Old 19th January 2018, 16:36   #1
dwsowash

Is it SPAM?

I get alot of legenthy connections from clients.your-server.de
My understanding is that these addresses are hosted websites.
Are they just websites who have embedded my stream?
Or are they something more nefarious?
dwsowash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 17:59   #2
neralex
Major Dude

It makes no difference on which website the stream is embedded, because you will see only the user-agent of the application, which the user or the bot is using while listening to the stream.

This domain is an part of the Hetzner network, a huge hosting company in Germany. Connections like this are servers from their customers, which are are running bots to fetch your stream-titles, stream-stats etc. I got the same connections and after some research I found a radio directory of an mobile app-developement company, which are listing public streams on their radio app for Android and iOS.

http://live.audials.com/de#!radio/

They are providing on their website a "last played" section of each listed stream. They are using bots, which are connecting very fast to the stream, then checking the stream-title. These connections have a lot of faked user-agents.

In short - yes it is spam!
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 18:23   #3
dwsowash

Thanks for the reply.
Following your link I searched for my stream and sure enough they have it.

As long as there is no real threat and the stream is monetized, I guess it's a good thing.
dwsowash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:34   #4
sqgl

Both Hetzner and Zen IP addresses belong to Audials. Perhaps also Linode addresses but I have not verified.

Interesting to note that I have a Hetzner (Germany) server IP tuned in to the USA DNASv1 relay of my station displaying not only the current song but how many minutes and seconds in it is.

However when I go to the associated Audials page and click the playbutton I then show up in my logs as a listener on the Swiss DNSASv1 relay of that station of mine (even though it shows an Australian flag - my source is in AU bit I don' tknow how they knew that).

Both are relays of a DNASv2 station (which is the only one listed in the SC YP since v1 is officially ignored now).

That is my 128kbps stream, however cilcking PLAY on the Audials 64kbps stream has me showing up in my v2 logs which is no surprise since the bot is tuned into the v2 stream also. However it belongs to Zen not Hetzner. In fact I have two Zen IP's simultaneously connected to that stream.

These Zen and Heztner servers are interchangeable - I have had a bot from Zen drop out and then immediately after Hetzner will connect.

There is a Hetzner bot connected to one of my 96kbps streams but there is no 96k version of my station on Audials.

Remixing listener requests of ambient tracks live http://RePlayScape.com
sqgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 15:49   #5
sqgl

Hetzner also supplies a (useful) seven day playlist for OnLineRadioBox, eg my station.

Remixing listener requests of ambient tracks live http://RePlayScape.com
sqgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 22:44   #6
roids

you can send abuse to datacenter
roids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 19:33   #7
neralex
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqgl View Post
Hetzner also supplies...[/URL].
Take care - Hetzner is only an server/webspace provider and/or data center!
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
clients.your-server.de, spam