Old 9th February 2007, 01:36   #1
acw

Question "could not create directory" error

I just bought a 5th gen. 30 gig ipod for my wife and wanted to use ml_ipod rather than itunes.

I installed ml_ipod 2.01, ran it, and started Winamp (5.32). I pulled up the preferences to format the ipod, selected the proper drive, answered yes to the "do you want to format" question and no to the "shuffle" and "smart phone" questions and then get an error that says:

"F:\ipod_control

Could not create directory to format ipod."

Anyone know why this would happen? I removed ml_ipod and Winamp, reinstalled both and I still get the error. I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm running WinXP.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything. Sorry if I've overlooked something. Any help would be appreciated.
acw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 15:27   #2
DocWho

While I hate iTunes as much as the next guy, you may need to use iTunes to format you iPod the first time. Try that and then see if WinAmp will work. You can then uninstall Itunes if you wish. Also, be sure you uninstall the built-in WinAmp ipod support before you install the ml_ipod plug in. I have see where the auto-uninstall does not always work.

HTH!
DocWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 22:01   #3
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

So your iPod really shows up as F: in Windows explorer? That must be for making the format option work.

If yes: This message is emitted if ml_iPod can't create the folder F:\iPod_Control See if it is possible to create this folder in Explorer.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion