Old 10th July 2008, 01:07   #41
lopardo2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
Squadman...

As DrO said above, not a bug. That's the way those 2 new buttons are supposed to look, and is the way Martin created them.

Here they are in Windowshade mode...

[Image]

And I rather like them. They "stand out"!
Is it possible to remove those buttons? I really don't like them there.
Old 10th July 2008, 01:19   #42
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by lopardo2003
Is it possible to remove those buttons? I really don't like them there.
You quoted me above, but did you not also read earlier in this thread what DrO posted? ...
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
bento\window\controls.png or big bento\window\componentcontrols.png are the files to be altered (depending on the bento version in use).
So, alter or remove them (by perhaps substituting transparent images) as you'd like, if you don't like their "looks". To me, their "function" counts a hell of a lot more than looks, although as I already said, I rather like them.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 10th July 2008, 01:34   #43
lopardo2003

Yes, I did read that post, but I didn't know how to do it. I was asking if there was an option somewhere. Thanks.
Old 10th July 2008, 01:38   #44
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There is no option and probably never will be an option. Simply replace these 2 files with the png files from the previous version.

Where these files are located was mentioned many times before in this thread.

@Squadman

That the video window won't open automatically for .swf files is known and probably just one of the many format limitations. There is also no EQ support, there is no elapsed/remaining time, progress bar doesn't work etc.
Old 10th July 2008, 02:11   #45
lopardo2003

I tried removing the buttons from the image, but it didn't work, so I took a look at the files and removed it from skins\bento\xml\player-shade.xml. No more useless buttons in my shade Winamp.
Old 10th July 2008, 02:31   #46
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley

I love alpha channels! Here you go, extract the images over the old ones. controls.png is bento, componentcontrols.png is big bento. They don't work so well with a colour theme.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z new-bento-buttons.7z (21.3 KB, 395 views)

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 10th July 2008, 07:59   #47
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
in player-elements.xml
code:

<bitmap id="infocomp.button.icon.search" file="window/componentcontrols.png" x="32" y="289" h="17" w="32" gammagroup="DisplayText"/>
<bitmap id="infocomp.button.icon.nowplaying" file="window/componentcontrols.png" x="64" y="289" h="17" w="32" gammagroup="DisplayText"/>

change DisplayText to PlayerButton

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 10th July 2008, 09:49   #48
operic

I get Error when I try to use AOL Radio:
Quote:
A Runtime Error has occured.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 185
Error: 'oWa.FLV' is null or not an object
What could be the problem?
Old 10th July 2008, 14:18   #49
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Did you make sure Nullsoft FLV Decoder (in_flv.dll) was checkmarked in the Installer Options?

AOL Radio streams are now all .flv

You can't use the old in_dshow flv workaround method for playing them.

Note, if you require support for youtube flv playback, install the 'Additional FLV Decoder' from the Essential Pack, and remove FLV from in_dshow config.

Though yeah, latest in_flv needs to be present whatever.
Of course, if you'd attached your 'List of Plugins', then I wouldn't need to be guessing.
See first post in thread for details.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:23   #50
cnicog

Are you guys planning on having support for IPOD touch anytime soon? (ml_ipod doesn't have ipod touch support either btw)

Or should I buy a new mp3 player that winamp supports? Or can you give me an alternative to itunes ^_^
Old 10th July 2008, 20:42   #51
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Nope. We currently can't support iTouch or iPhone because
1) they don't mount as a mass storage drive
2) it's proprietary Apple closed source

http://www.winamp.com/player/faq#225
Old 10th July 2008, 21:27   #52
homes32

Quote:
Are you guys planning on having support for IPOD touch anytime soon? (ml_ipod doesn't have ipod touch support either btw)
actually ml_ipod DOES have limited iPOD Touch and iphone support

http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/wiki/I..._touch_support

homes32
Old 10th July 2008, 22:50   #53
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by homes32
actually ml_ipod DOES have limited iPOD Touch and iphone support

http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/wiki/I..._touch_support
Limited is the key... but would you please stop coming over to this side of the board and spamming us with use of ml_ipod. I would really appreciate it. When someone asks for Unicode, no one goes over there and recommends pmp_ipod. SO QUIT IT! if you cannot follow forum guidlines, I hope someone bans your butt.
Old 11th July 2008, 01:36   #54
SOOPRcow

Send a message via AIM to SOOPRcow
I gotta say I'm pretty upset about the "More Information about this Artist" button that was randomly added to the "Winamp Modern" skin's shade mode right next to the timer. What this has done is increase the minimum width at which the shade mode needs to be to display the timer. Not only that but it doesn't even make sense being in front of the timer. It should be placed before or after the artist.

Anyway, thanks for the useless button with no option to remove it.

Edit: Is it just me or are the options in the "Options" tab completely not working? (Winamp Modern Skin)

David Serrano :: Winamp5 Skining Guru
Old 11th July 2008, 09:37   #55
magnum80

DropBox

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
* New: [gen_dropbox] Winamp DropBox alpha (use: Ctrl-Shift-D)
Its actual purpose is still a bit of a mystery, but all shall be revealed in good course...
Hi guys, great work!
I just don't get what this new DropBox feature is for. Thanks for any small hint!

Two tiny things I would love to see.
1) The ctrl+f (open file in explorer) function within playlists.
2) Even cooler would be real drag-n-drop of files from winamp (media library items/playlist songs) to e.g. a folder window.

Cheers
Winamp really kicks a$$!
Old 11th July 2008, 09:40   #56
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
1) http://nunzioweb.com/daz/ffod.html
2) http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/

Yay Plugins!

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 11th July 2008, 15:35   #57
TheUniqueTiger

Wow! There is this final version so soon after the beta! Great work dev team!!!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 11th July 2008, 16:21   #58
Fa$t-Eddie

Those buttons have to go...

I have been a loyal user of Winamp for best part of 10 years and this really annoys me. One of the best things about it is its minimalism, and lack of pointless crap.

They don't bother me in full mode as they don't take up any more space or look out of place - but in shade mode they are not necessary.

Shade mode = Power user
Power user = someone who knows enough about music/internet to search about an artist.

You don't need those buttons in shade mode.
Shade mode should be compact and minimal, basics only...
...how often do you search the web for an artist you clearly already know about because you are already listening to them?

Last edited by Fa$t-Eddie; 11th July 2008 at 16:56.
Old 11th July 2008, 17:02   #59
homes32

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
Limited is the key... but would you please stop coming over to this side of the board and spamming us with use of ml_ipod. I would really appreciate it. When someone asks for Unicode, no one goes over there and recommends pmp_ipod. SO QUIT IT! if you cannot follow forum guidlines, I hope someone bans your butt.
your right limited is the key. cnicog's post implied ml_ipod had no support whatsoever.

I do not consider pointing out a free plugin's features spam. especially when the requested features are not native to Winamp. you know of another plugin? feel free to recommended it. the more choices the better.

homes32
Old 11th July 2008, 19:44   #60
BZRK

Why do I get redirected to the browser tab with artist info when I start a new track from outside Winamp (ie. Windows Explorer)?
Can I disable this behaviour, if so how?
Old 11th July 2008, 20:33   #61
fsmmls

Re: Those buttons have to go...

I commented the part of the search and information button out of the XML file, but now i end up with a relatively large gap between the timer and the control-slider.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fa$t-Eddie
I have been a loyal user of Winamp for best part of 10 years and this really annoys me. One of the best things about it is its minimalism, and lack of pointless crap.

They don't bother me in full mode as they don't take up any more space or look out of place - but in shade mode they are not necessary.

Shade mode = Power user
Power user = someone who knows enough about music/internet to search about an artist.

You don't need those buttons in shade mode.
Shade mode should be compact and minimal, basics only...
...how often do you search the web for an artist you clearly already know about because you are already listening to them?
Yeah, I totally agree with that! You could at least make it configurable..

I am thinking of returning to the previous version of winamp, these buttons are anoying me..

Old 11th July 2008, 20:43   #62
homes32

Re: Re: Those buttons have to go...

Quote:
Originally posted by fsmmls

I am thinking of returning to the previous version of winamp, these buttons are anoying me..

no need to return to the previous version. just use a different skin or use the Bento skin from the last version. if your adventurous you can try one of the fixes mentioned above.

I do agree with you though. the new buttons are fine in the main window but the shade mode should be kept as simple as possible.

homes32
Old 11th July 2008, 21:36   #63
fsmmls

Re: Re: Re: Those buttons have to go...

Quote:
Originally posted by homes32
no need to return to the previous version. just use a different skin or use the Bento skin from the last version. if your adventurous you can try one of the fixes mentioned above.

I do agree with you though. the new buttons are fine in the main window but the shade mode should be kept as simple as possible.
I've removed the buttons right now. But now I'll end up with a big space at the old position of the buttons. It's better, but I just want it the way it was yesterday

I am going to try the Bentoo skin from the previous version now, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11th July 2008, 21:46   #64
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Wow! Two pages taken up with people moaning about spam buttons and AV false-positives. Does anyone have anything positive to say about the other unmentioned 56 entries in whatsnew?

ps. For Kn0tte *
Old 11th July 2008, 21:51   #65
chimichanga15

Send a message via AIM to chimichanga15
I think I may have found a bug... In any(?) modern skin (I found this in both Winamp Modern and MMD3, but not in Winamp Classic, haven't looked at Bento) when the playlist is in compact mode and has focus, the playback controls don't work (like 'c' to pause, 'v' to stop, etc). It works fine when the playlist is expanded or when the main window has focus. I've only noticed this since 5.54 was released. Can anyone else duplicate this?
Old 11th July 2008, 23:16   #66
fsmmls

Quote:
Wow! Two pages taken up with people moaning about spam buttons and AV false-positives. Does anyone have anything positive to say about the other unmentioned 56 entries in whatsnew?

ps. For Kn0tte *
I am surprised to see that even a moderator call these things spam buttons.

The fact that some customers are complaining about it might be a sign to you guys, the producers, that perhaps they don't like these buttons and there might be some room for improvement. Well, if you don't like to know what the customers don't like about the product, it's fine with me, I don't give a damn but I don't think that all the other people appreciate this kind of response when complaining about something.

Quote:
Originally posted by chimichanga15
I think I may have found a bug... In any(?) modern skin (I found this in both Winamp Modern and MMD3, but not in Winamp Classic, haven't looked at Bento) when the playlist is in compact mode and has focus, the playback controls don't work (like 'c' to pause, 'v' to stop, etc). It works fine when the playlist is expanded or when the main window has focus. I've only noticed this since 5.54 was released. Can anyone else duplicate this?
That works fine with me.

Edit: on Bento
Old 11th July 2008, 23:31   #67
Cianca

Quote:
For now, all you can really do with it is drag+drop songs into it from anywhere that allows drag+drop (winamp media library, windows explorer, etc), and save playlists (click the Playlist icon thing in the dropbox window for the menu). I also think double-click/enter on songs in it acts as Play/Enqueue (whatever is the default action in Winamp -> General Prefs)...
there is any chance that DropBox can substitute actual playlist?

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 12th July 2008, 01:38   #68
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@chimichanga15

Yes, I can reproduce that issue with the Winamp Modern skin, but not Classic or Bento.

The keyboard shortcuts (z,x,c,v,b,etc) are broken for Modern pledit winshade.

@fsmmls

Correct. I'm not so keen on them either, but it's such a trivial matter to me, especially compared to all the other improvements and fixes (e.g. my main area is bug reports, and it overjoys me to see all known bugs being fixed).

You can edit them out in the xml if you despise them that much.
DrO, Martin, J_Darnley & others showed you how back on page 1.

But yeah, of course you're right. I myself voiced my opinion on them during dev/beta stage, and thought they'd look a lot better if they just looked like all the other buttons (as in J_Darnley's screenshot on page 1). But who am I anyway?

@Cianca

Lord knows. Your guess is as good as mine :-D
Old 12th July 2008, 13:26   #69
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
ps. For Kn0tte *
Oh yeah!
Good work DEVs!

Im glad to see it fixed, even though it didnt make it for 5.54 :P
(I know it doesnt matter now, but I noticed that the bug's behaviour is different in 5.54 Final; It appeared behind the first time only, but not the rest (until restart..))

But now it is really fixed, for good?
Though if you really want a confirmation that it is fixed, you could send me the file(s) on PM.. I have 2 (actually 3) computers to test it on, so :P

Anyway, GOOD WORK!

Last edited by Kn0tte; 12th July 2008 at 14:24.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:22   #70
fsmmls

Quote:
@chimichanga15

@fsmmls

but it's such a trivial matter to me, especially compared to all the other improvements and fixes (e.g. my main area is bug reports, and it overjoys me to see all known bugs being fixed).
Yeah, of course. I am happy to see these bugs fixed too. Actually these buttons doesn't matter me so much either, I got them removed by now.
Old 12th July 2008, 19:03   #71
pltan

Modern skin gone missing?

Hi I just updated to 5.54 and it seems I'm stuck with only classic skins. I've tried installing again, but to no avail.

Can someone pls help?
Old 12th July 2008, 19:17   #72
ujay
Forum King

Did you disable Modern Skin Support in the installer.

Comes under the 'User Interface Extensions' heading, maybe not the most obvious place.

UJ
Old 12th July 2008, 20:05   #73
synthetiq

guess i found a bug in final 5.54
can anyone reproduce it ?

1.pause playback
2.close winamp
3.open winamp

4. and ... playback starts automatically

---------------
using win xp, sp2
and WA 5.54
Old 12th July 2008, 20:08   #74
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Isn't this a feature, you're talking about? I guess you've installed the Essentials Pack and Time Restore and Autoplay plug-in restores playback.

There is an option for this plugin, so that it will restore the pause status too.
Old 12th July 2008, 20:08   #75
synthetiq

ups! sorry
auto play option from WA essentials was active!
sorry!
Old 12th July 2008, 20:12   #76
synthetiq

how about this?
the selection of the cover in the library isnt complete when i click over the cover in the ML

thankx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg library_selection2.jpg (104.8 KB, 285 views)
Old 12th July 2008, 20:38   #77
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

[edit > JM] Ignore this post. Nunzio is on another one of his mindless tangents again [/edit]

Waddya mean? The 3 dots following the shortened name instead of displaying the full name under the album art/covers? That's how everything functions in Windows when icons/thumbnails/images are shown instead of details/list. I mean look at the shortcuts on your Desktop. Look at the view in Windows Explorer or My Computer when the view is set to something other than details or list.

Expected behavior, inherent to Windows Operating systems. If you want to see the full names/descriptions in the ML then change the view from Album Art to either not show the art at all (toggle it off with the button) or Small/Medium/Large details.
Old 12th July 2008, 20:45   #78
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Known Bugs
Quote:
Temp Section: 5.5x-specific issues/regressions

2. AlbumArt icon background selection glitch in Local Media views *

Legend
* = Fixed in latest internal builds
Old 12th July 2008, 20:49   #79
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Ehhh! Nevermind. I didn't realize synthetiq was talking about the above, but now that I reexamined his screenshot, I see the highlight glitch/bug that the arrow actually points to.
Old 12th July 2008, 21:39   #80
pltan

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
Did you disable Modern Skin Support in the installer.

Comes under the 'User Interface Extensions' heading, maybe not the most obvious place.

UJ
You are absolutely correct. Thank you.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion