Old 10th October 2007, 13:26   #1
TParis

Send a message via ICQ to TParis
German translation

Well, i must say that i LOVE the new Winamp but i HATE the german translation...

Some Examples:
Browser ---> Webbläsare ( a word that doesn't exist lol, should be Browser in german aswell)

All the other tab captions have cruel spelling and few other words are still untranslated .

Hope this is getting fixed in the next version.

Anyway, great job on the new version
TParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:33   #2
DrO

see my response here to Hanschke and AlecTronic regarding any language pack issues. but yeah, we knew that there were going to be words that people disagree with/point out aren't applicable (we can only go so far in checking things especially since as a english only speaker i can't follow most of the translations )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 09:08   #3
magnum80

If we (German-speaking Winamp users) can help somehow, let us know. Send us the XML file and we correct it.

Greetings!
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 09:12   #4
DrO

see the link i refer to in my post above on where and what to post about issues with translations.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:48   #5
Pidgeot

FWIW, "webbläsare" is Swedish. If that's appearing when the language should be German, I'd double-check if the right language file is selected.
Pidgeot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 19:24   #6
magnum80

Quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeot
FWIW, "webbläsare" is Swedish. If that's appearing when the language should be German, I'd double-check if the right language file is selected.
All of the four media tabs (media library, video, visualization and browser) in the German version of the media library seem Swedish to me.

Greetz!
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 15:07   #7
Franky_B

Reparatur ist sehr einfach. Einfach die Datei "Winamp-de-de.wlz" im Winamp Unterordner "lang" mit WinRar (oder einem andern Packer) öffnen. Im Archiv den Unterordner Freeform öffnen.

Die Datei wasabi.xml mit einem Edtior öffnen und die Bezeichnung der vier Tabs nach Belieben anpassen. (Hinweis: "Webbrowser" und "Medienbibliothek sind zu lang. Hier z.B. einfach "Browser" und "Bibliothek" schreiben.)

Die bearbeitete Datei zurück ins Archiv (darauf achten, dass sie auch wieder im Unterordner "freeform" landet).
Archiv abspeichern, fertig.

Noch einfacher: Schreibt mir einfach und ich schick euch dann die fertige Sprachdatei!
Franky_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 17:11   #8
Hanschke

we have to collect other things here to and so that anyone of us can send the complete one to the winamp team or not?
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 19:28   #9
siebe83
Forum King

Certain things are already fixed for the next version (e.g. the wrong labels on the tabs in the Bento skin), so they are working on it.

And again, if you have comments on the language packs (errors, better translations), refer to the posts linked to by DrO.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....03#post2252003
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....62#post2251662 <-- !

(also see DrO's and Egg's posts later in that second thread)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion