Old 18th March 2003, 18:26   #1
MattD

& in the track name not appearing in tooltip

Hi,

Tried searching for this but your serch routine refused to do it, so sorry if this is a repeat.

I have a CD that has an & in the track name. Appears fine in the scrolling aname bit on the main form. However the tooltip for the system tray icon doesn't show it. I'm guessing this is just a small oversight (Windows likes to do special stuff with & occasionally) and could be easily fixed.

Here is a quick screengrab anyway: http://www.mdibb.net/images/winamp.PNG

Cheers,

Matt
MattD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2003, 03:32   #2
Lion King
Major Dude

this is a windows limitation, windows uses the ampersand to assign keyboard shortcuts to menus/controlls and displays the character that follows to the ampersand underlined to indicate the shortcut
i don't know why the tooltip doesn't show anything, maybe underlined text isn't allowed in tooltips?

however winamp could work around this by sending two ampersands to the tooltip instead of one, this would display one ampersand
Lion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2003, 08:42   #3
MattD

Yeah, very easy to fix, like I said :-) If there is & in the title, send && instead...
MattD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2003, 06:03   #4
Lion King
Major Dude

uhm, i was wrong, you habe to send three ampersands, two will display an underlined space and three the ampersand

anyway it is fixed in winamp 2.9 beta, apparently this isn't a problem in winamp 2.81 and winxp (at least sp1, thanks for testing *****!)
it is still wierd on win2k (no sp) here for more than one ampersand, two ampersands display two ampersands and an underlined space, three display four ampersands, four display five ampersands and one underlined space a.s.o

i don't see why someone would have more than one ampersand in his title formatting though
Lion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports