Old 3rd September 2002, 01:02   #41
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollos

I can read that Bilbo is the richest guy in the world, doesnt mean that that is the case.
Where'd u read that?

ctn|chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:04   #42
apollos
Forum King

apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:07   #43
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
i think i read that in playgirl last month.......

hi apollos

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:14   #44
apollos
Forum King

haha

Hello Pixie
Nice new avatar btw, whats with the bizz for mod?

in addiction to what I said before, the Greeks see it as pretty much a non issue, even though some cafes are shut, people still go in them, if they get caught by police they are more likely to say hi than get them into trouble (as stated before).

The funny thing is, the law forbids things like gameboys too to be used in internet cafe's

I think that the guy who thought of the law much be related to dumb ass bush.
The question I ask is, why bother making it law when everyone still goes to the remaining cafes that are open and play games?
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:17   #45
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

gohere to find out apollos

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:29   #46
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by 31337-2k2
I blame the gov't for being too over protective? Meh, I'm in Canada.
Seems that you have no idea what you are talking about. Would you believe me if i told you that whoars are advertised on TV ALL day long on one channel the Greeks get called "OK"?
Well its true. Words like "gamoto" (fuck) and "malakas" (wanker) are used all day long on tv there and nobody gives a shit.

Laws in Greece are too loose and are nowhere as near as harsh as in the UK, and everyone knows it. Just become some wise guy decides to do a George Bush, doesn't mean that everything is tight over in Greece.

Counter Strike owns ^_^
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:34   #47
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
I think the game thing is a small issue compared to the other laws there.i also think the are brain washing those poor lil' children like(insert name here),that has to walk up hills both ways,in the snow just to go to that one room school in (insert town here)30 miles away. the government is strict there and they decide what programs they can watch on tv(usa is not so strict).
Ditto to my initial statement in the previous post. Pixie, have you heard the story "You're Black, Said The Pot To The Kettle" ? The American government is way stricter than the Greek government. period.
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:35   #48
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

no,you'll have to read me that story someday

- Mr.Jones
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:36   #49
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiefied
no,you'll have to read me that story someday
fine, come sit on my lap and I will tell all

Old 3rd September 2002, 01:39   #50
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

oh goodie...a childrens story!

/me sits on andrews lap. somethings poking me andrew...

- Mr.Jones
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:42   #51
apollos
Forum King

LMAO!!!!

HAHAHA!

Oh goodness, I wonder if it could possibly be captain winky or not
I'm glad to see that we have some fun chicks in these forums
(gah, now everyones gonna think that im a perv) oh well...
i forgot to add that most people think that of me already anyways ; )
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:48   #52
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Quote:

i forgot to add that most people think that of me already anyways ; )
we dont think that of you

- Mr.Jones
Old 3rd September 2002, 03:25   #53
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
at least the Greeks have the balls to admit that they are corrupt
Yeah. That's a real point of honor.

It's really great that you can still take the time to insult the US government, while your government is busy taking away all o your rights.

Go Greece.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 03:47   #54
SNYder
Forum King

soooo, let me get this strait. in greek land (heh) me and my friend could be playing individual games of solitar next to each other (me on the computer, him with real cards) and the police willl barge in and take me to jail while some of the officers stay behind to watch my friend finish his game?
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 08:46   #55
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

No, as Apollos said, they'd probably join in as noone really cares about little things like the law there anyway...
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 11:13   #56
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by c2R
No, as Apollos said, they'd probably join in as noone really cares about little things like the law there anyway...
what that guy said ^
But in all fairness to the Yanks, crime is a bigger problem than it is in Greece so harsher laws are needed. For all the wars and such in the history of Greece, the Greeks tend to save their aggression for the wars and recognise that guns aren't toys and should be used for war only, well and hunting too I suppose.
*Apollos coughs.

Quote:
It's really great that you can still take the time to insult the US government, while your government is busy taking away all o your rights.
I found this following quite ammusing ^_^

Quote:
17:02 2001-08-16

MOST STUPID LAWS IN THE WORLD – AMERICA

The Canadian legislation like the American one tries to embrace almost all spheres of life. The Canadians are not allowed to take bandages off in public places otherwise those who do it will have to pay a large fine. 1cent coins are not allowed to be paid for the goods the cost of which is over 50 cents. Clear soft drinks can not contain caffeine.

Local and town laws are even tougher. In New Scotland province it is not allowed to water the lawns when it is raining, in Quebec it is not allowed to sell yellow margarine. It is forbidden in Montreal to swear in French and to wash cars in the street. In Toronto (Ontario province) it is not allowed to drag a dead horse along Yong-Street. It is quite possible there is no such street in Toronto, but nobody cared to cancel the law. In another town the water level in the bath tubs can not exceed the limit of 10 centimeters. Finally children are not allowed to go out with untied shoe laces – on the whole territory of the Saskatchewan province.

In Bolivia women can not drink more than 1 glass of wine in bars and restaurants. This law has been working since the beginning of the XX century. The authors of the law considered that the larger amount of alcohol makes a woman morally and sexually pliable. The violation of the law is not limited to fine only ($100) it is also a ground for divorce. It is very hard to live for bearded women in Mexico. If a woman with a beard goes out there, it may be over with the public shaving.

In general the laws in Latin America are unusually humane. For example the Paraguay law which prohibits duels makes the only exception – for those who willed their internal organs to medical or scientific institutions. In Peru it is not allowed for prisoners to put paprika and other spices in their food – they are considered to be afrodiziaks which like the legislators believed were inadmissible for men who had to live under the conditions of restricted communication.
From here. I know this may be wrong but hell, its pretty darn funny, even if it isn't true

Last edited by apollos; 3rd September 2002 at 11:41.
Old 3rd September 2002, 18:09   #57
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Inatlantis (will somebody change his name back please, even if he doesn't want it), i think you are missing the point somewhat. The greeks have BANNED GAMING, this means that if you play a game you will BE BREAKING THE LAW, breaking the law is NOT GOOD, in fact, you could call it BAD. It doesn't matter if you can't make a clear caffenated drink in canada, what this thread is about is essentially people losing their rights to do what they want at a computer.

Maybe more crimes are commited in america than in greece, but AMERICA IS A HELL OF A LOT BIGGER THAN GREECE. think about it and stop being so damn blind.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2002, 19:41   #58
TheRabidJackal

Quote:

unlike certain countries like the US and England who can do no wrong
u must be joking. in england they arrested my dad for speeding, when he was behind a bus! the bus went on...
TheRabidJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2002, 16:08   #59
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

change of tune

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2002, 21:11   #60
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
I'm glad to hear it.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center