Old 6th August 2001, 00:16   #1
MaRINoL

I read Ax!s' post on how to fix this error in Win 2k... I attempted to utilize the Windows update feature in XP-however, since M$ auto dectects everything in the user's computer, I found myself SOL. I attempted to manually swap the Win 2k drivers I had on hand for the stock XP drivers however, XP has been made to be so dummy proof that this was also not an option(unless I missed something)... XP auto reverts to the last known good configuration upon reboot. I am really anxious to get Mr. Geiss' newest creation running on this OS. Any help, driver links, etc. would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
MaRINoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2001, 03:38   #2
MaRINoL

More NFO

Accidentally posted hardware info as a new thread; my bad. I had just installed XP a day ago and had missed the option to fully manually update drivers. Having found that, I have at this point installed the following drivers without any luck:

Win. XP build 2462 drivers
Crunchie's Omegadrive drivers
The most recent update for the V5 from 3dfx's site
and, finally, the Win. XP Micro$oft stock XP RC 2 drivers.
Some of the Win XP drivers that I have used may be found here: http://go.to/3dfxp
The only graphical issues I am experiencing with XP at this point revolve around Milkdrop, Anarchy Online, and Unreal Tournament. I should note that the specific issue I am having with U.T. is that it won't run in fullscreen period. The solution to my problem with U.T. will most likely resolve the issue with Milkdrop as well as, I feel that they are most likely one in the same.
The original "geiss" Winamp plug-in works flawlessly as does everything else I have tried at this point no matter which combination of drivers I use.

Any insight is appreciated.

THX
MaRINoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum