Old 29th November 2003, 00:45   #1
Commasterharry

Need For Speed Underground

i just played the full version.

sigh...no dashboard again. WHY???? its truly a fun element to the game. i know there's bumper cam, but i wanna see the dashboard! gives me a good feeling of position.

however, so far, the underground career mode is very fun..
Commasterharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2003, 00:56   #2
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
This should be in the "games" section...

But for some reason, they've dropped the "dashboard" view since "Hot Pursuit 2", except for a bonus Ferrari race in Championship mode when you race in the 550 Barchetta and F50...Dunno why, but I don't mind it, although it would still be cool to have the mode back...

And I wanna play that game, but havn't yet...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2003, 01:05   #3
Commasterharry

lol to think about it, nfs porsche was the only version based on realism. it kind of failed though, because 250mph there feels like 70 mph in underground. My favorite is still nfs 3. aww those were the days. you can honk ur opponents making them crash, lol. oh, and who can forget empire city, or the clk-gtr
Old 29th November 2003, 02:51   #4
Viper007Bond
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Viper007Bond Send a message via AIM to Viper007Bond Send a message via Yahoo to Viper007Bond
This game is so fun yet they had to pick the worst cars ever. Why, oh why!?!?

- Viper007Bond | Viper007Bond.com
Viper007Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2003, 09:15   #5
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Developers can get the cars bodies to look so nice and shinny but spend ZERO attention on a cars interior. Inner beauty is over half of the car. People spend more time in their cars than outside looking at them. I want dashboard with authentic gauges and steering wheel.

And if its the customizable type of game than customizable gauges and a customizable wheel.

Hood view in Rally Sport Challenge was very nice. but no driver seat view.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2003, 15:28   #6
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
It looks like utter crap, all the cars look like there out of Two Dumn Two Stupid... ..or was it Fast and Furious?

Anyway, I dont like cars that have more spoilers than the owners braincells.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2003, 17:54   #7
Commasterharry

oh right, imma download the movie now
Old 29th November 2003, 18:59   #8
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
It looks like utter crap, all the cars look like there out of Two Dumn Two Stupid... ..or was it Fast and Furious?

Anyway, I dont like cars that have more spoilers than the owners braincells.
I don't care for the amount of rice in the game; If the gameplay is good, I'm in...

Besides, Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 (Or 01, depending on what devolper you're looking at) > Need For Speed: Underground...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 29th November 2003, 19:52   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

If it doesn't at least have a Corvette in it, then they can keep that shit. I'm not going to play a street racing game that doesn't have some good American steel in it.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 04:53   #10
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

i thought the game also had muscle cars?!?

I'm Back?
Old 30th November 2003, 06:05   #11
sgtfuzzbubble011

Afaik, that game has nothing but rice burners in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 1st December 2003, 16:25   #12
Magic_Midget
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Magic_Midget Send a message via Yahoo to Magic_Midget
Even though the game is new on the PC, I'm sure in due time that one of the big download sites or fan sites will feature newer cars, muscle cars, and a dashboard mod. Usually the dashboard mod replaces bumper cam in some weird fashion and there you have it...inner beauty!

But, I only played the demo of it, wasn't too impressed, I wanted to run over the pedestrians. I think I'll keep Midnight Club 2.

Like Poetry and art? Visit my DeviantArt Site: www.lilithlairpoetry.deviantart.com
Magic_Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2003, 02:41   #13
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I played the demo of it and I dont like the 2fast2furious camera angle when you jump an opening bridge. I dont like the fact that EA stills ideas from movies and messes up the game play by suddenly changing camera angles to show you something "Cinematic" and screwing up your racing flow.

I also severly dislike ea's arcadey sytle of game play in ALL of their games. Which is why i buy sega titles (sega is also more xbox friendly)

I'm Back?
Old 2nd December 2003, 04:06   #14
Commasterharry

actually you can disable the thrill cam. I liked all the need for speeds, up until porsche unleashed (maybe not high stakes). EA has always put good background music into the NFS series suitable for racing. The only two complaints i have about underground is the fact that there's no dashboard view, and the other is the lack of creativity and variety of maps. I know its UNDERGROUND STREET RACING, but COME ON, 2fast2furious had day racing! sheesh
Old 2nd December 2003, 04:40   #15
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

All of the underground street races I've been to have taken place at night. Cars look cooler at night cuz you cant notice the nasty ass paint jobs or dings from when they hit other cars . Plus the neon lights dont work to well in the day.

I'm Back?
Old 3rd December 2003, 15:57   #16
Commasterharry

#3 on top 10 now! w00tw00t! since there's multiplayer support, nfs is here to stay
Old 19th December 2003, 01:53   #17
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

this game is the shiznet. although i own the game my friend made a deal with me to let him borrow my ps2 and that game. im not much in the rice burning part. i hate rice burrners. but this game is wicked. does the gran turismo steerin wheel work?
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 00:01   #18
laz
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to laz
I like the game a lot, but I dont care for the rice.
I just slap it on till I get high enough and then take all the CRAP off, to leave a nice looking car in the end, and a fast one at that.
Well off to play this game. heh.
laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 14:27   #19
magneticman

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper007Bond
This game is so fun yet they had to pick the worst cars ever. Why, oh why!?!?
face it, if you had a aston martin of ferrari or a porsche you would want to change it. the cars in the game are the cars you would mod in real life. "realism"
magneticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 16:25   #20
LollipopLustKil
Insomniac
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to LollipopLustKil
Yeah, when you're in the "Underground" and racing like that, you're not gonna have the money for a Ferrari. No one is really gonna mod those cars.

Scotty Doesn't Know
LollipopLustKil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 21:33   #21
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by LollipopLustKil
Yeah, when you're in the "Underground" and racing like that, you're not gonna have the money for a Ferrari. No one is really gonna mod those cars.
http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/

Old 4th January 2004, 21:46   #22
sgtfuzzbubble011

http://www.callawaycars.com/
http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelt...genfelter.html

Sorry, but those rice-burners can't compete with these.
Old 4th January 2004, 22:52   #23
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Slightly off topic:

Can someone tell me what Displancement is? Cuz thats how they spell displacement in SegaGT 2002 for the xbox.

I'm Back?
Old 4th January 2004, 23:22   #24
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Displacement is the size of an engine in cubic inches/centimeters or liters, measured by the bore and stroke per cylinder...

But as for this misspell, I dunno...Game developer stupid in the spelling department during the making of the game?

Old 5th January 2004, 03:44   #25
sgtfuzzbubble011

Eh... just remembered that there was already a NFS:Underground thread here in the Games Center.

Oh well, this one has more replies so we'll stick to this one.
Old 5th January 2004, 04:59   #26
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I started a NFS thread? Wow. Well rented it for xbox. Was very disapointed. Not my type of racer in most all aspects but my friend loves it. He likes the miata and the skyline.

Had frame rate issues on the XBox. Probably has the same issues on the GC and PS2 i dunno.

I'm Back?
Old 5th January 2004, 20:26   #27
LollipopLustKil
Insomniac
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/

Yes yes, but "poorer" people won't do that.

Scotty Doesn't Know
Old 5th January 2004, 22:22   #28
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

A car's a car...It has performance potential, you can mod it, whether or not you're rich or poor, Civic Si or 360 Modena Stradale...

Old 5th January 2004, 23:16   #29
LollipopLustKil
Insomniac
(Forum King)

Yes, but if they're poor, where are they gonna get the money for that kind of car?

Scotty Doesn't Know
Old 5th January 2004, 23:37   #30
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

If you're poor, why do you own a car? How are you gonna pay for insurance, get gas, pay off bills, etc.? Why don't you get a job then?

If you're poor, ask those questions before you put mods on your car...

Old 7th January 2004, 02:12   #31
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Poor people have jobs. Some have several jobs.
Bums do not.

I'm Back?
Old 9th January 2004, 03:27   #32
sgtfuzzbubble011

My vehicle IS why I'm poor.
Old 13th January 2004, 00:36   #33
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Hehehe, My uncle just gave me his old truck. All it needs is an alignment, and a passenger side mirror. Now I have two beater vehicles

I'm Back?
Old 13th January 2004, 00:53   #34
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

Hey here is proof that i have nothing to do on a school night. Monday 1/12/04 Drift Score 103,751 One Single Drift!!!! Thats 43.218 Seconds of Drifting !!!!!!! I am the Drift King!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th January 2004, 02:16   #35
sgtfuzzbubble011

Sounds to me like you need to get new tires for your car in that game.
Old 13th January 2004, 22:22   #36
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

What's your ethnicity? You might want to consult the Japanese D1 about your new drift record and tell them the Japanese aren't the only ones that can drift good...

Oh wait...You're playing a game...

Old 14th January 2004, 02:43   #37
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

lol..........beat my recodrd again its 113,041. id put it on my computer cuz i video taped it but i dont know how.
Old 4th February 2004, 05:06   #38
spiderdna12

Send a message via AIM to spiderdna12 Send a message via Yahoo to spiderdna12
need for speed underground

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
If it doesn't at least have a Corvette in it, then they can keep that shit. I'm not going to play a street racing game that doesn't have some good American steel in it.
I think that they were going for cars that you could at least afford and that are know for being tuner cars...oh and when did dodge and ford become imports and isn't acura an american corp. of honda
spiderdna12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2004, 05:45   #39
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

They have Acuras in Japan too. Its just a different image of Honda. Dodge Neons are known for their customizeablitity. I just wish that they were better represented in games. Along with dependability/reliability of a car and after market accessories

I'm Back?
Old 4th February 2004, 19:30   #40
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

As far as my prior knowledge goes, Acura is a North America-only division, as the up-scale luxury brand of Honda. But whatever's an Acura here is still a Honda in Japan, and everywhere else.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center