Old 21st August 2015, 13:22   #1
DavidPC10

ShoutCast d.n.a.s with Listen2myradio hosting issue

Hi,
So i starting streaming ShoutCast with Listen2myradio and its working fine, however no one else can't access my d.n.a.s which means they won't able to hear it on VLC Media Player, San Andreas Multiplayer Audio Stream etc.

It seem like whoever connected to my wifi can get access.

Is there something wrong or does it meant to do that? Because it's Listen2MyRadio's IP Address and strangely only my wifi can get access and i've already port forward.
DavidPC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 13:59   #2
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I wouldn't go expecting Miracles with Listen2MyRadio.....

Their servers were last time I checked still a pile of crap.

Pay for a shoutcast host then you have full control over the .pls file

You don't get that with L2MR they restrict other players on their firewall i think and expect people to tune in via a badly written lauch page.

JMHO!

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Blog - Twitter - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 10:05   #3
Unknown Artist

Sounds an awful lot like you should host your own if everyone you'd like to be listening is being blocked. Unless you're paying through the nose for your internet connection and electricity it's very easy to host locally, have it portforwarded and leave it be.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 11:49   #4
BasicBrandonGuy

ReavidPC10 Listen2myradio,
I don't understand why your having issues I've been using it for over a year no issues what so ever. When you login to Listen2myradio there is a section that says Stream Details it will give you everything that is needed for someone to listen. If they have VLC installed and plugin in Firefox they can go to the website and listen for your station in the details. Or you can also go to All Stream Links those are alternatives listeners can use providing they installed VLC and the Plugin into Firefox using web browser.

There is more make sure your stream is on, once its on and in green go to D.N.A.S panel of your radio click here you will get an admin panel right click listen and copy and past the details that will be the universal ip and port number that you can use in Winamp VLC and iTunes on Windows, MAC, iOS and Andorid all 3 programs have multi versions.

I get over 1000 listeners each sunday morning streaming at 320kbps MP3 with no issue. Also when I was simulcasting with a Internet Radio Network they had over 32717 listeners pulling the my server's address...

Not sure what your doing but its one of the easiest sites, for free they Rock and if you have server issues make sure if your in the US your using U.S. Servers, also Choose Linux for the change server type.

Also if they are on Windows using Firefox / I.E. make sure they have the updated Flash and Java installed as well as VLC... If you have an extra Smart Phone install VLC, Winamp, on it and plug in some head phones and setup your audio signal and monitor it... Also another pc , tablet, notebook/laptop will also be good to test your setup.

Like I said in over a year no issue but one small glitch I did have I had to tweak my buffers under the out plugins because it was cutting out a bit after 3 hours till I adjust that and then bing no more issues at all.

So if your trying to give your D.N.A.S panel of your radio click here addy that is the problem they are not an admin and that is not how you listen. Use one of the 3 methods I mentioned to get the addy's... Also in Shoutcast Plugin if you setup Output Directory / Directory Configuration Check Make Stream Public!!! What ever name you give it can also be used under the search on Shoutcast.com and can be listened to on there. Also listen2myraido has apps for iOS and Andorid....

Spend some time with it took about 3 mins to setup and get it going...
BasicBrandonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 11:53   #5
BasicBrandonGuy

garybaldy72uk you have full control they do not restrict anything with the freehost...
If there is a problem its something the user has missed setting up things or giving the proper ip and port address followed by the extension ... For the price you can't beat them and it works fine. Only thing you gain with paid is live support.
BasicBrandonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 15:19   #6
neralex
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBrandonGuy View Post
I get over 1000 listeners each sunday morning streaming at 320kbps MP3 with no issue.
... dream on
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 15:25   #7
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
I get over 1000 listeners each sunday morning streaming at 320kbps MP3 with no issue.
You wish mister!! I smell B******T

I once had a station owner claiming he had over 20,000 listeners. When i checked his shoutcast stats.... In reality he had less than 20

Stop bragging about listener figures you would never achieve with a FREE stream host.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Blog - Twitter - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
listen2myradio, shoutcast d.n.a.s