Old 4th October 2006, 04:32   #1
LBJargens

Sort List by Date Created

I like to have all the songs that I've recently put on my computer to be in the same place. It would be great if Winamp could sort files by date created instead of by title or filepath. Is there a way to do that already that I don't know about?
LBJargens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 08:04   #2
siebe83
Forum King

If you add your files to the Media Library database, you can use the 'Recently added' view under Local Media.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 17:13   #3
CJatFenway

Complete agreement. It's incredibly annoying. xmms manages to do it in the linux world, it'd be nice if Winamp would offer a plugin/patch that adds this simple, yet useful feature.
CJatFenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:41   #4
natenjo

Quote:
Originally posted by CJatFenway
Complete agreement. It's incredibly annoying. xmms manages to do it in the linux world, it'd be nice if Winamp would offer a plugin/patch that adds this simple, yet useful feature.
dito
natenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 11:34   #5
magnum80

sort ML data by filedate

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
If you add your files to the Media Library database, you can use the 'Recently added' view under Local Media.
Hi!

Sadly the "recently added" view does only show recently added files and that only for a couple of days.

I and many others would LOVE to see a view in the media library that lists the whole library content by file date (created or modified). This way it is super easy to see which songs are new. This would be such a kick ass feature. It's the only action I can't do from within Winamp 5.52. If you can add this feature you'll make our days. I tried to create a view myself but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks a lot!

Happy Easter!

Greetings
magnum80
magnum80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:42   #6
magnum80

Solution

Hi guys!

I played around with the smart view and finally got it. It is so simple but one tiny translation bug kept me from success a while.

My solution for a smart view that sorts all songs in my ML by file date:
- Create new smart view: is video = 0. Click OK.
- Add column filetime and use it for sorting.
Done.

I don't know if "filetime" now actually uses the file-creation date or still the file-modified date. Haven't tried it yet.

My problem was that I am using the German version and filetime got translated into "Titellänge" (song length) instead of e.g. "Dateidatum". Therefore I was not able to find the column everyone was referring to.

But still, adding this kinda view as a default would be cool for future releases.

Happy Easter!
Old 19th February 2010, 09:45   #7
Ralfonso

Hi,

i'm currently evaluating a couple media players to migrate to. I'm impressed how far WINAMP has come, since I last used it many years back. Especially the SmartView feature is awesome. However, the single one task I really need it to do seems impossible: I want a view that shows me all my new MP3s (say newer than 3 months). Unfortunately the fields "last updated" (used by the smartview "recently added") and "file time" only apply to the last change.

Is there any way to sort/filter by file creation? I imagine, if there's a field for "file date last changed", it shouldn't be too difficult to implement the field "file date creation".

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Ralf
Ralfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 20:29   #8
Ralfonso

Any updates on this? I would really appreciate it if there was not only an option to sort by "date modified" but also by "date created".
Old 1st December 2010, 14:25   #9
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

In the Media Library,
Look into the main library window where the tracks are listed,
RIGHT CLICK the column headers,
Select CUSTOMIZE COLUMNS,
Try adding one of the other optional columns

This dialog lets you choose exactly what is displayed on the screen in that list and how.

I would assume you could experiment with one of: "Last Updated" or "File Time".

(I don't know if this is an answer, but worth a check)

Once you have your date column added, just left click on it to make the list sort by that column.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:01   #10
Ralfonso

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately there is only one field for "File Time" which relates to "date changed". There should be two: one for "date changed" and one for "date created".

I want to import all my files to Winamp and create a filter that shows me the newest files. The files that were last update are not the newest ones though.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:10   #11
magnum80

I used the file time column as well. It would be cool to have this kind of list but with album covers instead of a list of single tracks. I wasn't able to add a file time column in the album pane. Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 5th December 2010, 11:41   #12
Ralfonso

You might want to open a different thread for this issue.

Are the developers reading these postings anyways? Maybe I should post in the "wishlist" forum.

All the best
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support