Old 21st December 2007, 04:56   #41
osmosis
Major Dude

@Juanus: Find File On Disk 1.57 is working correctly for me; pops up the parent folder with the target file selected.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 21st December 2007, 05:03   #42
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Crunch... Then what can be going on? I know that the files are there because I listen to them. They wouldn;t play if they weren't present. And you are sure that you are doing it from the playlist editor and not the media library?
I am right clicking on the file that is playing and then choosing Find File on disk.
Old 21st December 2007, 05:16   #43
iron2000

I think it would be a good idea to put in something to backup the ML and ask if the user wants to backup the ML on uninstall. Would like the same done for last contents of the PL too but thats not as important as it can be done by the user using the player interface.

That Bento PLTab looks like a nice idea.
But I want to see the PL at the same time as the ML so I tried editing the skin myself.
Got the xml to make the skin to look like I want it to but the hurdle is editing the script.

Edited previous Bento ver so its more broken now.

Thanx
Old 21st December 2007, 05:23   #44
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, I'm not sure about that... though I'd love to see an option to switch the Playlist area and tabbed area, so that the Playlist is on the left side under the main player, and the tabs are on the right.

By the way, what's up with that "Go Pro" button in your screenshot?
Does it really look like that, or is it maybe because it's just been clicked?
Old 21st December 2007, 05:57   #45
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally posted by Disasterpiece
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4097/12202007232039ta9.png
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Disasterpiece
Yeah, that's a screenshot, heh.
Who coded it? Where do we get it?
I took a quick look in the Modern Skins forum, but couldn't see anything obvious...
DJ, you'll find the PLTab Bento skin in here -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=281046
Old 21st December 2007, 07:17   #46
Disasterpiece

Quote:
[B]@Disasterpiece
Yeah, that's a screenshot, heh.
Who coded it? Where do we get it?
I took a quick look in the Modern Skins forum, but couldn't see anything obvious...
Ahh, there it is!!

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....44#post2268044
Old 21st December 2007, 09:41   #47
iron2000

Seems like some stuff changed in Bento #117 and I managed to make my Bento edit error free by not loading pledit.m (because I can't make out what to edit to make it work).

I edited it so that the PL is now at the bottom sharing a frame with the sui contents.
The main thing for me is that the PL can expand to full width and it is also able to see the ML and PL at the same time.

It would be better if the ML could expand to full width too but it seems like Wasabi:Frame only allows either the left or the right to go full width.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bento_experiment.zip (176.9 KB, 263 views)

Thanx
Old 21st December 2007, 11:02   #48
TheUniqueTiger

Wow, there was a release so soon, in the few days that I was away... Cool... Working fine... Thanks for this release!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 21st December 2007, 12:10   #49
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte
That to me suggests that something is definitely messed up with your installation then.
The same setting controls main and winshade mode, and it works fine for me:
(you can tell by the *** in the screenshot that it's classic scrolling, yes?!)
http://stashbox.org/64552/modern_win..._scrolling.png

winamp.m3u8 is in the root Winamp folder.
%AppData%\Winamp\winamp.m3u8
You know how to check file properties and make sure it's not got the read-only attribute, yes?

Winamp -> Prefs > File Types: Enqueue files on dbl-click in Explorer:
Checked or unchecked?
Hey...
1. DJ EGG - I have to agree with you, there is something VERY strange going on here... It does not scroll "Classic style" in winshade mode for me.. And, I DONT EVEN have those Repeat and the Shuffle buttons in winshade mode.. Neither the "Colors" button and the "On top" button...
What is going on? What should I do?

By the way, I use the english installer only (the one that has been for many years).. What do you use?

2. Im not sure.. Can you tell me how to check the file properties in that .m3u8 thing? Or is that the enqueue thing (which is unchecked for me)?

2.1. That "Enqueue files on dbl-click in Explorer:" is UNCHECKED for me.. What should it be? What do you have?
EDIT: I tried it with checking that option, and now it works.. But now, Winamp does not automatically play the song on startup...
.. SO, there is a bug when it is unchecked (with that song - I think it is from a CD or something.. Im not sure)..

I am very confused right now.. This is strange things..

And, all these bugs happens in the Winamp Modern Skin only.. In Bento, I can start Winamp with double-clicking and the song text is showing.. No problem... The only thing that is happening with other Modern Skins is that Media Library thing.. That happens with other skins..
But since I dont have that winshade mode option thing in the WA Modern Skin either, it must be something wrong with my installastion right? This is strange..

3. And to say it.. When I install Winamp, the installer always DISables the Winamp Agent.. Everytime, even though I had it enabled...

Last edited by Kn0tte; 21st December 2007 at 13:08.
Old 21st December 2007, 13:00   #50
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Ok DJ Egg, I think you will go nuts now, but here we go:

I found a temporary fix/and a new way to reproduce that Media Library window issue...

*Use the Bento Skin..

*Ok?

*Then switch to the Winamp Modern Skin.. If you now press the ML button, it appears on the front.. It is working

*Ok?

*Then close Winamp (but still USE the WA Modern Skin)..

*Then start Winamp again..

*Ok?

*Then press the ML button. It does NOT appear on the front.. It appears behind other windows..

But still, I get the songticker text problem, and the winshade mode thing too (NO repeat/shuffle buttons there either)..

Strange..
But I knew it.. All of these bugs has something to do with the Bento skin.. Since 5.5 Beta3 (Build 1600), I have got these problems..

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No. I can't reproduce the problem.
I don't think you're doing a proper clean install, ie. there's still some bad settings files left in either the %ProgramFiles%\Winamp or %AppData%\Winamp folder(s). Either that or something on your system is messed up. Lord knows.
Old 21st December 2007, 13:54   #51
armstrong

smoothest upgrade ever, wishlist shrunk

You guys must be working hard: upgrade/install went just perfect this time. Thank you!

5.51 leaves only one item on my personal wishlist: 24 bits from in_flac (with 16-bit input, flac "guesses" the 8 LSB very musically). But please consider taking some time off to relax before doing it

Enjoy the holidays!
Old 21st December 2007, 14:13   #52
The Serminator

Location: on the road to Elysium with my pockets full of diamonds
Woo-hoo! The Gracenote scan / playlist creator works!

One question: as I add music (Christmas is coming!) how does this thing stay current?

Will it have to re-scan ALL of my music? Or does it "recognize" what is new?

I'm curious, because I'm still operating in the dial-up dark ages and the scan (6000+ songs) took about 2 hours.

"Come with me, if you want to live."
Old 21st December 2007, 15:55   #53
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
3. And to say it.. When I install Winamp, the installer always DISables the Winamp Agent.. Everytime, even though I had it enabled...
This has been reported internally.

What I found was that a clean install put the icon in the tray as usual, but an 'Over the top' install required a reboot to set it.
Or you can go to Prefs> File types > Enable Agent on initial setup to avoid the reboot.

UJ
Old 21st December 2007, 16:02   #54
TheUniqueTiger

This is interesting as I disable Winamp agent everytime but it has it checked everytime on a new install!

Btw, I had requested the Bento antialias font in the beta thread but didn't realize in this version... I hope it would be done in the next version... It doesn't look good the way it is, isn't it?

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 21st December 2007, 17:17   #55
ujay
Forum King

Looks like the forced restart when setting EQ options is not saving other changes already made in that session.

UJ
Old 21st December 2007, 17:38   #56
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Banditbond
Big big Thanks !

Works great !

and finally it can be called "localized"!

Very well german translation !
Thanks, I've spent tons of hours and it's really nice to get some feedback.
Old 21st December 2007, 22:45   #57
Kn0tte
Major Dude

So, any ideas on these strange things? DJ Egg, you have that winshade thing updated to 5.5 status, but I dont (+ missing buttons).. Why? I did a clean install on my laptop yesterday - Still the same..

The ML Issue: Working for you, not me.. (See one of my other posts.. It was working if switching from Bento to WA Modern, but not if you close Winamp).
Benski - You can still reproduce, or not?

The songticker issue: I had that enqueue thing UNchecked... I tried it with checked, and it worked =).. But then it did not autoplay on startup.. So it is a bug when it is unchecked (with SOME songs ONLY - Track songs etc...)

Are these problems some sort of a COUNTRY-PROBLEM? Then it will be impossible to reproduce them, right?
Old 21st December 2007, 22:53   #58
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:

Anyway, I'm sure everyone will agree that we don't want to see this thread go the same way as the last two, so I'm going to leave it at that. Please, no more on this issue, before I go insaaaaane ;-)
+1
Old 21st December 2007, 22:57   #59
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
LOL! Egg's stomach is probably tied up in Kn0ttes right now, thinking about this again!
Old 21st December 2007, 23:02   #60
Juanus
Major Dude

I just fear that he will go crazy and put a Kn0tte on someones head
Old 21st December 2007, 23:02   #61
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
+1
Sorry people.. But can someone tell me how to do a clean install (in own words - I have looked at the clean install post already)..

Can you tell me one thing: For example, what is wrong when DJ Egg get other options in winshade mode than I do? What?

Can someone tell me in detail how to do a clean install (Yes, I have already looked at the clean install post)..
Old 21st December 2007, 23:50   #62
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, I think there's still some known issues related to the installer/agent stuff.
Alas, I never use the agent, but hopefully it'll get fixed eventually.

@The Serminator
Just do a rescan every once in a while
(via: Prefs > Plugins > Media Library -> ml_plg > config)
and it'll add any new files to the database.
It's not like the mldb where it has to do a complete rescan, so it shouldn't take long.

@Kn0tte
We have a Tech Support forum for issues like this. I suggest that you start a new thread in there, rather than clogging up this one ;-)
Old 22nd December 2007, 00:02   #63
Juanus
Major Dude

O.K. I feel a little bad because the Kn0tte was getting freyed. So here is my contribution to help out a little.

In windowshade mode, stretch it out and then click the button that is being pointed to in the picture. Voila, buttons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipboard.jpg (33.5 KB, 288 views)
Old 22nd December 2007, 00:14   #64
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
O.K. I feel a little bad because the Kn0tte was getting freyed. So here is my contribution to help out a little.

In windowshade mode, stretch it out and then click the button that is being pointed to in the picture. Voila, buttons.
Ops.. This explains alot..

When I started talking about the scroller styles in winshade mode, I meant in PLAYLIST-winshade mode.. Now I see that it is working in main window winshade mode... And buttons
Heh.. My fault.. Thanks anyway..

But if you look at playlist winshade, you will see what I mean.. The scroller option does not affect that area.. Heh
Old 22nd December 2007, 00:27   #65
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Doh! Yup, it's not implemented for the playlist winshade ticker.
Though the songticker 'disable' and 'modern scrolling' options do also work for the playlist ticker, so I guess the classic option should as well.
I'll leave this one for Martin to comment on...
Old 22nd December 2007, 10:36   #66
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Doh! Yup, it's not implemented for the playlist winshade ticker.
Though the songticker 'disable' and 'modern scrolling' options do also work for the playlist ticker, so I guess the classic option should as well.
I'll leave this one for Martin to comment on...
Heh, yes And the pixel setting should also work =)
Old 22nd December 2007, 11:28   #67
deadp0et

Hello everybody.

I just tried out the new 5.51.

1. Disappointment! you didn't put Album Art support for Classic Skin... will you ever put that in?

2. Where does Winamp 5.5x store its bookmarks? Old Winamp had that cool .bm file... what about it? I lost all my bms after a clean install. Is there a way not to lose them next install?

3. Italian localisation sucks (as usual ) Where did you get the translator??? Out of the woods?

Cheers mates and keep up the good work! (and give us Album Art support for Classic Skin!)
Davide
Old 22nd December 2007, 12:49   #68
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Just wanted to say, great work! So many improvements, and finally, a better German translation!

(Note: The Version History page in the "player" section on the website doesn't work, maybe have a look at this...)

Merry Christmas to you all.

kzuse
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:39   #69
Hawk

I have some serious problems. I work most of the time with a docked toolbar. But since this new version 5.51 I can't get Winamp to do what I want.

I want to switch from full screen Bento to docked tool bar and it does not work. Very frustrating! No other plugins than the ones that come with clean install are installed.

And yes, clean install.

Also Winamp does not remember my settings when I activate docked toolbar. I have to re-enable that mode every time.

When I enable docked toolbar mode the bento skin filles the lower half of my screen but does not go into docked toolbar mode.

At my last try I got the message that memory could not be read. Can anyone help?
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:24   #70
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@kzuse

Hmm, the Version History page loads fine here.
It's probably a cache related issue, which will hopefully sort itself out over the next few hours...

@Hawk

Bento docked toolbar and maximize features work fine for me,
as does switching between the various modes
(eg. docked toolbar -> top, then maximize, restore, etc).
I'm not sure what you're doing (wrong),
but the Tech Support forum is this way -->

I did however notice that the tooltips don't seem to work in docked toolbar mode...

@deadp0et

5.51 is essentially a maintenance release.

1. An album Art window for classic skins probably isn't going to happen anyway.
It would need to be implemented via a plugin that only loads for classic skins, not modern skins...

3. Community member Flocksoft updated the Italian WLZ a bit.
Is it still as bad as it was in 5.5?
Maybe you can do a better job?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=278039

2. Bookmarks are saved in winamp.bm, i.e. the same place as always.
Maybe you're looking in the wrong folder?
e.g. %ProgramFiles%\Winamp instead of %AppData%\Winamp

Lord knows. Some of you people (generalization, not just directed at deadp0et) don't make it easy for us by not supplying any information whatsoever to help us to help you (see first post).
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:45   #71
nhexima

Nice stuff. So glad you can choose to not install the Dashboard (unless it was there before and I just didn't notice it...) The program and skin run noticibly smoother now. I liked 5.5, but even if this is just a maintenance release, I dig this more. Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2007, 15:26   #72
Hawk

Quote:

@Hawk

Bento docked toolbar and maximize features work fine for me,
as does switching between the various modes
(eg. docked toolbar -> top, then maximize, restore, etc).
I'm not sure what you're doing (wrong),
but the Tech Support forum is this way -->
Thats what I thought since no one else was reporting this.

Thanks for the lead but of course I knew that already.
Old 22nd December 2007, 17:17   #73
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Yes, version history page started to work here at ~14:00. Before that time, it only showed "<?"...

So now it's all fine!
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:21   #74
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Album Art Support

Quote:
@deadp0et

5.51 is essentially a maintenance release.

It would need to be implemented via a plugin that only loads for classic skins, not modern skins
What was deadp0et referring to when talking about "Album Art support"?
Having an Album Art window for the Classic Skin?
Or the more general feature request for Album Art config (see Note #4 in original post)?

I use the Classic Skin, and can deal without having a Album Art window ... as long as I have a means for displaying Album Art for Albums with the same title in the meantime

Last edited by jph6t; 22nd December 2007 at 19:24.
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:26   #75
deadp0et

Quote:
It would need to be implemented via a plugin that only loads for classic skins, not modern skins...

Ok... I just hope somebody will be releasing that plugin... Is it allowed to hope?

Quote:
3. Community member Flocksoft updated the Italian WLZ a bit.
Is it still as bad as it was in 5.5?

No, not that bad... it improved a bit, but still far from smooth

Quote:
2. Bookmarks are saved in winamp.bm, i.e. the same place as always.
Maybe you're looking in the wrong folder?
e.g. %ProgramFiles%\Winamp instead of %AppData%\Winamp

I was. Here it is in %AppData%\Winamp indeed. But it just used to be in %ProgramFiles%\Winamp, wasn't it? How could I know it bought a new house and moved?

Thanks for your answers!
Davide

PS: I wish I had time to improve the Italian localisation of all the applications I like... unfortunately I have not.

PS2: @ jph6t: I don't what are you talking about... Can you visualise Album Art using Classic Skin, or not?
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:40   #76
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Album Art Support

Quote:
Originally posted by deadp0et
PS2: @ jph6t: I don't what are you talking about... Can you visualise Album Art using Classic Skin, or not?
I don't know what you are talking about

Album Art is already there in the Classic Skin via the ML.
Besides the tiny little Album Arts that can be displayed in the Album pane ... you can also create a dedicated Album Art SmartView that shows nothing but Album cover art.

Now granted, this isn't the same as the Album Art window it seems you are requesting (as others before you) ... akin to the window that is already available in the Modern Skin ... but it's not like Album Art is completely unavailable in via the Classic Skin.

It's just my personal opinion (not looking to start a debate on this - opinion is subjective and in the end it's not my call what things are developed in what order) that
addressing the weaknesses with the existing Album Art functionality/design would be of priority over introducing new functionality (like an Album Art window for Classic Skins).
And as I understand it from DJ Egg's past posts, such a fix would likely only come
if/when Album Art config is added to Winamp.

Last edited by jph6t; 22nd December 2007 at 19:24.
Old 22nd December 2007, 20:26   #77
deadp0et

Re: Re: Album Art Support

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t

Album Art is already there in the Classic Skin via the ML.
Besides the tiny little Album Arts that can be displayed in the Album pane ... you can also create a dedicated Album Art SmartView that shows nothing but Album cover art.
I'm happy to know this, but I really have no clue on how to do it. Could you explain it to me?
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:08   #78
jsserver

Winamp version support for Shoutcast?

I don't know where to post this exactly, but does annybody know if this version of Winamp is supported by Shoutcast?

If If look at the site of Shoutcast there is no current info. about this and there is only a link to the Winamp site that goes to the downloadpage.

Anybody who know's this?

M.B.
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:28   #79
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

What do you mean with SHOUTcast support?

Yeah, you can listen to shoutcast streams with Winamp 5.51 like with all other Winamp versions too. Also, you can stream your own stuff with the SHOUTcast DSP plug-in like in all other Winamp versions.
Old 23rd December 2007, 07:23   #80
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
@Juanus: Find File On Disk 1.57 is working correctly for me; pops up the parent folder with the target file selected.
Its working perfectly because you have to have JTFE installed. I purposly didn't select that when I initially installed. I reinstalled with JTFE and now my find file on disk works too!
Hooray!
Just so it is not a mystery, I read about the plugin over at nunzioweb and it mentioned that you needed to have JTFE.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion