Old 9th November 2014, 08:27   #1
Unknown Artist

Creating a relay cluster in Openshift?

This may be aimed towards people who are more familiar with openshift and have developed cartridges. If you're just passing through, feel free to take advantage of what I've got working so far.

For those who don't know openshift, it's a cloud service like google app engine. My goal (since openshift offers 3 free gears, their word for server) is to design a cartridge which hosts shoutcast and can scale. The idea being each new gear relays the first.

As it stands the cartridge works, so long as its not scaled because two things are going wrong.

1) I have no idea how to set up inter gear communications (what to extract to get an ip : port to the first shoutcast DNS). Not so worried over this I'll eventually figure this one out.
2) A health check from an HAProxy is GET Requesting / and somehow connecting to the stream. At the start of a scaled app, this crashes HAProxy and then there's no way of externally reaching shoutcast (port-forwarding fixes this by connecting internally).

So far it seems like sources have to be port-forwarded, likely because of the issues above, but it's not difficult to do.

Github for those interested in helping or using it as is now.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support