Old 30th June 2005, 12:54   #1
realbizkit

#### B E A T V I S U A L I Z A T I O N ####

Hello, i'd like to report a bug, or better to say a missing function in Winamp.

In the program, there is a button, where we can enable Beat Visualization. It's cool i like it a lot. but a long ago i noticed, that there is an L and an R letter in the visualization picture, BUT the left and the right "speaker"'s visualization is the same!! i've got plenty of songs which begins with an effect, what can be heard only from only one of the speakers (it's an effect, this is why it's called STEREO), and the beat visualisation shows beat on the left & the right too. So, it's MONO. But why isn't it stereo? And why are there letters R & L?

I hope i helped a bit in the development of Winamp.
or i didn't see a button which solves this?
realbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2005, 14:02   #2
realbizkit

and..

And one more thing, an old problem too:
in the notifications, if the artist/song/album is not too long!!, (and if we have many song in the playlist (the number is long)) the number of the song and the "resuming playback" cover each other.
Old 8th July 2005, 10:19   #3
realbizkit

Well, no comments? (at least "yeah you're right") I strongly recommend these posts to the programmers of Winamp, to the crew. (If they've already read these, i didn't say anything , and hope that these problems will be fixed in winamp v5.094) Good work!
Old 8th July 2005, 10:46   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The Beat Detector is just eye candy, nothing more, nothing less.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2005, 20:29   #5
realbizkit

beta detector? Eh, are you talkin about the beat visualization? i think yes, hmm is it a hard work to make it better i mean to show the difference between left & right? my mini-hifi is able to do that (could it be made at least in v5.1?)
yeah winamp is not a hi-fi, it's a program, then i say: it could be a good development for Winamp so then please don't get this as a bug report, but a new idea or addition. (even if i wrote it on this forum)
and i would be glad to see winamp's beat visualization showing the truth. (the main thing that irritates me if something does, is the R & the L letter)

(but that notification stuff is really a bug even if just a tiny one)
Old 8th July 2005, 22:30   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Fixed typo

(Beat Detector/Visualization, whatever, heh)

Feature requests don't belong in the Bugs forum.
However, all the wasabi devs are gone (Brennan, Aus, Francis, Mig), so don't expect too much new in that department for a while, not until at least the new devs become more familiar with wasabi (the engine which drives modern skin support) code.
Old 9th July 2005, 14:41   #7
realbizkit

Thats not good news. OK, thx. Just i thought it's an error because of the R & the L letters
And can you tell me that about when can it be made? In this year? I'm curious just because i like Winamp a lot and i've been using it since i got my computer, and i know it for ages.
Old 8th October 2005, 19:25   #8
Moxica

Since i installed 5.10, the beat visualization sometimes goes, what it looks like, out of sync and displays something that doesn't match what's playing. I've tried to figure out what it does, but with no success. It could be that it reacts on the "wrong" frequencies or that it displays the beats before or after they are played, but sometimes it's so erratic that it's impossible to tell if it even visualizes the same song that's currently playing. The spectral analyzer always shows a somewhat correct frequency analysis, even when the beat visualization acts up. A suspicion is that the right and left channel are merged in a different way, and if there are effects like phase shifting, echoes and the like, it doesn't add up to what's actually heard. Could, alterntively, have something to do with the updated .dll's. Might be something unique to my computer as i haven't tried it on other ones yet. I've tried a "clean install".

Regardless of this, and eye-candy or not, it would also be very nice if the beat visualization could visualize the right and left channels correctly, and not combined (to mono) in the way it does now.
Moxica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 21:10   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

See here.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports