Old 3rd January 2010, 07:13   #1
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

I hate what America has become

There are so many reasons that frankly, it's hard to pick a place to start:

First of all.....when 28% of you brain dead fucking morons give a blithering IDIOT like Sarah Palin positive approval ratings and think she ought to run for president in 2012, it really makes me sick to know I am lumbered with that many mouth-breathing Cro-Magnons I unfortunately have to consider as my fellow countrymen....trust me.....I don't. You motherfuckers are beyond help.

And before you go thinking this is a "liberal" based rant.....that brings me to one more item on an ever-lengthening list.

This "Liberal" versus "Conservative" paradigm that so many of you simple dunces buy into.....as BOTH parties sell you out to the multinational corporations, banks and special interests that actually run Washington D.C.).....you do this STUPID dance every day, blithely detatched from the reality that YOU YOURSELF are helping to DIVIDE AND CONQUER the nation, as you myopically beat your little Hannity/Olberman drum of FUTILE self -righteous indignation. PATHETIC.

THIS is a nation of PUSSIES AND FUCKING COWARDS. If this nation had any BALLS WHATSOEVER, there would be a trail of DEAD MEN SWINGING FROM THE ENDS OF ROPES leading from AIG, thru WALL STREET, the not-so "Federal" reserve, the 9/11 commission, and right through every other set-up con-job you people just buy into like a bunch of CATTLE BEING LED TO SLAUGHTER.

It's not that Americans don't give a fuck.....every misled, misdirected group that goes out and crusades for the "Grand Cause" they think is responsible for the decimation of this ONCE great nation proves that.....the problem IS that the problem ISN'T illegal aliens (i.e. Minutemen) or Democrats in Washington (i.e. Teabaggers) or conservative policies (i.e. Code Pink).......the problem is ...... AMERICANS THEMSELVES.

AMERICANS have sat on THEIR ASSES while Washington and the Pentagon have BANKRUPTED THE TREASURY and sent our sons and daughters into MEAT GRINDERS in Iraq and Afghanistan for WMD's and connections to 9/11 that did NOT EXIST and even AFTER the overwhelming evidence that the intel was "swept all up" (doctored, falsified, unreliable) you STUPID SHEEP keep buying into the BRAIN DEAD notion that somehow, these wars are for the FREEDOM of America.

You're an IDIOT. They're wars for EMPIRE.

Your son's and daughter's BLOOD is being used as OIL to grease an evil, out of control WAR MACHINE....Your money and financial security is being DEVOURED by Wall St. and the Federal Reserve, with collusion from YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES, and your standard of living is slowly eroding into a two-class system as the middle class is being FORCED INTO EXTINCTION......

......and you do NOTHING to stop ANY of it.

You ignorant FOOLS who send shotgun Emails to all your friends warning of "death panels" and other such HEALTH INSURANCE INDUSTRY PROPAGANDA, yes, you friggin' GOMERS actually think the Health Insurance Industry has your best interests in mind, and it's "dat mean ol' gubmint" that wants to penalize you by providing your family health care that isn't profit-based.

MEDICARE only got passed because it effectively REMOVED the highest-risk group to the insurance providers (the elderly) from the 'pool' of prospective insurees, thereby minimizing their financial exposure. It's completely lost on most people that catastrophic illness is the main reason for personal bankruptcy....and that 75% of those who had to file HAD health insurance.

And this is the 'status quo' many of you are defending. You are BEYOND dense.

America has lost it's HONOR, as well as it's collective senses. I don't wish upon America any malice or catastrophe.....trust me, this is happening with assistance and collusion from the top down, not from some Arab in a cave. I just want to leave peacefully and live in a place that doesn't have leaders that hope for a "catastrophic and catalyzing event" to promote a war agenda that takes pride in kicking the shit out of unarmed peasants living in the dirt....then blames them for retaliating. Can't wait to see this dysfunctional madhouse in my rear view mirror.

When you abide by a system of government that you FULLY EXPECT will side AGAINST YOU and WITH corporate lobbyists (MANY of whom represent interests that are not even from the USA) who BRIBE THEM WITH BALES OF CASH....and are working 24/7 to maximize their profits and minimize their potential competition in the marketplace.....all at the expense of you and your family....and don't lift a FINGER to do ANYTHING TO CHANGE IT......you fucking DESERVE WHAT'S COMING. What might that be.....?

Think Germany and the treaty of Versailles.....when a wheelbarrow full of Deutschmarks is what it took to buy a MEAL.

WHEN the dollar collapses.....not IF, WHEN.....THAT'S when you'll really begin to see the true definition of FASCISM. The unity of government and corporations to economically and militarily control it's people. History WILL repeat itself....but if you're like so many of the morons in the USA who think they're so smart but don't know SHIT.....it will all be NEW TO YOU. Good luck.....you'll need it.

This is the most ARROGANT nation in EXISTANCE, second only to ISRAEL....and since ALL of our politicians are falling over backwards to kiss Israel's ASS on a daily basis, fully knowing that exposing any inconvenient TRUTH about them equals political SUICIDE....that and the mass media in America that feeds it's daily ration of BULLSHIT is controlled by individuals biased towards them as well....ANYONE who thinks they know what is going on because they read TIME magazine and watch CNN, FOX news OR MSNBC.....you are DELUSIONAL.

One nation under God....? What a JOKE.

MONEY is God here pal....even people who are reading this who hate the words I typed KNOW this is true. What does it say in your bible about the love of money? The root of all evil, no?

How DARE this nation question human rights abuses of other nations after Abu Ghraib and countless other bombing and torture campaigns, where it was stated it is passable to crush the testicles of young boys in front of their fathers to extract information.

How DARE this nation deign to be the world's nuclear police when WE are the only nation to ever USE NUKES.

MOST of you actually consider Palestinians as TERRORISTS, when it is THEY who have been occupied, imprisoned behind 25 foot high concrete walls and denied basic human decency by APARTHEID ISRAEL. Those of you who get your info from American media REMAIN IGNORANT OF THE TRUTH.

You're probably wondering if I'm some Arab, or other person hostile to "America's Freedoms" lol.... Yeah, you're really free here.......

Free to go BANKRUPT if you get sick, even if you HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE.

Free to vote on DIEBOLD voting machines that can flip elections and leave no paper trail.

Free to watch your life savings DWINDLE AND EVAPORATE into the pockets of the ROBBER BARONS you PATRONIZE.

Free to watch your JOB get shipped to CHINA....and then you fucking FOOLS buy the goods PRODUCED FORM THOSE JOBS at Wal Mart, further REWARDING AND ENCOURAGING businesses to CONTINUE this pattern. I have never bought a fucking THING from Wal-Mart, and if you have.....you are a simple, stupid FUCKSTICK.

You're free to be video monitored, photographed by the millisecond at traffic light traps, electronically surveiled, searched with no warrant, shaken down and partially disrobed at airports, free to be told how much shampoo you are allowed to carry in your luggage, free to buy processed foods that give you cancer, genetically altered vegetables that contain neat things like INSECT DNA, free to pay more than ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET for pharmeceuticals, free to be the *******eutical company's guinea pig for drugs that have potentially catastrophic side effects, free to have PUBLIC POLICY DICTATED TO YOU by government 'officials' that have dual citizenship with ISRAEL, free to have ANY MEANINGFUL TRUTH WITHHELD FROM YOU by the mass media......

.....and free to be one of the ONE OUT OF EVERY HUNDRED AMERICANS living in PRISON.

Land of the free, home of the brave??

More like land of the SHEEP and home of the SLAVE.
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 08:47   #2
S-uper_T-oast
Forum King

Don't panic.
S-uper_T-oast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:31   #3
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Cool story bro

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:05   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

Re: I hate what America has become

Quote:
And before you go thinking this is a "liberal" based rant.....
Yeah, right. When you hate America in a rant, you are in a "liberal based rant".
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:28   #5
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Ah...America
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:09   #6
NJK
The Frisian

Shouldn't this be in the bitchlist?

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:13   #7
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I dunno! Maybe it's a polical "discussion"?

Or not!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:39   #8
! 2 !

Broken Britain is no better. I can't walk down the street without getting stabbed anymore.
! 2 ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:39   #9
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Re: Re: I hate what America has become

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Yeah, right. When you hate America in a rant, you are in a "liberal based rant".
I don't hate America, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. But at this rate we're going down faster than the titanic.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:20   #10
NJK
The Frisian

each country has it's pros and cons.

Very happy to live in the nothern parts of the Netherlands.

Wouldn't want to live in the cities in the west were people get killed just by staring at somebody.

We have to put up with a Harry Potter lookalike as prime minister of this land, an idiot that has declared war against moslims and some stupid chick who thinks we have to be proud to be dutch and formed her own political party.

if we all bring a rock to the center of the pasific we could make an island there. ( or try to raise the lost continent atlantis above the water)

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:59   #11
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Did you read the whole post?
Old 4th January 2010, 10:05   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by aFfLiCtEd
Did you read the whole post?
Did you? Ted liked it, so it has to be a good commie rant

I think you pretty much covered the "I hate Bush" Greatest Hits.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th January 2010 at 10:25.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:41   #13
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

I'll take that as a NO, you didn't read the whole post. Go ahead, read it in it's entirety.
Quote:
Then I'd like you to point out to me where in the post it says directly that .I hate America
Old 4th January 2010, 18:35   #14
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Quote:
Originally posted by aFfLiCtEd
I'll take that as a NO, you didn't read the whole post. Go ahead, read it in it's entirety.

Then I'd like you to point out to me where in the post it says directly that .I hate America
Okay, so I read the post finally.

I pretty much agree 100 percent. But it's bigger than America, the politicians are all front men for the banks here and abroad. Money may be the root of all evil, but to these people money is disposable. All they want is to get off on the power of control.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 18:37   #15
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by NJK
if we all bring a rock to the center of the pasific we could make an island there. ( or try to raise the lost continent atlantis above the water)
Then still, we would end up with some civil war.
If every single person would be his own country, even then, you would be disappointed by yourself.

Shit happens all over this world and yes, the people - we - are to blame. Blaming politicians is the easy way out.
The question to be asked is what your expectations really should be, or could be.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 18:53   #16
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I woke up today and saw the sun waking up over the ocean, and smiled. Fuck I love my simple life.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 18:55   #17
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:22   #18
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I like dark beer, but much of it comes from places other than America.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:43   #19
fc*uk

I was in a bank in toronto not too long ago.

Dude laughed at US. Said we were hosed. He added Canada is fairly hosed as well, but America was really really hosed. He was only speaking financially with respect to the bailouts.

I then changed the subject to healthcare. He said Americans were making a big deal about nothing and that the system in Canada works well, though it does indeed have it's faults.

I told the guy the healthcare reform was going to sucker US for about another a $900 billion. The guy laughed and said:

"I'm sorry, did I say America was screwed? I meant fucked." I laughed.

I'm going to go enjoy some of that dark beer Ted mentioned while I still can.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 02:40   #20
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 04:50   #21
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Take the dollar index, invert. There are your stock market gains.

[Image]
Ten days later and you STILL haven't pointed out where in the original post it says that I hate America.
Old 15th January 2010, 06:17   #22
rockouthippie
Banned

We could start with the thread title.
Old 16th January 2010, 00:01   #23
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Nope. The thread title doesn't say 'I hate America' either.
Old 16th January 2010, 00:55   #24
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

You are really a fucking racist, arent you? Not only do you hate what America has become, but in the same breath you spout your racist crap against Israel.

I really do not think your racism should have any place on this forum. This is not Nazi Germany
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 02:19   #25
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Care to point out the 'racist crap against Israel" anywhere in the post? Not comparison crap ... 'racist crap'.
Old 16th January 2010, 06:42   #26
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
This is the most ARROGANT nation in EXISTANCE, second only to ISRAEL....
Quote:
MOST of you actually consider Palestinians as TERRORISTS, when it is THEY who have been occupied, imprisoned behind 25 foot high concrete walls and denied basic human decency by APARTHEID ISRAEL.
Quote:
free to have PUBLIC POLICY DICTATED TO YOU by government 'officials' that have dual citizenship with ISRAEL,
How about these.

Maybe you really believe the crap you are posting, Hitler also believed he was doing the world a favor.

Yes, they all are kind of innocent comments, if you believe Israel is the bad boy of the middle east.

Never mind that they were attacked by every nation around them the morning they were founded. And this founding was UN sanctioned.

Never mind that the other Arab countries don't want anything to do with Palestinians, and only use them for propagana purposes. (It obviously worked, you were stupid enough to buy it.)

Never mind that that fence was built to make it a bit harder for those suicide bombers to kill little kids on the other side of the fence.

Yes, you picked a specific people to blame the problems of America on. You really are a fucking racist!
Old 16th January 2010, 10:16   #27
Jedi Gemstone
Major Dudette

Eh the entire world and its society is getting worse anyway.
Too much to read, but at the end of the day, you have to hope it'll be okay in the end, and just not worry about everything falling apart.

I remain happy with my boyfriend, and get on with coursework for uni, sometimes its better to just sit in a bubble, and be vaguley aware of whats going on.
Because to be honest, alot of the issues are just far too depressing.

My Website
Deviantartness Yay
This signature was brought to you by the colour Red and the number 14
I'm A Purple Ghetto, So Follow Me To Sanity!! *Runs Off* I Have No Idea Where I'm Going......
Jedi Gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 18:56   #28
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

The thread title indeed states that you hate America, depending on the reader's interpretation. The word choice can be legitimately interpreted as "I used to like America in the past but I hate America now after change over time." Perhaps you meant something different, but that's what a reader sees. I'm not really taking offense to it, just trying to explain the reaction you're getting.

Personally I find good and fault in almost everything, as almost every decision made for large groups of people is a compromise of some sort. Perhaps one side gets more than what they see as their fair share and the other gets less, and people get upset about it. That's why we live in a continual state of change, and that's why it's important to see the whole picture and make informed decisions when we spend money, vote, and take other actions that affect others.

Old 16th January 2010, 21:35   #29
mysterious_w
Forum King

I dunno, I like this country. Girls think I'm attractive because of my accent, it's a weird yet awesome phenomenon.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 21:37   #30
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Girls here are wierd to me because they think I'm attractive because I'm married. Why the hell didn't they see me as attractive when I was single?

Old 16th January 2010, 22:14   #31
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Someone did. I've seen the pictures. You're a lucky man.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:17   #32
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, she must have been out of her mind, or the extreme minority.

Old 17th January 2010, 06:17   #33
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
How about these.
Those quotes are your interpretation of a racist? How does that fit the profile of a racist?
That's comparable to calling me a racist for divorcing my 1st wife because we didn't get along, or not playing the lottery anymore because I didn't win.
Quote:
You really are a fucking racist!
You do know what a racist is .. right?
Quote:
I really do not think your racism should have any place on this forum.
Yet you've continued posting in the thread.

Perhaps This thread is where you need to be spouting off. It's packed with racial discussion.

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
The thread title indeed states that you hate America, depending on the reader's interpretation. The word choice can be legitimately interpreted as "I used to like America in the past but I hate America now after change over time." Perhaps you meant something different, but that's what a reader sees.
Only to the ignorant and uneducated, which only substantiates and concludes that the pubic education system is also a failure.
Quote:
I'm not really taking offense to it, just trying to explain the reaction you're getting.
Reaction? What reaction? So far it's been pretty passive. Well, except for a couple and one of those has apparently already bowed out. Seems there was an inability to back up accusation or answer a direct question with a direct answer. The other one at this point is following in the same footsteps.
Old 17th January 2010, 08:36   #34
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

On the contrary, I am quite well educated, and I don't at all hesitate to interpret "I hate what America has become" into "I hate America in it's current state".

If I were to say "I hate what Wal Mart has become", it would just be a short way of saying "I may have liked it in the past, but now I hate it because of the changes that have happened since then."
This is true for me, because at one time, I felt that Wal Mart was a respectable business that used ethical business practices to sell domestic products. Now I feel it uses unethical business practices to export our money while hurting other reputable businesses.

It's a simple matter of language/word choice. If you hate what something has become, you literally hate it in its current state.

On another note, our public educational system is not failing. Each year, benchmarks for achievement are set at more difficult levels compounded with assessments which raise standards for meeting the same scores, yet those scores are increasing at a steady pace. If you have difficulty believing this, I will cite nationwide assessment tools and their data that will back these claims, as I have had to do this on a handful of threads in the past.

If you ask me, many of the problems we have stem from a lack of urgency. People are educated and able to do great things, but they are too lazy to take the time and energy and do it. They are hung up on a feeling of entitlement despite not putting forth the effort to earn it, and they have an obsession or even addiction to convenience, strengthened by a desire to meet or exceed the status quo. They know what is right but don't have the motivation to actually do it.

Look at personal finances for example. Most well educated people who are able to find jobs in their fields could afford a consumer good that would fit their basic needs without paying anywhere close to the limit of what they can afford, but they feel they have earned better, so they find someone that gives them more credit than they deserve to buy something. They don't agree with this because they say they have "needs" that aren't really needs. If they had a better sense of what a true need is and what isn't absolutely necessary, they would be better off. They buy over-priced houses, vehicles with features that aren't necessary for basic safe transportation, cell phone plans, high speed internet access, cable TV, and as many consumer goods as they can so long as they feel like they can handle the minimum credit card payment. Then something happens - someone gets hurt or loses a job or gets pregnant and there's no headroom in the monthly spending nor savings to handle it. There was never a time in there when the “victim” was uninformed or lacking knowledge of what a more prudent set of decisions would have been. The feelings of entitlement, desire for convenience, and passion for meeting or exceeding the status quo were too strong and swayed the better judgment.

So much more to say but this is getting too long.

Old 17th January 2010, 15:16   #35
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Never mind that the other Arab countries don't want anything to do with Palestinians, and only use them for propagana purposes. (It obviously worked, you were stupid enough to buy it.)

Never mind that that fence was built to make it a bit harder for those suicide bombers to kill little kids on the other side of the fence.
Palestine could have had peace under favorable terms for decades and could have it now. The wall saved lives on both sides. With free elections, Palestine elects terrorists.

Palestine has left no treaty unbroken and no indication that they have ever or will ever negotiate anything in good faith,. It's because they grasp at the unreasonable goal that they are going to push Israel into the sea.

Never mind that the only reason that the region is inhabitable by it's millions of Israeli and Palestinian inhabitants is Israeli infrastructure.

The problem with Palestine is that it has no "off" switch for the violence, even when it could easily find a beneficial peace. Palestine remains a point of contention that is useful to Islamic radicalism outside Palestine. The situation doesn't seek a solution for Palestine. Quite the opposite. The people least served are the Palestinians.

How fast could Palestine have it's autonomy? In about 5 minutes. It would just take acting in good faith. The controversy only remains useful to anti-semites, radical Islam and people with anti-American sentiments.

Israel would give Palestine just about anything it wants. When Palestine gets what it wants, it keeps shooting. The stated goal is "Death to the infidel".

Well.... good luck with that....
Old 17th January 2010, 17:59   #36
fc*uk

Ted, I wonder how many times I can quite the last two main paragraphs of your post before someone gets annoyed with me.

About the only slight change I would make is

Quote:
If you ask me, many of the problems we have stem from a lack of urgency. People are educated and able to do great things, but they are too lazy to take the time and energy and do it. They are hung up on a feeling of entitlement despite not putting forth the effort to earn it, and they have an obsession or even addiction to convenience, strengthened by a desire to only put enough work in to barely meet the status quo. They know what is right but don't have the motivation to actually do it.
Let's face it, people don't want to do anymore than they have to. At times they absolutely refuse to go the extra mile, and then sit back and have the audacity bitch when someone who is actually willing to work and has only been with the company for 5 years as opposed to their 15 gets promoted over them.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:19   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Your fix addresses what can be observed in job performance, whereas my original post addressed consumerism and the willingness to spend beyond what is safe to spend considering the possibilities of unexpected financial emergencies. Both points are valid and easy to see though.

Old 17th January 2010, 18:36   #38
fc*uk

Good point. Clearly I was not thinking in terms of consumerism, where your original post would be quite correct.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:41   #39
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

No one raindrop is ever willing to admit responsibility for the flood, eh?

I'll admit, I get tied up in the consumerism too, but only when I have evaluated my current financial situation and given myself quite a bit of room for unexpected financial emergencies (and this was proven by my handling of my lost career last year). People have questioned my purchases, but instead of making payments (which would make me lose money to interest), I just stay patient and work with savings deposits until there's enough to buy what I need outright. This was impossible for my education and home, so there are loans for those, but for other big things like the computer, truck, bed etc. I just dealt with old shit a lot longer until I could just buy them outright. This kind of spending turns out to be a lot safer, especially if you are careful enough to give the money to ethical businesses who ensure their workers have the means to do the same.

Old 19th January 2010, 21:12   #40
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
I find myself disagreeing and agreeing 50/50. I’m going to attempt to respond by paragraph (you seem to have roughly 14 of those.)

1. It’s called a bell curve. The point is you’re going to have just as many people below average intelligence as above. Are you still a proponent of democracy?
2. Liberal versus conservative—I agree. Smoke and mirrors.
3. While there’s no disagreeing with a revolution, I don’t think violence is strictly necessary. People are of average intelligence generally speaking; the person of average intelligence is, largely, without intellectual merit. If gullible people weren’t casting their gullible votes we wouldn’t have this problem.
4. If you believe the problem is Americans, your rant is meaningless; America will always be comprised of Americans and therefore the problem will never and, in fact, can never go away.
5. I agree.
6. I agree.
7-8.I disagree. This entire wall of text appears to be laying out systematic problems with the government, but you appear to support the operation of the entire healthcare system without profit—by governmentalizing it. Which is great…you want to violently revolt against the government, presumably while entrusting them with health insurance. I’m not sure I can agree with the idea that I am to be forcibly held responsible for the catastrophic illnesses of others.
9. I agree.
10. I agree.
11. Not certain there’s a point here.
12. I have no opinion on Israel but you are correct, mass media isn’t a good source for information.
~13. This area seems to argue against itself. You’re correct that we regularly violate human rights, the banks should be more regulated, and our voting machines are laughable, but the rest of this seems a bit murky. Nowhere do we have a right to not go bankrupt. Also, yes, a job should be done by the most efficient process that respects human rights. I do not support sweat shops but please assert whatever logic you have that just because I might have had a job in the past, someone somewhere else who can do it cheaper shouldn’t take it away?
14. I…somewhat agree. This bit is dense. I think genetically altered vegetables aren’t inherently problematic. I agree that our prison residency is inexcusable, though.

To those of you arguing that "I hate what America has become" = "I hate America"...I disagree. I interpret that turn to mean "I previously had a universally favorable impression of ___, but recent changes have fundamentally changed ___ for the worse." Meaning that one hates the changes, not the original. Otherwise they could just say they hate modern America and be done with it.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions