Old 30th March 2015, 20:38   #1
hiul

Deactivate the multimedia volume control

Hello.

I thought about that because I listen to winamp while playing games and find annoying that when I want to adjust the general volume the winamp track get modified too when I had balanced it with the volume of my game.

adding a check box (just like the mouse wheel feature) in the shortcuts tab to deactivate the volume control of the multimedia key could be usefull.

just a thought it might not be possible.
hiul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:20   #2
blackcoder

I guess that is not possible. I first thought that you could simply use the Mixer in Windows. There you can adjust the volume for every application that is currently playing a sound.
But looks like changing the general volume still changes all other volumes accordingly.
blackcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 21:23   #3
hiul

well I might have not expressed my self correctly then.

just deactivating volume control on the winamp internal manager would be enought since the general volume is managed by windows.

as you said you can fine tune the different applications channels within windows and when you change the general volume it scales all the tracks but that is not the problem here.

the problem is that in addition to the scale of windows winamp internal volume is changed by the use of the media volume keys.

witch means that :
windows general vol = 100% ; winamp track = 50% (of the general volume) ; winamp volMan = 100% (of the winamp track)

effective volume of winamp = 100% * 50% * 100% = 50% of the general volume
while the other tracks are at 100%
vol ratio = 50/100 = 0.5

you applie a down scale with the media keys of 50%
windows general vol = 50% ; winamp track = 50% (of the general volume); winamp volMan = 50% (of the winamp track)

effective volume of winamp = 50% * 50% * 50% = 12.5% of the general volume
while the other tracks are at 50%
vol ratio = 12.5/50 = 0.25

as illustrated in this exemple the ratio between the winamp track and the other tracks change. this is the problem that has to be solved.
Old 10th April 2015, 21:43   #4
DrO

preferences -> global hotkeys and disable any of the multimedia / volume parts on there.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 22:06   #5
hiul

I think I've been missunderstood u_u

I use the start/spot, next and previous keys for winamp.

or I don't have the right version of winamp since the checkbox there deactivate all multimadia keys.
Old 10th April 2015, 22:19   #6
DrO

if you still want specific actions then they'll need to be added into the list of actions below and just ensuring the volume ones aren't in there.

but with some setups, Winamp can only react to those action buttons with the WM_APPCOMMAND action checked and if that's the case, then the volume changing will be enabled with no means to disable it.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:02   #7
hiul

Thank you for the answer DrO.

That's what I was affraid of u_u ... and I can't you personnalized shortcuts since the games I play are simulations with tremandrous amount of key bindings.
I guess I will have to accomodate then.
Old 15th April 2015, 12:17   #8
DrO

you should still be able to set the actions to the media buttons as needed (as was all the plug-in could do before the other option was added a few years back). but it then depends on what those programs also do as to whether or not it'll work as expected or if they will block the actions when done via the list.
Old 17th April 2015, 10:20   #9
hiul

Thank you. I didn't see this...

problem solved.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist