Old 31st December 2003, 14:26   #1
skupers

Send a message via AIM to skupers
My SPS wishes

I just found the Signal Processing Studio DSP plugin and, already having some experience with the coding language, I began working on some presets. I really like it, but I have a few wishes/suggestions; maybe you could implement them in a new version.
  • Let the code define the amount of sliders and buttons, with a maximum of 10 or some other number you (= the developer that is reading this ) want. This means no unused sliders and buttons and enough sliders and buttons to make effects which require a lot.
  • Make a comment dialog, to enable the preset authors to write what the sliders and buttons mean exactly.
  • Add in addition to sliders and buttons, 'signal lights'. The code can set these the enabled or disabled ( 1 or 0 ). This way the user can see for example if a slider is set to used or if an effect is used.
  • Update the 'functions' text in help. The 'if'-function still says 'AVS2.8+'.
  • Beat detection like the simple beat detection in AVS would be very cool. Then you could make effects that only work the second behind a beat.

I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong category, I didn't know where else to put it.
skupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2004, 22:24   #2
skupers

Another idea I just thought of is stacking presets on top of eachother with an AVS-like treeview interface.
Old 3rd January 2004, 12:06   #3
skupers

And another addition, to this list. Since the evallib is based on AVS, would it be possible to include the debug window from AVS? That way you can check if you've made any mistakes in the code.
Old 3rd January 2004, 12:26   #4
UnConeD
Whacked Moderator

SPS-stacking is an idea that's already been thought of, just not implemented yet.

The possibilities for SPS are certainly much larger than would seem at first: I implemented an FFT/IFFT in it yesterday .

UnConeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 23:06   #5
Zevensoft
Major Dude

Maybe some AVS<->SPS interactivity perhaps?

BTW UnConeD, you should check out my special code converter program, it really helps with named arrays and nested loops and stuff.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 3W | 4WW
Zevensoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2004, 20:13   #6
romulusnr

if i may...
  • assign(sliderX) forces and moves slider value
  • readout of slider value, for fine controlling
  • slider centering (and center label)
  • trig1 set on mouse-click (and continuously during click-hold), not mouse-release
  • some method of text output
  • Jump-to-frame ability, and current-frame index variable
  • Consistent processing order (whether SPS works after vis, or before vis -- configurable?)
romulusnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist