Old 26th December 2006, 03:49   #41
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
We should send them the bill for the 4 trillion.
You should, two faced motherfuckers...
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 08:58   #42
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Or how about just bend over and drop your Made in China shorts? The clock is ticking folks, and when time runs out it is not Republican or Democrat that will be standing, but the ones with the $$ to buy their families the "good" life.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:44   #43
mistermeow

Send a message via AIM to mistermeow
Most people buy into the red vs blue or republican vs democrat. Thats what the system wants. The whole two party system is corrupt. There is not a whole lot of difference between the two parties, but people like to take sides, and bash the other.

Until we have some type of reform (I am not holding my breath), this is the crap we are stuck with. We need campaign reform. If everyone worked from an equal playing field we would be able to elect some decent people into office, and maybe break this stupid two party system.

You state your views, and then some idiot rush limbaugh lover who can't read a newspaper calls you a wimpy democrat, or a some democrat calls you a nazi republican.

You don't have to buy a nice neat little box of pre-packaged views. Have diverse opinions of your own.

People here in the United States are so brainwashed and braindead it is pathetic. The people in this country are more concerned with television programming than the fact the United States has ignited a tenderbox in a fragile middle east.

Hundreds of people die every week in Iraq, and people here are crying that the wrong person won american idol tv show.
mistermeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:32   #44
Mattress
Forum King

Write letters or emails to your elected government officials and to candidates and ask them to fill out an NPAT
Quote:
The National Political Awareness Test (NPAT) asks candidates which items they will support if elected. It does not ask them to indicate which items they will oppose. Through extensive research of public polling data, we discovered that voters are more concerned with what candidates would support when elected to office, not what they oppose. If a candidate does not select a response to any part or all of any question, it does not necessarily indicate that the candidate is opposed to that particular item.
Then we can just look at what things various candidates are in support of and vote accordingly, regardless of political party.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 04:50   #45
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mistermeow
Most people buy into the red vs blue or republican vs democrat. Thats what the system wants.....
Until we have some type of reform (I am not holding my breath), this is the crap we are stuck with. We need campaign reform.
You have to pick. You almost can't be in the middle, because the red and blue proceed from completely different theories.

I used to think I could vote for democrats sometimes. But a vote for them is a vote for complete liberalism. That's independent of what the individual candidates think.

We have the democratic leadership completely on the left and the republicans half way to the right.

The middle is closer on the conservative side of the isle.

I think you must choose one or the other. I'd like to see the current democratic party completely crushed. Then they would quit being a bunch of idiots and we might have a two party system again.

The balance has been between those that support the people (the democrats) and those who favor capitalism. Now the balance is between whacked out lying immoral creeps and pudgy fatass banker types.

It's sickening and it's unfortunate, but I like the fat ass bankers better. They slid a little left. The left went batshit off into far left land.

In a struggle between left and right, I'll take left. In a struggle between moderate republicans and whacked out pinkos, I'll take republicans.

The closest to the middle is now the republican party. That sucks, but that's the choice you have.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 09:36   #46
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

I vote libertarian.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 16:27   #47
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
I vote libertarian.
You should never vote independent. Independents are only spoilers. For example, a vote for Ross Perot was a vote for Bill Clinton in 1992. With 19% of the popular vote, Perot gave the election to Bill Clinton.

This is like your "protest vote" electing the person that you were protesting. Jerry Brown and Nader have been spoilers too.

Like I said, you need to pick between the major parties. Picking independents is the same as voting one side or the other.

In 1992, when people voted for Ross Perot, they were voting essentially for Clinton. You can't protest Clinton by electing him.
Old 4th January 2007, 16:58   #48
Mattress
Forum King

Run off voting would be nice...
Old 4th January 2007, 17:35   #49
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

I agree with roh on this one. Vote independent for your local congresspern or state senator, but on a national stage, voting independent is just a vote for one of the major parties. Ross Perot gave the press to Clinton on 1992 and Nader gave it to Bush in 2000.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 18:11   #50
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
You should never vote independent. Independents are only spoilers. For example, a vote for Ross Perot was a vote for Bill Clinton in 1992. With 19% of the popular vote, Perot gave the election to Bill Clinton.

This is like your "protest vote" electing the person that you were protesting. Jerry Brown and Nader have been spoilers too.

Like I said, you need to pick between the major parties. Picking independents is the same as voting one side or the other.
If I don't vote for the candidate I think is the best, what's the point in voting?
I would assume your glad Mr. Lincoln's voters didn't take your advice about the Republican party.
The only reason voting third party seems like a waste is because too many people like yourself accept mediocrity.

Old 4th January 2007, 18:53   #51
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
If I don't vote for the candidate I think is the best, what's the point in voting?
I would assume your glad Mr. Lincoln's voters didn't take your advice about the Republican party.
The only reason voting third party seems like a waste is because too many people like yourself accept mediocrity.
I'm saying that even in Senate and congressional races you need to pick the party that you want. Candidates don't matter because they are obscured by their parties.

You might vote for a moderate democrat candidate for congress or the senate, but what you really voted for was the party, not the candidate.

I voted for (D)David Wu for Senate last year. That was a mistake. While I respect Mr. Wu as a thoughtful man, he is diluted by his party.

Wu is a moderate. But Wu is also a democrat, so his election supports the democrat agenda, which is anything but moderate......
Old 4th January 2007, 20:09   #52
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

If you're voting for candidates that can be diluted, then I would believe you're the one at fault, not matter how often you'd like to blame democrats for all the problems in the world.

Old 4th January 2007, 20:38   #53
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
If you're voting for candidates that can be diluted, then I would believe you're the one at fault, not matter how often you'd like to blame democrats for all the problems in the world.
The current democratic leadership is the problem with the country at the moment. It is not a reasonable alternative to the republicans.

So either you want to participate in a failed, increasing expensive social programs is the issue.

The democratic party can point to complete failure and tell us that we should spend more money on the same.

"This doesn't work, so let's do some more of it."

Undoubtedly you will point to the war. As far as I am concerned, the war is a non-issue, because I doubt anything would have made the outcome different.

Actually, the war is going much better than I expected.

A good thing would have been to never start this war. Neither party had that wisdom. A good thing would have also been to win this war.

Neither side of the aisle has any solution. The democrat impetus is to investigate Bush. I don't care about investigating Bush. I didn't care about investigating Clinton.

What I do care about is that I can have a job that pays me enough to live, retire someday and have medical care. 8 years of Clinton made those goals farther away, not closer.

While tax and spend liberalism ruined me in the 90s, Bush at least has not cost me. I can figure out how to do business in this climate. That's fragile though. Another 8 years of democrats will eventually do me in....... again......

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th January 2007 at 20:57.
Old 4th January 2007, 20:54   #54
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
Run off voting would be nice...
The Condorcet method would be even nicer.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 21:08   #55
rockouthippie
Banned

In that case, Clinton would have never been president. Neither would Carter.

Clinton never being elected?. I like this Cordocet method!. Get's my vote.

The permutations of Carter never being elected are interesting too.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th January 2007 at 21:27.
Old 4th January 2007, 21:26   #56
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
The Condorcet method would be even nicer.
Even better would be candidates worth voting for instead of voting for someone in order to vote against their opponent.
Old 4th January 2007, 21:28   #57
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Even better would be candidates worth voting for instead of voting for someone in order to vote against their opponent.
Free beer would be good too.
Old 4th January 2007, 21:38   #58
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
The current democratic leadership is the problem with the country at the moment. It is not a reasonable alternative to the republicans.

So either you want to participate in a failed, increasing expensive social programs is the issue.

The democratic party can point to complete failure and tell us that we should spend more money on the same.

"This doesn't work, so let's do some more of it."

Undoubtedly you will point to the war. As far as I am concerned, the war is a non-issue, because I doubt anything would have made the outcome different.

Actually, the war is going much better than I expected.

A good thing would have been to never start this war. Neither party had that wisdom. A good thing would have also been to win this war.

Neither side of the aisle has any solution. The democrat impetus is to investigate Bush. I don't care about investigating Bush. I didn't care about investigating Clinton.

What I do care about is that I can have a job that pays me enough to live, retire someday and have medical care. 8 years of Clinton made those goals farther away, not closer.

While tax and spend liberalism ruined me in the 90s, Bush at least has not cost me. I can figure out how to do business in this climate. That's fragile though. Another 8 years of democrats will eventually do me in....... again......
That's a poor dodge.

This fatalistic black/white picture you like to draw is not an accurate depiction of the political arena, but a façade that hides you from taking responsibility for yourself and actions.

Old 4th January 2007, 21:44   #59
rockouthippie
Banned

I have watched the democrats kill the economy a few more times than you.......

Responsibility?. Who pays your bills?. I didn't even accept state run education. I have cost the state zero, but I get to pay.

I did get $3600 for college from social security because my dad died.

Old 4th January 2007, 21:51   #60
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

That doesn't mean you can't vote third party.

Old 4th January 2007, 21:56   #61
rockouthippie
Banned

If they would win?. A vote for Perot was a vote for Clinton. A vote for Brown was a vote for Bush. A vote for Perot was a vote for Clinton etc......

My vote for moderate democrat David Wu expands the liberal base of government, although I agree with Wu on most issues.

Next time, I think it's gonna be "Sorry Bud, you're a democrat "
Old 4th January 2007, 22:00   #62
zootm
Forum King

First past the post schemes encourage this sort of nonsense. Annoying.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 22:01   #63
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
That doesn't mean you can't vote third party.
Do you get free beer?
Old 4th January 2007, 22:08   #64
rockouthippie
Banned

I'm happy if I can afford beer.

(D) Ted Kulongowski our incumbent governor is however raising the beer tax..... and other sins taxes, plus gratuitous anti-business taxes to raise 770 million dollars.

His opponent, Ron Saxton, vowed to chop 10% off of the state govt.

Undaunted and armed with a "mandate" given to him by a very narrow win, Kulongowski insures that the payola, graft and waste in our government sector will get even worse.

One of the triumphs for liberals in Oregon is the "Oregon Health Plan".

"Making sure every illegal alien has medical insurance "

The local medical clinic is called the "Virginia Garcia Medical Clinic". White people need not bother, even if broke. They'll bury you under paperwork until you either get better or die.

Since no public works in this state actually take care of any problems (and often amplify problems) ....

You choose?.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th January 2007 at 22:46.
Old 4th January 2007, 23:50   #65
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I have a solution:

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 01:21   #66
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
"Making sure every illegal alien has medical insurance "

The local medical clinic is called the "Virginia Garcia Medical Clinic". White people need not bother, even if broke. They'll bury you under paperwork until you either get better or die.
I've finally found something that I can agree with you on. I work at a hospital and i very much dislike the idea of treating the extremely "poor" immigrants, and not the "almost poor" citizens.

How do nations with national healthcare plans (canada, etc) deal with illegal immigrants.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 01:27   #67
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
How do nations with national healthcare plans (canada, etc) deal with illegal immigrants.
Send them to Oregon, of course.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 03:49   #68
rockouthippie
Banned

Actually Chevs idea is probably what I am going to do. While the illegal aliens get free dental work from american dentists, I'll probably pop down to Mexico and have a witch doctor pull some teeth.

I can look at the pretty hospital, but I can't afford to go there.

The idea of "almost poor". You can be well into what we would call the middle class and still have medical expenses break you.

One week in the hospital last year with no insurance..... a couple decades of my discretionary income in debt.....

Before that:

I gashed my hand. Four shitty botched mattress stitches.... $1400.... $70 for a splash of betadyne....

I calculate an emergency room visit at about $50 a second for labor. I even refused the local and told them I didn't need anethetic. They charged me $85 anyway.

.25 cents worth of suture and .10 cents worth of antiseptic, 4 advils.... with 30 seconds of labor..... $1400....

Next time I'll just sew it up myself....

Last edited by rockouthippie; 5th January 2007 at 05:00.
Old 5th January 2007, 14:15   #69
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I'm doing Lasik in Canada.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 14:29   #70
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

careful. you're liable to turn on your TV afterwards to watch the superbowl and all you'll see are guys on skates with sticks.

Old 5th January 2007, 23:05   #71
rockouthippie
Banned

I'll probably pick up the local mexican AM radio station on my teeth.....

And now for another polka favorite!!!!!
Old 6th January 2007, 09:30   #72
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
In Denmark, everyone is covered by a public health insurance system, and everyone living here (naturalized or not) is equiped with a health insurance card like this, along with what we call a CPR number (Personal Identification number).

If you can't produce either, you will be treated offcourse, but if there is any indication you may be residing here, the authorities will most likely be notified.

Everyone will be treated for acute injuries/illnesses, free of charge (this includes turists). But follow up treatment will be charged for non EU nationals, by law, i suspect this will include any illigals.

Because of the scandinavian wellware system, it's practically impossible to be illigal immigrant here, as employers need your CPR number to hire you, docters to treat you, school en enroll you, insurance companies to insure you, and phone companies to subscribe you.

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 6th January 2007 at 09:49.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 16:38   #73
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
As a staunch Libertarian, I already have that candidate.

[edit]Denmark is a pretty damn cool place. Business-friendly, universal health care, welfare, public transportation, etc. High taxes, though. [/edit]

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 8th January 2007, 18:57   #74
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
As a staunch Libertarian...[/edit]
Minor party politicians are only spoilers. I like libertarian ideas. That's all that's worth.
Old 9th January 2007, 02:45   #75
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Libertarians are often extremely conservative republicans (NO GUBMIT --period!) without all the current crop of theocon's god-boy talk and fake morality.

Old 10th January 2007, 17:54   #76
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Minor party politicians are only spoilers. I like libertarian ideas. That's all that's worth.
o_O

Are you following this thread?

Mattress said "run off voting"

Then I said "Condorcet"

Then he said "someone to vote for"

Then I said "already gots 'dat, yo!"

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News