black, he can say whatever he wants." If you didn't know this already - all people at one time were black because first people came from Africa. After many centuries people who lived in europe became white. And very slowly black people in US are becoming white. But that's like "duh", don't you see these people who are not black and not white but something in between. So where is the line between races. But I'm getting a little off topic here.

Black people owned black slaves, Jewish people served in the Nazi, so how you gonna tell it's ok for them to talk trash about their races? People have been getting away with this for far too long.

Old 20th February 2004, 01:34   #13
xzxzzx
Forum King

I hate racist people. I hate stupid people. I hate politically correct people. I hate incompetant people.

I also hate anyone who does not hate all of the people whom I hate.

:@

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 20th February 2004, 01:52   #14
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

Hate is fine, it's what you do about your hate that matters. If you want to hate any race, including your own, fine, but if you don't have anything intelligent to say as to why, then shut the fuck up. Even if you have a good reason, why not live and let live and just get the hell on with life?

Above all I hate myself, for it gives a place for my hate to lay without unwittingly interfering with the lives of others.

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 02:12   #15
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
It's only racist if you're not white. You see, hating anyone but a white person is racist. At least, that's how it seems in the US.

It does seem that way but Other races have worked long and hard to make life in the U.S. better for everyone through equal rights and opportunities for those who had none. Most white people don't think that there's still an equality problem here but there is. And since every race of color can count atleast once where they have been discriminated against by whites, its automatically assumed that "its only rasist if your white". Because "whites" technically created those rights in the first place, and its not right by anyone who have these rights just to have them stripped by the same race who thinks that he or she is above the law.

just my 2 cents.

-And we know that some races are smarter than some, but only because of the level of Education in that region.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 02:57   #16
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I don't see race, I hear heart.

As corny as it sounds, thats my take on the whole thing.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 03:03   #17
Starbucks
Forum King

Stupidity runs in every race. So when I say "God, that Asian guy is so fucking lame" It's okay because I'm insulting stupid people
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 03:23   #18
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
-And we know that some races are smarter than some, but only because of the level of Education in that region.
No, it has nothing to do with the level of Education. I'm talking raw processing power, here. Not Education level.

Evolution doesn't give a damn about making races equal, and it hasn't. There are people at a genetic (dis)advantage to others, and those genetic (dis)advantages tend to be clustered by race.

As for the rest of your post...

White people are more racist because their racism is more effective? What?

Old 20th February 2004, 04:19   #19
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
threads of a smiliar nature, that did not turn into a flame war. (not saying you should have searched, just saying these are interesting reads)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=128152
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=96197
Old 20th February 2004, 04:25   #20
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Fuck it all! What the hell is wrong with a world that gives us fodder for threads like this. Personally, i can't wait for the day mother nature takes back the earth.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 04:35   #21
mrharhar

Location: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From:
Quote:
No, it has nothing to do with the level of Education. I'm talking raw processing power, here. Not Education level.
Evolution doesn't give a damn about making races equal, and it hasn't. There are people at a genetic (dis)advantage to others, and those genetic (dis)advantages tend to be clustered by race.
Er... No.

It’s been proven that genetic differences between races are very very tiny. Genetically speaking the world is homogenous. A difference between a black man and a white man (for example) will exist, sure, but the difference between each of them and another member of their own race can be much greater, i.e. you could easily find 2 white people more different than the original pair.
The theory that different races are on different evolutionary branches is simply untrue.

-there is no signature-
mrharhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 04:47   #22
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:

As for the rest of your post...

White people are more racist because their racism is more effective? What?
i haev to agree with mrharah. I'd like to see your evidence.
Old 20th February 2004, 05:04   #23
xzxzzx
Forum King

Fine. What would you consider an adequate measurement of intelligence?

Old 20th February 2004, 05:36   #24
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
im not racist, i just hate people that act a certain way.

it just so happens that the majority of black people act like that..
but i also hate whites and asians that act like that too.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 06:19   #25
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

I don't think it's that people are insulting thier own race, and in turn themselves, more that they are insulting a particular subculture of thier own race.

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 08:11   #26
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Why do you (and too many other people) put so much emphasis on race?

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 13:02   #27
apollos
Forum King

I never understood the difference between nigger and nigga, since the general meaning is the same, whether it be changing the spelling or the way you say it *shrug*

I don't have issues with black people, I only have issues with individuals that give me a reason to have an issue with them.

But oh isn't it so easy to scapegoat a particular group, I am so sick of hearing "crime? must have been a black man"

oh well, hopefully people will wise up in time, western nations are supposed to be more liberal than ever anyway.
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 15:53   #28
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
originally posted by xzxzzx

Time to remove the first sentence from your sig i'd say!
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 17:06   #29
mrharhar

Location: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From:
The most racist jokes I've ever heard were said by Chris Rock. But he isn't being racist, you know why? Because he's black. He, and his audience, knows that the jokes are just jokes, and that the generalizations and racial slurs aren’t true. If a non-black man made the same jokes in front of the same audience he might well get lynched, why? Because their not black. It might be a joke about a racial slur (a la Chris R), or it might be a racial slur. You cant tell. You cant tell what the thought behind the comment was if he’s white, but if he’s black and saying something about niggers and crime, you know he knows its just a joke.
The same way you are allowed to make self depreciating comments that would be down right insulting if you said them about somebody else: Man, I look like I woke up in a dumpster. If you said that to a stranger on the street, on the other hand, he would likely be angry.
Its not that confusing, and its not that unfair.

If you’re attributing characteristics other than appearance based on skin color you’re a racist. If you say all people from somewhere, are a certain type, you’re a racist. If you think that people of a particular race act a certain way, you’re a racist. People act independent of skin color, they act the way they do because of the way that they were brought up, based on what they have seen and felt during their lives, not their Melanin concentration.

And thats all I have to say about that.

-there is no signature-
mrharhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 17:18   #30
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by mrharhar
The most racist jokes I've ever heard were said by Chris Rock. But he isn't being racist, you know why? Because he's black. He, and his audience, knows that the jokes are just jokes, and that the generalizations and racial slurs aren’t true. If a non-black man made the same jokes in front of the same audience he might well get lynched, why? Because their not black. It might be a joke about a racial slur (a la Chris R), or it might be a racial slur. You cant tell. You cant tell what the thought behind the comment was if he’s white, but if he’s black and saying something about niggers and crime, you know he knows its just a joke.
The same way you are allowed to make self depreciating comments that would be down right insulting if you said them about somebody else: Man, I look like I woke up in a dumpster. If you said that to a stranger on the street, on the other hand, he would likely be angry.
Its not that confusing, and its not that unfair.

If you’re attributing characteristics other than appearance based on skin color you’re a racist. If you say all people from somewhere, are a certain type, you’re a racist. If you think that people of a particular race act a certain way, you’re a racist. People act independent of skin color, they act the way they do because of the way that they were brought up, based on what they have seen and felt during their lives, not their Melanin concentration.

And thats all I have to say about that.

A white man should, one day, redo a chris rock act in the middle of new york, just to see what happened.

No sig here folks.
Old 20th February 2004, 18:29   #31
dam
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to dam
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4807020/

The above piece of art sums up my thoughts on racism.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 18:42   #32
marvinbarcelona
Major Dude

Quote:
Fine. What would you consider an adequate measurement of intelligence?
This is no intellectual difference between races, none at all. As was said previously, there is a difference between standards of education, but not races. To state otherwise is simply incorrect.

You ask what would be an adequate measurement of intelligence. I don't think there is a universal measrue of intelligence, or not what I've heard. However, if a normal white person, who was brought up in a middleclass home and went to college, was compared to a black person who was brought up in a poor African country, you might say that the white person is obviously more intelligent because they have a college degree. This is not a measure of intelligence, merely a measure of the wealth of the two societies each live in.

We have to relay on science. And science says there is an insignificant difference between any two races.

Again, to state otherwise is simply incorrect.

It's been said that I could start an arguement in an empty room.....I see no reason to disbelieve this.
marvinbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 18:58   #33
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

You might be able to arge that some races are better at certain tasks but that is really a property of a culture not a race.

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 19:05   #34
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Rasist jokes are normaly not funny, but I do make exceptions when people of that race or group find it funny.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 20:36   #35
Raz
Forum King

I dislike certain customs of certain races. I don't dislike the people because they are from this race, yet i do because they accept the customs that come with the race. If they ceased to accept these customs and lived their life the way they see fit then i would cease to dislike that person.

Could i be considered a racist?

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 21:19   #36
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by marvinbarcelona
You ask what would be an adequate measurement of intelligence. I don't think there is a universal measrue of intelligence, or not what I've heard.
This is why I asked the question I did.

If you consider that intelligence cannot be measured, and
therefore, not compared, how can I prove that certain races tend to be more intelligent than others?

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Time to remove the first sentence from your sig i'd say!

No, because while certain races may have a tendancy to be more intelligent than others, individual examples widly vary.

Basing any kind of social system on a person's race is simply stupid. Why? Because while it's better than random, it's much worse than a system based on individual merit.

Old 20th February 2004, 21:49   #37
marvinbarcelona
Major Dude

You stated that you thought some races were less intelligent than others, so really, it is down to you to offer the proof back up your statement.

I stated that intelligence cannot be measured because of the differences in social, economic and wealth status of two different races ie, one wealthy and with the advantages that brings and the other from a third world country with the disadvantages that brings. The intelligence, or lack of, of either race is unmeasurable because of this disparity between the two social, economic and wealth backgrounds.

If race has even some bearing on intelligence, then explain black academics. Ah, you may say, they are the exception, rather than the rule. But what proof might you offer to support an assumption that they are the exception, rather than the rule?

Truth be told, this theory that some races are more intelligent is another racial urban myth. It belongs in the dustbin along with;

All black men a rapists
Black people don't make good swimmers because they have heavier muscles
Japanesse all have bad eyesight.
All blacks are drug addicts
etc, etc, etc.

Its time these racial stereo-types were all cast into the dustbin, along with those who perpetrate them. Their day has come an gone, but some haven't noticed yet.

It's been said that I could start an arguement in an empty room.....I see no reason to disbelieve this.
marvinbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 22:28   #38
xzxzzx
Forum King

marvin: I can't prove something if you consider any proof invalid, due to the impossibility of measurement, can I?

I do not claim that all black people are stupider than all white people.

I claim that there is a genetic tendency for black people (in the US) to be stupider than white people (in the US).

This tendency is exactly that - a tendency.

Interestingly, if socio-economic status makes intelligence comparison impossible, you have no way of showing that races do not have differing intelligence levels.

You could, of course, argue that we must take those in the same socio-economic class, compare them for intelligence, but that assumes that socio-economic class is not based upon intelligence.

I'm afraid your position is as untenable as mine is, if intelligence levels between socio-economic classes are incomparable.

[edit]I em good spaling cahmpion![/edit]

Old 20th February 2004, 22:32   #39
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:

No, because while certain races may have a tendancy to be more intelligent than others,
Take a look at what you're saying.

What you're saying is unfounded, and just your personal theory - or not even - assumption. The brain is far too complex, and there are far too many types of intellectual strengths and weaknesses, for such a simplistic statement such as yours to be true.

Now, before you express such simplistic opinions, just think at what opinions like that have ever achieved: collonialism, oppresion, slavery, concentration camps.

Nothing good has ever come of people having such opinions. The fact that those opinions are simplistic and incorrect is a side issue!

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 22:33   #40
GqSkrub
Major Dude

A quick search on google yielded this

It says that IQ, our best approximation of intelligence, has basis on genetics. The question then, is if the social construct of "race" has any basis in genetics, which it, according to current science, does not.

THe problem with the statement that Races have different intelligence is controversial because of the word race, not intelliegence.

No sig here folks.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions