Old 25th January 2001, 04:50   #1
dj dlux

Send a message via AIM to dj dlux
Is anyone out there spinning live, like i want to do?
I JUST downloaded and config'd this thing and it's working (mostly!) but i'm not really interested in just playing mp3's from the HD. I imagine alli have to do is enable the Line-In plugin under Input Options, right? And, if you are doing that, is it possible to type the titles for each track during the session in the Edit dialog box? It sounds time consuming, but knowing what tracks the DJ is playing is half the fun! Any help is appreciated...peace...
dj dlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 08:16   #2
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

Hmm I can't think of a way off hand, sorry!

The only possible solution perhaps is to have something on your web site, and that would require you to write some code and stuff, but the title stream,, hmm no.

if anyone can figure out a good way to set the title stream by "hand" PLEASE tell me, our station wants to add (Requested by: <name>) when we are playing requests...

(I've racked my mind)

"Beer?"
THEMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 13:29   #3
wedgemusic

Wow, that is a good idea. I've never thought of doing something like that before. Hrmm... you could make a PHP page that send an ICY 401 header to the server with the song name. Any ideas on if that would work guys?
wedgemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 13:52   #4
RuphBear

Quote:
Originally posted by wedgemusic
Wow, that is a good idea. I've never thought of doing something like that before. Hrmm... you could make a PHP page that send an ICY 401 header to the server with the song name. Any ideas on if that would work guys?
This sounds like it would work as long as you set Shoutcast to not advertise to shoutcast.com.

Ruph
RuphBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 13:57   #5
wedgemusic

Now that we've decided it will work, who is going to do it? I'll go ahead and give it a shot today and we'll see how it goes...
wedgemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions