Old 11th November 2014, 20:53   #1
ishron

Windows Phone

Version 8?

Sorry if this has been requested before. I did a quick check and dint see anything..

No matter. Thanks for the effort! The player is awesome in its new instance! Great work!
ishron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 19:18   #2
Val_Parthen

Agreed! As a now former Windows Phone user (unfortunately), I would have loved Winamp on it!
Val_Parthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 18:34   #3
jnextday

no brainer

I have windows phone and I like it enough to keep it for the next couple of years or more. I think it would be perfect sense to do a windows phone version of Winamp because it would be a lot less work than porting to other mobile platforms and given the lack of apps for Windows phone presently, there's not much competition and it will get a significant share of downloads. Microsoft has the $$ and willingness to make Windows phone a success. It's just as good as iOS and is a lot cheaper to buy the hardware. Apple has sold so many phones this past quarter that it isn't likely going to be able to repeat the feat of soaking so many people a second time for expensive phones and their customers are going start to look for cheaper alternatives.
jnextday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 19:28   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
now that windows is unifying the platform to windows 10 on everything, it is more likely to see winamp on a windows 10 phone or beyond, however the devs aren't currently enthusiastic about doing so.

it'll be interesting to see if they change their minds going forward, which might happen depending on how easy MS makes it to port the desktop app to a phone or whatever else.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist