Old 4th February 2004, 22:15   #41
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
I think that they were going for cars that you could at least afford and that are know for being tuner cars...oh and when did dodge and ford become imports and isn't acura an american corp. of honda
You didn't read my post quite thoroughly enough. I said good American steel. Also, I think a Z28 is relatively affordable when you compare it to rice-burners that have to get $10,000 worth of aftermarket customizations to match its stock performance. But whatever, that's another discussion for another thread.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2004, 22:21   #42
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I didn't know Skylines were afordable. Thats crazy awesome. I'll take 3.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2004, 22:23   #43
sgtfuzzbubble011

Oh, me either. Heh.

I was thinking about Civics and the like.
Old 5th February 2004, 19:56   #44
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
A Skyline's no rice-burner...Especially the R-34 GT-R; RB26DETT (Engine code: 2.6L Twin-Turbo Inline-6), AWD, 280-hp, all the modern stuff for a good worth-while Japanese sports car...

But yeah...Civics and the like; We already know what those are...

As for NFSU: They fucked up with the drifting system...It's only a game, but drifting in real life isn't that complicated...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2004, 21:43   #45
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Skylines burn rice.

I'm Back?
Old 5th February 2004, 21:47   #46
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I hate Nissan

I'm Back?
Old 5th February 2004, 22:15   #47
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
If any Japanese company, I prefer Mazda...

Is the FD (3rd gen RX-7) even in that game?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 5th February 2004, 23:57   #48
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

The Japanese Mazda or the American Mazda?

I'm Back?
Old 6th February 2004, 01:52   #49
sgtfuzzbubble011

Mazda = Ford = teh sux

No thanks.
Old 6th February 2004, 05:57   #50
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Not every Ford is crap. Mazada RX-7, RX-8 MR-2. Stand corrected sarge stand corrected.

I'm Back?
Old 6th February 2004, 17:45   #51
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Not every ford is crap?

Well the moddle T is an exception to the rule I suppose...

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2004, 22:28   #52
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
Not every Ford is crap. Mazada RX-7, RX-8 MR-2. Stand corrected sarge stand corrected.
The MR2 is made by Toyota...

Perhaps you should stand corrected...

Sarge - GM is in corporation ties with Honda, especially when it comes to using Honda V6 engines in some GM models...What say 'bout that?

Old 9th February 2004, 04:35   #53
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

oops
I only like GM cars with V8 engines.

I'm Back?
Old 10th February 2004, 02:25   #54
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Just because Mazda is part of Ford doesn't mean that Ford manufactures those particular Mazda vehicles. They're still made by Mazda. But that doesn't mean I like Mazda any more... in fact, I doubt that I would like Mazda any more even if they weren't connected with Ford at all. And yeah, the MR-2 is made by Toyota.

Quote:
Sarge - GM is in corporation ties with Honda, especially when it comes to using Honda V6 engines in some GM models...What say 'bout that?
That doesn't mean I have to like Honda. I like GM, but just because they have ties with Toyota (the Prism) doesn't mean I have to like Toyota. And besides, the two best V-6 engines that GM has are both veteran GM-made engines... one of which rests under the hood of my truck. Sorry, but I'll put Chevrolet's Vortec 3800 and 4300 V-6s up against any other engines in their respective classes.
Old 24th February 2004, 04:58   #55
daKNIGHT

whats with the rice comments? i still dont get where people call them rice burners...
daKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2004, 18:12   #56
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Because we laugh at them.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2004, 23:26   #57
daKNIGHT

and i bet most "rice burners" that are really hooked up could keep up with any cars out there...period
Old 24th February 2004, 23:58   #58
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

They are rice burners because they burn rice. I call them rice burners. My Asian American friends call them rice burners. My Japanese friends call them rice burners. My fobish friends call them rice burners. My Hick friends call them rice burners.

If I really hooked up my American Sedan I could blow away any "hooked up" Rice Burner. We laugh at the "hooked up" rice burners because they are all show and no preformance. OOOO a spoiler makes you faster. No it creates drag adds wait and lowers your gas mileage. I only have respect for those who modify their car in a way that increases preformance. After that style is just a bonus.

I'm Back?
Old 25th February 2004, 01:28   #59
sgtfuzzbubble011

There's no replacement for displacement.
Old 25th February 2004, 03:39   #60
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

yea dats my honda. got stock parts but its got stickas. oh and the chrome, man u gotta check out the chrome. check out diez neon lights i got. yea thats my system you hear poundin.

ozzie c., "your know your a ricer if......you can fist fuck your exhaust."
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 05:48   #61
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Spending money on sound is different than spending money on decals and lights.

I'm Back?
Old 25th February 2004, 05:58   #62
daKNIGHT

i was just wondering why they call them rice burners. no big deal, and true..some cars are just rediculous with big spoilers and shit..im all about speed and it is a bonus to have the style. i, myself personally drive a jdm type r...and it has everything from the engine work to the body down to the interior...no big deal what people say about it. speed is everything, too bad i dont race.
Old 25th February 2004, 14:05   #63
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

where does rice come from? japan,china,korea
where do the cars come from? japan,china,korea
theres your answer
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 17:53   #64
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
No it creates drag adds wait and lowers your gas mileage.
Interesting point for a man arguing in favour of big heavy gas-guzzling American iron...

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 19:08   #65
daKNIGHT

damn, that was good..i didnt think about that one at all...
Old 25th February 2004, 21:58   #66
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

My car may be big and heavy but it is not gas guzzeling 28mbg highway is hardly gas guzzeling. My truck is another story

If you buy a car designed to save gas, why do something counter to its purpose? If you buy a car designed for speed thats a different story.

I like telling stories.

I'm Back?
Old 25th February 2004, 23:03   #67
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

When my dad added a Flowmaster 50-series muffler and Steeda cold-air intake on his Focus ZX3, not only did he notice an increase in power and throttle reponce, but it raised his gas milage (Due to less restriction)...

Soo...Uhh, HA!...and yeah...

Old 25th February 2004, 23:10   #68
daKNIGHT

focus zx3....right
Old 26th February 2004, 00:13   #69
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I actually prefer the Focus over most other sport compact cars, mainly due to the fact that rides on an independent-wheel suspension and it's got a sturdy chassis...Combined with the chassis, the IWS gives off the best handeling abilities without sacrificing ride quality (Yes, along with acceleration, I'm a lateral G type of guy too)...

And with a large engine bay and a driveshaft tunnel (From the AWD Euro Foci), what other sport compact car can be converted to a V8-powered RWD monster?

Old 26th February 2004, 02:11   #70
daKNIGHT

i was actually thinkin of getting one a few years back...but then my cousin the tech told me that ford is no good. Found On Road Dead... it was quite funny.
Old 26th February 2004, 04:46   #71
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I like the focus. Its a good car. It wasn't built by ford though. It was bought by ford Don't base your car purchases on the words of one guys opinion. thats like buying a dodge because i say they are hella cool when that is actually highly questionable.

I'm Back?
Old 26th February 2004, 19:26   #72
daKNIGHT

haha i wasnt bustin on it, i just thought it was interesting how he made ford out to be. but yeah, its a nice car...and it could be really fast too.
Old 26th February 2004, 20:09   #73
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

"i just thought it was interesting how he made ford out to be" - Don't exactly understand that, but dad's always been a Ford fan, with most of his owned cars being Fords too (With the exception of a VW Beetle, a Jeep Wrangler, Pontiac Grand Am SE, and some Olds)...And I've always found the Focus to be a sporty car, even the base ZX3, since it has a European reputation in rally racing...

And the Focus isn't that bad of a car...During the 2000 and 2001 production model years, they had some recalls (Rear axle would sometimes fall apart, sensors would incorrectly read the car's speed and RPMs, etc.), but they fixed most of those 2002 model year and up...First year models: Happens with any company...But so far, my dad's 2003 (Bought December of 2002) has held up well...

Old 11th March 2004, 09:31   #74
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
wow not much left to say here, except : played teh dang game all the way through and beat it with only the neon (went back in the non-competition mode thing, and redid the exact same car except i waited till all performance upgrades except the tranny had been installed then did the three levels of that, and WHOA!!! not rice but definetly a rocket)
as for the cinematic camera, didn't find it to be all that annoying since it doesn't cut in till after you leave the ground so just leaving the steering alone and keeping it on the gas worked fine there for me

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 15:22   #75
AfroMex

Send a message via AIM to AfroMex
First of al i played the game for 3 days and i noticed that when you buy the Mazda Meada it has the same specs as the Skyline and it handles better now in what world does that work?

where does rice come from? japan,china,korea
where do the cars come from? japan,china,korea
theres your answer

your right about Rice in japan and china and korea but Rice is grown all over the world it is used in Meds for cancer and many people eat it you ever hear of Mexican's they eat rice with everything just like asians in italy they eat Rice too so really your trying to say that all cars are Rice burners From your Diablos to your civic and even the Mustang Rice is also grown in Calli and Florida as long as you have pools of water about 4-5in deep you can grow Rice so just a tid bit of info on that well have fun and This game sucked good gameplay but made me sad when my Skyline was the same as a hunk of shit Meada

NADER 2004
AfroMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 02:30   #76
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
I am one who actually prefers “Rice Burners” to American “steel”. Japanese machines not only have a greater longevity then their American counterparts, but they are more efficient as well. America’s motto seems to be to the effect that gas is cheap so fudge it lets just make the cam’s bigger. Japanese motto gas is expensive as are resources lets usurp as much performance we can from a smaller engine and have a vehicle which can endure the years. See the Honda S2000 with its humble 2.0L engine that pumps out 240hp, or the Mazda 1.3L which pumps out 230Hp. Also most Japanese sedans will smite its American counter parts (often with smaller engines), Nissan Maxima 3.5L @ 265hp, Honda Accord 3.0L @ 240hp, Acura TL 3.3L @270hp.Europ and Japan are engineering and America is just complacent, requiring the government to fun any innovations. Sure American Automobiles tend to be cheaper but then aging one usually gets what one pays for ;-).

As for the game I haven’t played it, I myself am waiting for Grand Turismo 4, the all eclipsing ruler of racing games. It will have hundreds of cars to choose from, both the rice burners and the Classic and Current forms of american “steel” (Notice: I put Steel in quotations for it’s a misnomer, a more accurate denotation would be American tin ;-)).

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 02:45   #77
sgtfuzzbubble011

Your comments about Japanese cars lasting longer than American cars is completely moot. It doesn't matter what company makes it or what country it was made in... if it's taken good care of, then it'll last.

Also, an addendum to some of the things I said before:
Even though I'm not a Chrysler or Ford fan, I'd much rather be driving one of those than an import. A little patriotism can go a long way.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center