Other (specify please ) 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd March 2016, 12:00   #41
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

* ITS first black president
* ITS first orange one

Dear internet: If you don't know how to use apostrophes, don't.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:15   #42
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

If Donald trump becomes President of the USA then we might as well all kiss our asses goodbye ... he'll start a nuclear war!

USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:01   #43
gaekwad2
Foorum King

I don't know. I'm old enough to have survived senile Bonzo, Drumpf doesn't scare me that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
http://nbc4i.com/2016/02/29/ohio-far...age-in-manure/

^ This is the town where my wife's parents and grandmother live. ^
Guess she can be proud of her heritage.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 04:56   #44
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
How honest are the candidates? Here's some Politifact data:
Since the thread title includes "Republican", I chose to list them first. Within each party, I ordered the candidates in terms of who has the most votes as of this posting. This took longer than I thought it would. Visit the politifact website for details of each and every claim listed.

Republican:

Trump (77% of claims are mostly false or worse):

Cruz:

Rubio:

Democrat:

H. Clinton:

Sanders:

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 05:12   #45
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
If Sanders weren't anti-2nd Amendment, I'd likely vote for him.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 05:29   #46
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

If you were to just look at democrats (not mentioning Republicans, because they are clearly pro-gun), Sanders is much lighter on anti-gun rhetoric than Clinton, especially in this last debate. Note the conversation on the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdAa7dn318

He somewhat (although quite weakly) defended gun owners and manufacturers. What's important to remember though, is that there is a strong enough population in this country that will prevent any president from doing anything drastic. As a gun owner, I don't feel threatened by any of the candidates. I believe that none of them will successfully cause the firearms I have to become illegal.

Personally I'm torn on the issue. I don't want basic rifles, shotguns, and pistols to become illegal. For me, guns such as these serve as protection and a cost-effective alternative to grocery shopping. On the other hand, if it became necessary to register them, wait for a cool-down period, or have a background check, I wouldn't be upset.

If someone needs a fully automatic rifle to protect themselves, he/she would be better served with different layers of security. If someone needs a fully automatic rifle to hunt, he/she should stick with fishing. If he/she needs it for sport or employment, he/she should have a credential-earning process completed.

Old 9th March 2016, 08:13   #47
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Not wanting to turn this thread into a gun-control discussion, but since you brought it up…

I like the literary device of replacing the operative noun, in a given passage of text, with another. Gun advocates like to replace "knives" with "guns" (see this piece by Ken White at Popehat) to point out the apparent absurdity of banning knives (or some knives) in the UK, and banning guns (or some guns) in the US.

I counter by suggesting "guns" be replaced by "thermonuclear weapons" or "C4".

Why ban some or all knives/guns/C4? Because people die if you don't, and there has to be a line beyond which the number of deaths caused or potentially caused by ____ becomes unacceptable.

Back on topic:

I read Louis CK's open letter (of sorts) to Donald Trump. Quite amusing; I'm wondering if Drumpf supporters take issue with any of the apparent facts and quotes presented therein.

Old 10th March 2016, 00:10   #48
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
Correction: the piece was by Patrick Non-White at Popehat.

Old 10th March 2016, 00:21   #49
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
If someone needs a fully automatic rifle to protect themselves, he/she would be better served with different layers of security. If someone needs a fully automatic rifle to hunt, he/she should stick with fishing. If he/she needs it for sport or employment, he/she should have a credential-earning process completed.
That's the thing. Getting a fully automatic weapon IS served with a different level of security.

1) All fully automatic firearms must have been registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986. That puts the supply of those specific registered components in the position of being VERY limited. These components and firearms are known as NFA (National Firearms Act) items.
2) Not only is passing a background check require for the transfer of one of those guns (or the registered components) to your name, you must also submit paperwork to your CLEO (which is being changed a bit) AND pay a $200 tax to the BATFE. Which they may deny, and then you're stuck being unable to take possession of the part/gun. If they DO approve, it can take MONTHS of waiting.
2) Because of number 1, fully automatic weapons are NOT $500-$1000. They generally start at $10,000 for one.

4-ish) As of March 2014, according to the ATF, there are 3.5 million NFA firearm owners. Between 2006 and 2014, only 12 NFA owners have been convicted of a crime, and there is no evidence that these crimes were committed with NFA firearms. So literally 99.99996% of NFA owners have never committed a crime.

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians.” – George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment.

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves.” – Richard Henry Lee.

“And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” – George Washington

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” – Patrick Henry.

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.” – Noah Webster.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin.

“A free people ought to be armed.” – George Washington.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” – George Washington.

Old 10th March 2016, 00:48   #50
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's funny how readily you're giving up all sorts of rights and submitting to the most ridiculous kinds of security theater, but guns, no, they're sacred. As if they'd ever done you any good.

Though, if what you mean by protection is the ability to "accidentally" shoot your daughter's boyfriend when he comes to pick her up, that's at least a realistic proposition.
That and the ability to shoot black people whenever you feel like it. Because, uh, they're all so scary.
Old 10th March 2016, 01:20   #51
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
How honest are the candidates? Here's some Politifact data
For balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolitiFact.com
A writer with the left-leaning magazine The Nation argued that findings like this are a reflection of "fact-checkers simply doing their job […] Republicans today just happen to be more egregiously wrong". A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case by case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead". The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase […] in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]". Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".

Old 10th March 2016, 02:43   #52
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
It's funny how readily you're giving up all sorts of rights and submitting to the most ridiculous kinds of security theater, but guns, no, they're sacred. As if they'd ever done you any good.

Though, if what you mean by protection is the ability to "accidentally" shoot your daughter's boyfriend when he comes to pick her up, that's at least a realistic proposition.
That and the ability to shoot black people whenever you feel like it. Because, uh, they're all so scary.
If you think I'm for less rights, you'd be wrong. I'm all for booting out ever single politician and having a complete do-over, and not electing a single person that's ever won an election before. I also want much smaller government, and more adherence to the Constitution.

But lets look at some 2013 numbers from the CDC:

In 2013, a total of 2,596,993 resident deaths were registered in the United States.
16,121 from homicide

Motor-vehicle accidents: 35,369
Suicides by firearms: 21,175 (51.46% of the 41,149 total suicides)
Alcohol induced deaths: 29,001
Accidental drowning: 3,391
-- smoke, fire, and flames: 2,760
Falls: 30,208
Poisoning and noxious substance exposure: 38,851
Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis: 36,427
Influenza and pneumonia: 56,979
Major cardiovascular (heart) diseases: 796,494
Tuberculosis: 555

Homicide by discharge of firearm: 11,208 (69.52% of all homicides, or less than half of a percent of all deaths)
Discharge of firearm, undetermined intent: 281
Accidental firearm discharge: 505

Some FBI statistics from 2013 shows there were 12,253 murders with 8,454 via firearm (69%). So it would look like 75.43% of firearm homicides were straight up murder. This FBI chart breaks those 12,258 murders down further.

Back to the CDC for 2013, homicides aren't even on the top 10 list of most common causes of death, let alone homicide by firearm.

But nah, let's continue to propagate the lie that the US has a gun problem, make up nonsense about firearms and how they operate (like, you know, "ghost guns" with 30 caliber clips that can disperse 30 bullets within half a second, or the infamous "thing that goes up"), and refuse to actually be knowledgeable on the 2nd Amendment, firearms themselves, and the terminology of both (like the ridiculous belief that "AR" stands for "Assault Rifle" or the inability to comprehend what a "militia" is despite having defined it in several laws).

Old 12th March 2016, 17:48   #53
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Orange you glad you voted for Trump?
Seriously, does everything have to be reality TV anymore?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 22:54   #54
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Just wait until the sex scandals get introduced to the plot.

Old 13th March 2016, 17:53   #55
webthing
Forum King

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 02:00   #56
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I'm curious to know why more republicans aren't looking at Kasich. He's the least offensive of the bunch when it comes to republicans. I can't endorse him for a number of reasons, mostly because as an educator, I hate him taking public school money and putting it toward charter schools with little to no accountability. Mostly, he's moderate though, which just doesn't make good television ratings I guess.

Old 15th March 2016, 02:42   #57
webthing
Forum King

These are just some of Kasich’s statements on immigration.

1) “God Bless” Illegal Immigrants

Illegal immigrants are a “critical part of our society,” John Kasich told the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce last October. “For those that are here that have been law abiding, God bless them,” Kasich said—arguing that illegals “should have a path to legalization.”

2) “I couldn’t imagine” enforcing our current immigration laws: “That is not… the kind of values that we believe in.”

On the GOP debate stage in February, Kasich told millions of American voters that enforcing the nation’s immigration laws is not “the kind of values that we believe in.”

“I couldn’t even imagine how we would even begin to think about taking a mom or a dad out of a house when they have not committed a crime since they’ve been here, leaving their children in the house,” Kasich said. “That is not, in my opinion, the kind of values that we believe in.”

3) Kasich likened deporting the illegal population to Japanese internment camps

“To think that that we’re just going to put people on buses and ship them to the border—look at our World War II experience where we quarantined Japanese—I mean it’s a dark stain on America’s history,” Kasich said in November.

“We shouldn’t even think about it,” Kasich said of the “nutty” idea:

“I don’t know many people that believe we should deport 11 million people—just because people shout loud doesn’t mean they’re a majority. I think most Republicans would agree that you can’t deport 11 million people. We shouldn’t even think about it. What are you going to do? Break their families up?”

4) Illegal immigrants “are some of the hardest-working, God-fearing, family-oriented people you can ever meet.”

As Newsmax reported in August, when a New Hampshire town-hall attendee asked Kasich about illegal immigration and the burden illegal immigrants place upon the nation, Kasich dismissed the voter’s concern.

“A lot of these people who are here are some of the hardest-working, God-fearing, family-oriented people you can ever meet,” Kasich said referring to illegal immigrants. “These are people who are contributing significantly.”

Kasich made no mention of the fact that 87 percent of illegal immigrant households with children in 2012 were on welfare, according to a 2015 report based on Census Bureau data.

Kasich similarly made no mention of last year’s report from the liberal Migration Policy Institute which found that there are nearly one million illegal aliens in the United States with criminal convictions (820,000). This figure was not an estimation of total crimes committed by illegal immigrants—which would be a much higher number—but only those illegal aliens successfully identified, arrested, tried, and convicted.

5) Allowing ICE officers to do their jobs is not “humane”

Kasich told CBS last year that he does not support deporting the illegal population: “I don’t think it’s right; I don’t think it’s humane.”

Kasich also compared illegal immigration to cutting in line at a Taylor Swift concert: “I don’t favor citizenship [for illegals] because as I tell my daughters, you don’t jump the line to go to a Taylor Swift concert, you just don’t do it,” Kasich said.

However, Kasich has made clear that he is open to giving illegal immigrants citizenship. Moreover, a report from Columbus Dispatch suggests that Kasich favors green cards for illegal immigrants, which is the main pathway to citizenship.

6) America can’t deport illegal immigrants because they are “made in the image of the Lord”

In June, the Columbus Dispatch reported on a meeting that took place between John Kasich and an illegal immigrant and her son. After their meeting, Kasich said: “They’re just good people. They’re made in the image of the Lord, and you know, there’s a big element of compassion connected to how we treat people who are trying to find a way to a better life.”

If being “made in the image of the Lord” provides an exemption to America’s immigration law, then that would mean that all of the world’s seven billion people would be free to violate America’s immigration laws.

7) Kasich has called for implementing an open borders-style policy where workers can come and go as they please.

In July, Kasich told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that we need to “have a guest worker program so people can come in, work, and then leave. Our program is too narrow now.”

Kasich claim that the nation’s guest worker program, which admits an unprecedented number of foreign workers into the country, is “too narrow” is astonishing—and places him squarely in the tiny minority of the Republican electorate, only seven percent of whom want to increase immigration.

Moreover, Kasich’s call for a guest worker program that will allow workers to come and go as they please represents the central pillar of the open borders philosophy. Under this global one-world theory, any willing employer should be able to hire any willing worker regardless of the country in which they reside—thus removing any right that American workers be entitled to get American jobs. This is similar to the policy European countries have within the European Union—namely, people are entitled to move freely from one country to another. Kasich is essentially laying out how the same legal structure could be adopted for the United States and all the foreign countries of the world.

8) Kasich would enact amnesty within his first 100 days.

In last Thursday’s CNN debate, Kasich told voters that he would enact the largest amnesty in U.S. history within his first 100 days in office. “For the 11 and a half million who are here, then in my view if they have not committed a crime since they’ve been here, they get a path to legalization. Not to citizenship. I believe that program can pass the Congress in the first 100 days,” Kasich said.

9) America shouldn’t address ending birthright citizenship because it’s “dividing people”

Kasich has made clear that he does not want to discuss birthright citizenship as an issue. While Kasich previously supported ending birthright citizenship, he has since reversed his position—meaning he now supports giving citizenship to all children of illegal immigrants, or of tourists and guest-workers, who are born on U.S. soil.

“I don’t believe it should be a fundamental part of this whole thing because I think it remains dividing to people, to be honest with you,” Kasich said trying to take the issue off the table. “Let these people who are born here be citizens and that’s the end of it. I don’t want to dwell on it.”

“If you are born here, you’re a citizen. Period. End of story,” Kasich told the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce last October.

10) Illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay because “they’re here”

“With the 12 million—they’re here,” Kasich said explaining why he supports a path to legalization. “If they have been law-abiding, then I believe they should have a path to legalization… look, they have become a very important part of our society.”

When PBS’ Gwen Ifill pressed Kasich on how his position on the issue “rubs a lot of Republicans the wrong way,” Kasich said: “Well, what do you think we’re going to do? Go chasing them down? And put these big lights on top of cars? And go into neighborhoods hunting them down? That’s not—that’s not what America is.”

Another rich politician, that's totally out of touch with hard working blue collar folk.
Old 15th March 2016, 03:43   #58
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

That bullshit 12 million illegals figure has been used for over a decade. Number is closer to 25 million by this point.

Old 15th March 2016, 22:36   #59
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I fear that I'm in a minority here, but I agree with a lot of what Kasich says on immigration. I'd rather just let people come in and work, so long as they share the tax burden like the rest of us.

I'm the decedent of an immigrant. While it's true that my family went through the process legally, it is equally true that the process was a lot more reasonable at the time. I don't see why we should say no to the hard-working people that want in, so long as they can support themselves and their dependents. Perhaps those that make no attempt at working when they are able could be deported, but if someone wants to compete for my job, that will keep me working that much better to prove my worth. I don't mind that, as I feel I should be good enough at what I do to prove that no one can do it better at the price I am paid.

The idea of deporting millions of immigrants might seem like the natural consequence of breaking immigration laws, but the enforcement of it would be impossible, if not prohibitively expensive. I'd rather see immigration laws become more reasonable so that illegals can have a pathway to legalization, so that we can have honest hard workers here, while leaving a lower, more manageable number of people who show criminal behavior to be deported if necessary.

Personally, I can't blame people trying to find a better life for themselves. I have traveled "south of the boarder" multiple times and have seen the difference in the quality of life. With that in mind, it would crush my entire system of morals and ethics to tell them they shouldn't have the opportunities that my ancestors had.

I can't help but remember what I read when visiting the Statue of Liberty when hearing about Kasich's view, which is something that I believe in:
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

On the other hand, I can understand that this is quite a contrast to the republican platform. Perhaps that's why it doesn't sell during republican primary elections.

Old 25th March 2016, 03:09   #60
webthing
Forum King

Old 26th March 2016, 13:05   #61
webthing
Forum King

Old 26th April 2016, 06:07   #62
webthing
Forum King

Trump and Clinton share Delaware tax 'loophole' address with 285,000 firms

1209 North Orange Street in Wilmington is a nondescript two-storey building yet is home to Apple, American Airlines, Walmart and presidential candidates.

There aren’t many things upon which Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump agree, especially as they court very different Delaware voters ahead of a primary on Tuesday. But the candidates for president share an affinity for the same nondescript two-storey office building in Wilmington. A building that has become famous for helping tens of thousands of companies avoid hundreds of millions of dollars in tax through the so-called “Delaware loophole”.

This squat, yellow brick office building just north of Wilmington’s rundown downtown is the registered address of more than 285,000 companies. That’s more than any other known address in the world, and 15 times more than the 18,000 registered in Ugland House, a five-storey building in the Cayman Islands that Barack Obama called “either the biggest building in the world, or the biggest tax scam on record”.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...droidApp_Gmail
Old 5th June 2016, 21:58   #63
webthing
Forum King

Old 13th June 2016, 22:52   #64
webthing
Forum King

Old 14th June 2016, 00:00   #65
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Fun thing that Saudi Arabia is the US's #1 ally in the arab world.

But obviously none of those things matter when it comes to power games and lucrative arms deals.
Old 14th June 2016, 00:17   #66
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

"Saudi Arabia is fucked up, therefore it's okay for the POTUS to be similarly fucked up."

Logic.

Old 16th June 2016, 05:10   #67
webthing
Forum King

Old 1st July 2016, 16:01   #68
gaekwad2
Foorum King

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b..._10619944.html
Old 2nd July 2016, 05:38   #69
webthing
Forum King

Old 14th July 2016, 22:48   #70
webthing
Forum King

Old 20th July 2016, 14:26   #71
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Old 22nd July 2016, 02:10   #72
webthing
Forum King

Old 22nd July 2016, 18:01   #73
gaekwad2
Foorum King

After Trump's speech, I think I owe Reverend Pirkle an apology for lumping him in with these clowns.
Old 26th July 2016, 21:39   #74
gaekwad2
Foorum King

And for those who still think the democratic party is anywhere near "left wing":

https://medium.com/@jeevesmeister/de...4d5#.pk11qkcp7

Old 13th August 2016, 02:26   #75
webthing
Forum King

Old 13th August 2016, 20:56   #76
gaekwad2
Foorum King

joke of the day:
Quote:
Mr Spies, for one, is still hoping that Mr Trump can right the ship. "He just needs to stop saying offensive things."
(http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37040360)
Old 21st August 2016, 18:41   #77
webthing
Forum King

43 years ago...........boy have the times changed.
Old 21st August 2016, 20:21   #78
gaekwad2
Foorum King

But what's gone further down the drain, the GOP or country music?
Old 27th August 2016, 11:53   #79
webthing
Forum King

GOP

Old 28th August 2016, 03:43   #80
webthing
Forum King

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions