View Poll Results: What's better?
PS2 25 59.52%
XBox 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st September 2003, 00:12   #41
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9
thats a big negative , the controller dispute was already debated in its own dedicated form. Want to continue it.....

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=144523

Of course we all know that the ps2 cont is all eclipsing ruler of the roust. :P but lets stay on point and dispute the two consoles of concern.
Screw it, then. I know that the Xbox and PS2 (and their controllers) both suck, so that's what matters.

*leaves thread*
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 08:15   #42
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

coming from the boy who plays with a purple box.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2003, 00:01   #43
sgtfuzzbubble011

*comes back into thread*

I'll have you know that neither of my GameCubes are purple, thankyouverymuch. And don't call me a boy.

Btw, what the hell does color have to do with anything, anyways. You think that the purple Cubes are ugly? Well, you can't tell me that the Xbox's color scheme isn't hideous... At least my Platinum and Black GameCubes have good looks to go along with everything else.
Old 3rd September 2003, 00:14   #44
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

/me attempts to quench the flame war in hopes not to get thread locked

Isn't this a Ps2 or XBox thread? Its obvious that the tread starter didn't even consider game cube.

I'm Back?
Old 3rd September 2003, 00:47   #45
sgtfuzzbubble011

Oh, it's not flaming. I haven't said anything inflammatory. I was just adding to the debate/discussion. But since you don't want it here, I'll leave. And since you don't want to hear anything else about Nintendo in this thread, neither do I. Like you said, this is a Sony/MS thread... Fair's fair. Keep it there.
Old 3rd September 2003, 02:45   #46
godoncrack
Forum King

Sargent, how dare you betray the mississippian in you and back down!!?!?
This is truly a sad day in the state, and shall be mourned for sometime
And my vote is for which ever console has the most RPG'S
so far that ain't xbox(much to my dismay)
and may be the cube (hooray for nintendo )
godoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2003, 23:44   #47
sgtfuzzbubble011

You forget, I'm not a Mississippian. I only live here. But anyways, it doesn't matter.
Old 3rd September 2003, 23:52   #48
godoncrack
Forum King

I do not forget.
You LIVE here, the stench of the gulf saturates all.
but you.......do not resist, you can't!!!
(And i even went to bat for nintendo)

DEATH TO BILL GATES!!!!!!
godoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2003, 23:58   #49
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, thanks for the support. And you're right... the stench of the Gulf lingers pretty bad sometimes. I'm glad I don't live down near the coastline.

But anyways, back on topic...
Old 23rd January 2004, 10:46   #50
Meticode

I personally like the PlayStation2. I've played all 3 Nextgen consoles. Although the Xbox has better graphics on 90% of games, I perfer PS2's design and game selection. I dislike how the Xbox is so cumbersome. I mean, you could basically use it as a box-spring mattress for you bed, or a coffee table. Just make sure you use water coasters so you don't get those pesky water rings on it. And the Xbox controllers are overly too big. My friend has a Xbox, I swear he got carpeltunnel (however you spell it) from playing the Xbox. To end this opinion, when I look for a "game" console, I want a game console, not a "computer/game" console.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2004, 12:18   #51
!AxA!

I prefer the PS2
!AxA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2004, 17:12   #52
meerak

Send a message via AIM to meerak Send a message via Yahoo to meerak
like said by others, gamecubes controllers are the best.

for systems, PS2 is the best.
meerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 00:16   #53
TechBoy

The answer to this Controller debate.
Attached Images
File Type: gif controllers.gif (19.2 KB, 320 views)
TechBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 00:45   #54
sgtfuzzbubble011

Old 18th March 2004, 08:12   #55
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

that just says which controller ign visitors favor most. i enjoy the pelican wireless controller for the xbox. people should try it.

I'm Back?
Old 18th March 2004, 14:48   #56
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
PSII = Comes with Linux (Well the Kernal at least) pre installed, you have to actualy ADD it onto the XBox.

Though admitedly you do have to do a lot of fiddling to make the PSII into a True computer, adding the HDD etc, but in the long run its still a better bet than the XBox.

I'm not interested in the other factors, such as number of Games (PSII wins), % of the games that arnt Crap (PSII wins here from what I hear) and overall build quality and looks (Ok, I would not be seen dead with a green X plastered alover the place, at least the PSII LOOKS like a computer.) but overall the PSII is a far better machine

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 23:19   #57
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
whiteflip said...
that just says which controller ign visitors favor most.
What does it have to do with what site the poll is on? What would be different about it if the poll were on Gamespot.com? What about any other game-related site on the net?
Old 18th March 2004, 23:30   #58
xenosomething
Major Dude

i dont like the GC controller, the z button is in the worst place possible...they should of kept that "z trigger" from the n64.

.........?.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 23:36   #59
sgtfuzzbubble011

The L and R buttons take the place of the old Z trigger button on the GC controller, so it's kind of hard to fit a third trigger button in anywhere. I actually think that the Z button on the Cube controller is a somewhat decent idea. It's great for rarely-used functions in games like switching to a map screen or something... just like in Metroid Prime. When I'm in the middle of kicking some space pirate ass, I don't have to worry about accidentally hitting the map screen button and throwing my groove off.

But again, that's just me.
Old 25th March 2004, 05:34   #60
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

below is probably stuff i have said before so if you dont want to read it just skip over me.

Ha this thread isn't even about the GC but who cares, we're making it about it.

I played with my nephews GC the other day. The digital pad is horribly small. I'm glad my cousin opted for mad cat controllers with more useable D-Pads for her cube.

Ok I'm going to be honest here. The GC controller is decently comfortable to me, more so than the PS2 controller. Its light, its rather sturdy, and consistent in quality from one random controller to the next.

I dislike the thumbsticks and triggers. I don't like clicking the triggers and I don't like not clicking the thumbsticks and the D Pad as said, is really really tiny. I was playing n64 earlier and felt very relaxed messin with the dpad.

I like the Xbox Type S controller because its weight, its comfort, its triggers, its sticks, its buttons, two mem card slots (which I do use) and its vibration. I dislike it because of consistantcy. Type-S controllers sold in stores are inconsistant. From the cables chosen to the quality of the springs in the triggers. Pisses me off especially with Gamestops shoddy return policy and lack of customer satisfaction.

I hate the PS2 controller.

I'm Back?
Old 29th March 2004, 12:58   #61
AfroMex

Send a message via AIM to AfroMex
Ther is little to no puncuation in this because i am lazy if you don't like it to damn bad

Ok first for all you fudge packers out there X-Box is the best overall.

There is little to no puncuation in this because i am lazy if you don't like it to damn bad and alot of this might be miss spelled because i am going on 3 days stright being awake hahahahah i need sleep

The X-Box by far is the best PS2 was made to be like a computer they have a mouse and keyboared a HD it has 2 front face USB ports tons of expantion bays now some people say that the X-Box is to heavy now think os the PS2 packed with all of the extra junk that is ment to be added they might run aroung the same but Microsoft was nice and put all of that stuff in the X-Box to save you money chech it you spent $200 on your PS2 the you have to shell out $20 for the network Hub thingy then $30 for a memory card because you have to sve you r game data unless you want to keep starting over now if you want the HD you got to poo out another $200 it might be $150 now the X-Box is the same price $200 and you get the HD the Network internet thingy and you don't have to buy a momory card because of the HD the Memory card is just for transfering data now in the long run X-Box is cheaper and PS2 backward compatable components to the PS! you might think help it in the market place well it does but in the derability field it gets screwed the slot in the back where you hook up the RFU to send the signal to the TV is vary poorly done the exposed pins bend easy makeing it harder and harder to plug in after a whiel it doesn't work X-Box is better by far and i tel you why Down below

Graphics

PS2- 128-Bit Emotion Engin

X-Box- 250Mhz custom-designed chip, developed by Microsoft and nVidia

the PS2 GPU is shit it can only run 75 Million Polygons Per Second that is a shameful second to the X-Box's 125 million polygons per second that alone makes me want the X-Box but Microsoft actualy uses this power like for instance i wil use a games that were on both for examples one made for X-Box and ported over and one for PS2 then ported over to make it far now Splinter cell one of the best games Graphicly you hide in the shadows and sneak around this is a game that can only be made on a system that has a huge Graphical power because the lighting alone takes alot now you and i both know that Splinter cell was just the shit when it comes to the graphics now if you didn't know it was made as an X-Box exclusive but like most popular games they get ported now when it was ported to PS2 you could see a huge diff the lighting was horrible the only way you could tell you were in a shadow was by looking at your light meater and the textures sucked ass they were all pixalated and Sam Fisher looked like shit his arms were rough and choppy and the bullet holes never showed up now on to a game that was on PS2 and then Ported over to X-Box let say GTA 3 and Vice City this game was sweet you run around a city and shoot and kill anything that moves now if you played the game as much as i have you notice that when you go high enough and look down people disapear and if you go higher cars do too and if you drive a car down the street you a chopper in the sky you can only see so far it looks like a fog or somthing in the distance what that is is the edge of what is loaded is saves on space it makes the game run faster by only haveing a small portion of the map loaded now when they ported the game over to X-Box they gave it higher res textures better lighting the famouse X-Box water now how funny is that when you port an X-Box game to PS2 they make it werse but when you take a PS2 game and port it over to X-Box it gets better hmmmm makes you think

Games
in the war of games PS2 has the most you can play not only PS2 games but PS1 games as well but is more always better i myt eyes no you might have a larger selection you also have alot of shitty games but most people but PS2 for the amount of games but the reason they have more is that they have been aroud longer think about it X-Box is a good 2 years younger then PS2 and about 9-10 younger then PS1 so time is on Sonys side in the game race but now let jump to today X-box and PS2 are comeing out with games almost at the same rate so when X-Box2 and PS3 come out there will be around the same amount of games now we have to rely on Quality and if you go there X-Box kills PS2 most X-Box games are better there mioght be less but with that small amount what persentage of good to shitty games are there for PS2 and X-Box like in the first person shooter field X-Box has Halo its Huge it is our generatoins Donkey Kong it is played by millions world wide there are people that spend all of their free time playing it playstaion has nothing to compare infact it has no good or even deasent firstperson shooter but then you go to fighting games who care about fighting games they suck all of them are the same but i'll toss some out PS2 has Tekken and X-Box has DOA now you tell me what one is better most of you will say DOA and why because of those titties now if DOA was on PS2 those titties wouldn't bounce and then the game wouldn't be the same now what about RPG's PS2 has X-Box smashed on that one FF is #1 but PS2 has more RPG's because they are huge in JAP here we lie fighting and blowing shit up now we hit sports PS2 and X-Box have the Sports games for the most part Madden, ESPN, and Fifa but X-Box blew this field up they have NBA Street Vol 1&2 Fever NBA street hands down the funnest B-ball game where else can you do a Honey Dip on Kobe or a Triple ally oop in games you cant really judge until the next gen because PS3 will most likley not be backwark compatable

Multyplayer

By far X-Box Kills PS2 X-Box at first sight you can see X-Box has 4 controller slots compared to the PS2's wopping 2 if you want more you have to shell out $20 for the addapter to add 4 more slots but most PS2 games are made for 2-4 players whitch kinda kills the reason for buying the addapter Microsoft made it their mission to have the X-Box a large Group system most X-Box games are made for 4-16 people that just with link play speaking of PS2 you have to buy the Hub for link X-Box is built in the X-Box was made for parties PS2 is made for just you and a few friends now if you go onto the net again X-Box kills PS2 yes i know X-Box you have to pay $50 for a year and Playstation is free but what games on PS2 can you play on the net that allow more then 2 people in the game at once that means PS2 is only good for sports games on the net and like i said before X-Box wins

Controller

PS2 has by far one of the best controllers ever is small it conforms to your hand it has a vary sweet button sceam and it should it is based off of the PS1 duel shock controller but the the lack of a trigger kinda hurts it the lack of a trigger makes it vary hard to play first person shooters i speak for myself but i always hit L2 when i want L1 or vise versa but the controller is perfect for racing games you can use the L and R buttons for shifting but the left joystick for me anyway is to far right i have to twist my hand kinda to use it and that makes it kinda uncomfterble and the controler port is alittle outdated it works but it brakes easy i know Sony wanted to make the PS2 able to use some stuff from the PS1 but that held it back the reuse of parts made it cheaper but less durable now the X-Box controller the first one sucked flat out it was bad it made anything before it look golden but they have come out with the Type S witch now comes with every new X-Box the Type S is just magnifisent you can use it for any game amaginable and it will do perfect the triggers are presser sensative so for racing games you can add as much gas or brake as you want without havving to tap the button and the offset joysticks make it easy to use and less strainfull on your hands the memery card slots on the controller are the best you don't need them because of the HD but they are vary helpful for your headset and the button sceam is perfec i like that start and back are out of the way how often do you use start in a game and the black and white buttons are right at the knucle on you thumb its perfect and the controller port is a moddified usb prot so it doesnt wearout to fast and the break in the cord is the best thing ever so you dont rip out the controller or knock down the X-Box on the floor best thing ever

Sound

Now sound might seem like a small thing but it makes the game PS2 can only use the 3 cable thing that comes with it thats the best thing you can use so you get at best 5:1 but on X-Box you can use anything you can go digital or S vid anythng the sound is what ever the game puts out like the new Slinter cell is suppose to be 7:1 try that with your PS2 you can have the set up but it wont be true 7:1

this concludes my X-Box Kicks ultamate ass
AfroMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 14:27   #62
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

To the poster above;

2nd post and your already calling respected forum members fudge packers. Keep it up and you can get a custom title

To the thread;

Awhile ago I would have said PS2 is better than Xbox simply because of the game selection. I think PS2 and Xbox both have great graphics in certain game areas. I love both types of controllers, both can be played online, both are priced the same, and both can triple has a CD player/DVD player.

Right now though, I would say Xbox has taken the lead. The reason; the game selection has improved. Also, Xbox comes with a built in HD and don't need to buy a memory card.

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 18:03   #63
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
But its made by Microsoft!

I'm sorry, but, the only products that Microsoft have made that have INPRESSED me, to the extent that I like using them, ARE:
Microsoft Gif Animator - its small funtional and free.
Microsoft Calc - Again, small and funtional.
Microsoft Midtown Madness - Back in its day, it was the only game to support "Cruise mode". So you could just drive around however you like.
Microsoft Direct X (Up to, but NOT including, version 9) - A Damn good idea, works well, but not the most optimised.
Microsoft Windows 3.1 and 95 - 3.1 is small funtional and works better than Graphical versions of Linux on old computers. 95, its funtional, good suport, low problems with memory usage, admitedly its not net freindly but the net is NOT everything.

The rest are either bloated morass' of appalingly bad code (Or Stolen Code), Perform pointless funtions (badly I might add) (Microsoft Access - Yeh people REALY use that) or cost so much as to render compairing them to there competitors moot.

The X Box has its own grouping:
PC's that pretend to be Games consoles.
In my book, that means it gets buried at midnight in an unmarked, shalow, grave.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 22:31   #64
xenosomething
Major Dude

people seem to be under the impression that smooth, hi-res 3d models with a bazillion polygons equates to better graphics...but when i look at the old pre-rendered bg's of old psone games i find them *MUCH* more attractive than an over-reflective piece of 3d metal.

but whatever....people have no taste these days.

.........?.
Old 30th March 2004, 00:12   #65
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Ok first for all you fudge packers out there X-Box is the best overall.
You're skating on thin ice, pal. And don't go around pushing your own personal preferences as fact... it's the quickest way to get owned.
Old 30th March 2004, 14:26   #66
AfroMex

So sorry for stepping on peoples toes crap i never knew hat people could get bent out of shape over one statment my fault for thinking that people can take a joke well anyway sorry for the Fudge packer remark i'll watch what i say when it comes to how you guys treat your candy sorry and peace out
Old 31st March 2004, 02:15   #67
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Your gettin newbed G-Funk. Keep it up .

XBOX IS THE SHIT FOR RACING GAMES

Or Have you forgot?
PGR, PGR2, MotoGP, MotoGP2, RallySport Challenge, RSC 2, Collin MacRae Rally 4 (maybe 3 but 4 is better) SegaGT, All those shitter 20 dollar racers like APEX and HitNRun.

The XBOX is known for racing Games. Its better for racing games because you have analog triggers to controll your breaking and throtling more preciesly. The PS2's analog buttons suck at controlling gas and break because there are what, 4 degrees of presure and its hard to get those degrees acurate with your thumb. With The triggers you've got 280 degrees of presure (or something like that) Which is much better.

Play with the throttle in PGR and then in GT3. You'll notice the difference in acceleration and deceleration over PS2's and this offers a degree of multiplayer playability.

The only thing a PS2 is good for are games for people with no friends. You touched on this. RPG's for example. XBOX owns the FPS, 3PS, Race, and Action dramma. Games that come out on all systems are better on Xbox (usually, if its EA forget about it but who likes EA?)

Sports on the XBOX quicks PS2's ass. I dont need to comment on that its a fact. The same sports games on either system play better on the XBOX. Microsofts Sports Titles are awesome now. The proof isnt in the numbers. The proof is in the burgeoning quality and quantity of the XBOX.

Leave it to Sony to buy out developers to stay alive instead of letting them be free to make games for who they want to make games for. I hate how they buy out the networking capabilities of the XBOX version of some games. Its a dirty marketing tactic and is not productive to the gaming community.

I'm Back?
Old 31st March 2004, 03:26   #68
xenosomething
Major Dude

Quote:
[i]Play with the throttle in PGR and then in GT3. You'll notice the difference in acceleration and deceleration over PS2's and this offers a degree of multiplayer playability.
[/B]
both games may be racing games, but they aim for completely different things.....if you want a arcade racer you get PGR, if you want a single-player sim you get GT. nothing to do with system or developer capabilities....just different goals.

btw...i always considered sports games for the people with no friends, since if they did have friends they would go and play some real sports.

.........?.
Old 31st March 2004, 06:50   #69
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I Have sports games and I go out and play real sports. AfroMEx has more sports games and he goes out and plays more sports than me. My bro has even more sports games and he was all up in track, football, and basketball during highschool and still goes out for baseball and basketball.

If you have sports games you are more likely to play sports, demographic fact.

And I've was illustrating the range of racers on xbox with the titles i listed. Most of the racers on the xbox takes full advantage of the high degree of control in the triggers, especially MotoGP but with thumbsticks. More skill challenges and fun can be aquired when more control is added to game play dynamics. XBOX just offers better control over the PS2 in this area.

I'm Back?
Old 31st March 2004, 07:24   #70
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Grand Turismo Series is the undisputed ruler of racers , and the controller is its cepter of sorts. The only Racing game I like on the Xbox is Rallysport Challenge (its a damn good one too), the Xbox S cont is good but I still prefer the PS2 cont. Items such as the oval buttons(w make my fingers sore) and some button placement (black and white require some contortion to access) keep it from winning me over. then again they have adaptors for the Xbox so that one can use his or her PS2 cont with it .

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...oducts_id=1892

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41015

Acctualy Sony owns Sports, 3PS, Race, Action, fighting and Platform catagories. Though the FPS award will go to the xbox once they release Doom3 and Halo 2 for it. As far as online play; for Sony once you buy the network adaptor online play is more or less free, Micro$oft will give you the adaptor but wants to charge you 50 a year to use it. EA, as many other developers, did not want to conform to Robusofts system, hence why there is no online support on xbox for EA games (medal of honor, Madden, Need 4 Speed underground). Microsot is getting better but it is still suffering in the quality section of the game department.

Last edited by EfaustuS9; 31st March 2004 at 08:26.
EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 07:45   #71
AfroMex

GT3 by far one of the best but it is held back by the lack of realistic dmg when i hit a wall going 700mph in my escuto i want to blow up or atleast bend my fraim whel on top it still has a way to go to becoming king
Old 31st March 2004, 07:49   #72
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Who would you say then is king?

Old 31st March 2004, 08:46   #73
xenosomething
Major Dude

Quote:
Though the FPS award will go to the xbox once they release Doom3 and Halo 2 for it.
n64 all the way.....goldeneye is still my favorite. forget about ps2 and xbox when we already have the best fps.

.........?.
Old 31st March 2004, 17:57   #74
AfroMex

Sorry xenosomthing but Perfect Dark is where its at if you talk about N64 it was made by the same company as Goldeneye but had better guns and the abbility to play against bots GoldenEye was good i'll giv you that but Perfect Dark took it to a new level
Old 31st March 2004, 18:18   #75
lostonline
Where am I?
(Major Dude)

In my experience I prefer the standard PS2 controller to the huge Xbox one, but I prefer the Xbox as it seems to have better graphics and more scope for different uses (such as use as a media centre).

Apart from the controller, things that let Xbox down are the cheap look/feel of the DVD remote and the large ugly look of the console (I don't like the big green bit on top)

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
--
Homer Simpson
lostonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 23:52   #76
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
n64 all the way.....goldeneye is still my favorite. forget about ps2 and xbox when we already have the best fps.
Quote:
Sorry xenosomthing but Perfect Dark is where its at if you talk about N64 it was made by the same company as Goldeneye but had better guns and the abbility to play against bots GoldenEye was good i'll giv you that but Perfect Dark took it to a new level
And I've got both of those games.
Old 1st April 2004, 04:16   #77
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Acctualy PC owns the FPS, and I dont see the point of playing them on consoles. But if one must, XboX is the console with which to do it.

Old 1st April 2004, 05:05   #78
xenosomething
Major Dude

Quote:
But if one must, XboX is the console with which to do it.
i haven't played much of halo(only about 30 min) but i cant imagine it being better then metroid prime.

.........?.
Old 1st April 2004, 05:16   #79
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

wait untill its accompanied with Halo 2, Doom 3 and possibly Half-Life 2.

Old 1st April 2004, 07:50   #80
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

The DVD remote is great for playing my tunes through my speakers. :P

PGR2 is King. King of a tiny country with a growing population of ideological citizens who are more advanced than that of a large dying country with blind citizens that are mislead by their opressor through nationalism and propaganda.

I just bashed on America and PS2 in the same paragraph. I'm pimp.

While golden eye and perfect dark are excelent shooters (i play both to this day) they arent whats under consideration in this thread. that is to be discussed in the best fps of all time thread because it would be a long and difficult argument to decide what game is the best fps across multiple consoles during multiple generations.

Does the gamecube even have a good first person shooter?

I'm Back?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center